Photoshop Pages

angieandtrevor

Thanks, ladies! Stingray City really was the coolest experience ever... if you go to Grand Cayman on a future cruise, you definitely have to book it. We enjoyed it so much it's definitely on the list to do again. I've even convinced my parents they have to join us next time.

Awesome pages Holly, you are really making me jealous.....gotta get some done (although you sure are giving me some great ideas). We are going to Stingray City in mid October. We are doing the wave runner/Stingray City/snorkeling tour and I can't wait. This will be our first time going to GC and it cannot get here soon enough :)

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, everyone! I'm trying my best to get this book done. It's a little bit different to think about making a book that includes all aspects of a trip, because with my "volume" concept I just kinda make what I want, when I want, and then when I have enough pages I throw it all together. :lol: This is hard... and I have a feeling it's going to get even worse when I try to organize it!

I LOVED the stingrays... I know some of you have already read my cruise review, but if anyone else is interested (or simply bored) it can be found on the following page: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=989561. Like all my trip reports, this one is true to form and is a monster! Our stingray adventure starts on page 8, I think post # 143.

Angie, you are going to have so much fun! :sohappy: And wave runners sound like the perfect mode of transportation to get to Stingray City.

sweetpee_1993

Awesome pages, Holly! The cruise pages were awesome & the stingrays looked like fun. My little Brian would argue to the death that stingrays are the devil's evil messengers, tho, since it was a stingