Photoshop Pages

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I'm really glad you all enjoy the Coral Reef page. It's one of my favorites (again, it's a page that I didn't have many pictures for...but am really happy with the end result. I'm beginning to notice a pattern here :lookaroun and maybe I should use the "less is more" approach more often).

K&K, I scanned the inside of the menu then cut out the fish. They were really easy to cut out because they already had that nice border on them.

I really like your idea of incorporating a title with the sports picture, Mouselvrmom. I think that might be exactly what was missing from the page. I'm going to try that.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Are you almost out of pages now?

Ha...No. I probably haven't even posted half of what I already have completed. I'm trying not to flood you all with them and instead post a few a day. Plus I'm currently using wdwmagic to host my pages, I need to find another site for that because I'm going to run out of storage space.

mouselvrmom

Ha...No. I probably haven't even posted half of what I already have completed. I'm trying not to flood you all with them and instead post a few a day. Plus I'm currently using wdwmagic to host my pages, I need to find another site for that because I'm going to run out of storage space.

It's going to be one gigantic book! :lol:

Although i'm not one to talk. I already have two full albums filled with my last trip and I still have hundreds of pics to do. :lookaroun

HollyBelle

Original Poster
It's going to be one gigantic book! :lol:

Although i'm not one to talk. I already have two full albums filled with my last trip and I still have hundreds of pics to do. :lookaroun

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your next trip in October? You best get busy with those hundred or so pictures!

As far as our book goes... it's going to be a series of volumes (each with it's own table of contents), and we discussed each volume holding somewhere between 30-50 pages (haven't settled on a number yet). So I have enough to go ahead and print Volume I and possibly II but I'm kind of dreading the process of choosing and organizing the order (and variety) for those. It seems like such a daunting tasks, it scares me :dazzle:! So I just continue to make pages instead...

mouselvrmom

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't your next trip in October? You best get busy with those hundred or so pictures!

As far as our book goes... it's going to be a series of volumes (each with it's own table of contents), and we discussed each volume holding somewhere between 30-50 pages (haven't settled on a number yet). So I have enough to go ahead and print Volume I and possibly II but I'm kind of dreading the process of choosing and organizing the order (and variety) for those. It seems like such a daunting tasks, it scares me :dazzle:! So I just continue to make pages instead...

Yes, my next trip is in October and i really need to get busy. although I can really crank them out when I have to. I suppose I should mention that when I finish my december trip, I have all my pics from january through august to do as well as my annual book I do for my mom. I'm hoping to be reasonable caught up before we go. :eek:

I think your volume concept sounds really neat. So will each volume contain pictures from multiple trips?

WDWFigment

Echoing everyone else's sentiments, I really like the Coral Reef page. I also think the AS: Sports page is great--what might be missing is pictures of you two? I alway think my layouts are lacking when there aren't any pictures of Sarah and me, but maybe I'm just vain. :shrug:

Also, I didn't know those were "space" Chip and Dale; when you all began discussing that, it took me going back two times to finally figure out which ones were "space". The first time I looked, I assumed those were St. Patty's day C&D.

Assembling the book actually is not nearly as daunting as it may now feel. I thought the same thing, but it turned out just fine.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I think your volume concept sounds really neat. So will each volume contain pictures from multiple trips?

Yes. I only recently started scrapping and I wanted to represent many of our past trips and I didn't really have enough images from the first trips to have separate books. Also, we wanted to include all the individual character pages (goofy, mickey, minnie, etc.) with multiple outfits/themes and there was no way to do that without incorporating multiple trips. At first I was concerned about chronology, but I already have every single picture in chronological photo albums, so we can always go back and see exactly when a picture was taken if we want to.

Echoing everyone else's sentiments, I really like the Coral Reef page. I also think the AS: Sports page is great--what might be missing is pictures of you two? I alway think my layouts are lacking when there aren't any pictures of Sarah and me, but maybe I'm just vain. :shrug:

Also, I didn't know those were "space" Chip and Dale; when you all began discussing that, it took me going back two times to finally figure out which ones were "space". The first time I looked, I assumed those were St. Patty's day C&D.

Assembling the book actually is not nearly as daunting as it may now feel. I thought the same thing, but it turned out just fine.

I totally agree with you with regards to including pictures of ourselves (vain? eh..maybe, but whatever, it brings them to life). Unfortunately though, I don't have any for AS Sports. But I am really happy with the coronado and pop resort pages, so I'm hoping I can make it happen with this one as well.

We thought the Chip and Dale outfits were random, too. And truth be told got very excited when we saw them (I love seeing the characters in new/different outfits). If you notice in my Pluto page, in one of the pictures he is "spaced" out as well (in goggles and what I like to refer to as a jet pack!).

Did you have trouble visualizing how certain pages (the single ones) would look beside one another once printed? This is probably what I'm struggling with most. I don't want any of them to clash too badly. Also, who did you get to print your book? I'm leaning towards shutterfly.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Some more...

Donald Duck's Tree Farm:

donalds_tree_farm_copy.jpg

The Incredibles:

incredibles_characters_copy.jpg

And a personal favorite, the Mexico Pavillion:

mexico_pavilion_copy.jpg

I know the image quality is lacking a bit (they are a much higher quality in my .psd format). I'm trying to save some space with the .jpg's.

Coree

I think the tree farm page is my favorite in this batch. It's so wonderfully balanced and the background is perfect.

WDWFigment

I printed my book through Winkflash (twice) which was a terrible debacle, so I wouldn't recommend them. As for the pages clashing, it's not something I worried about, I figured it's not like matching clothing, so any contrasting colors were fine. If it is a problem for you, most software shows a page-by-page preview, so if you don't like it, move them around. So long as you have an even number of single pages (assuming you use a title page, if not, then you need an odd number of single pages), it's all fine. Today's pages look great!

Coree

If I remember correctly, Donald's Tree Farm was a character meet & greet during the holidays in Fantasyland back by the tea cups and the Winnie the Pooh greet area.

danirae

Again... awesome. I love the tree farm and the incredibles. I have never seen the incredibles there. I will have to look for them when we go in Sept.

mouselvrmom

Again... awesome. I love the tree farm and the incredibles. I have never seen the incredibles there. I will have to look for them when we go in Sept.

We have seen them back in the animation building at mgm. Or else I believe they are occasionally in tomorrowland with buzz and stitch.

Fran98765

I had a question for you Holly... do you have some pages where you do journaling and other stories about your trips? I'm a big fan of journaling, so I wondered.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
As Coree has already mentioned, Donald's Tree Farm is near the teacups, close to where you enter Toontown. It's been set up there for the past 3 years at least (2005-2007), I don't know how long before that. As you can tell from the pictures, Brett was very excited to meet Uncle Scrooge! Prior to 2005 he was on our "Character Wishlist." We both grew up in the age of the Disney Afternoon with Ducktales, Rescue Rangers, Talespin and Darkwing Duck.

I printed my book through Winkflash (twice) which was a terrible debacle, so I wouldn't recommend them. As for the pages clashing, it's not something I worried about, I figured it's not like matching clothing, so any contrasting colors were fine. If it is a problem for you, most software shows a page-by-page preview, so if you don't like it, move them around. So long as you have an even number of single pages (assuming you use a title page, if not, then you need an odd number of single pages), it's all fine. Today's pages look great!

I'll have an opening page plus a table of contents. And I'm going to try to take your advice about letting it go when it comes to the clashing and just try to focus on variety for each volume.

I had a question for you Holly... do you have some pages where you do journaling and other stories about your trips? I'm a big fan of journaling, so I wondered.

No I don't, although I do like it when I see it on everyone else's layouts. It doesn't work with some of my pages that span multiple trips (but that's probably just an excuse because I haven't tried it :dazzle:). I'm considering doing an non-disney book that includes all the live concerts we go to and I would like to try to incorporate journaling there (to write about our thoughts/opinions on the performance). The one thing that's keeping me from doing this though is the lack of pictures from the concerts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom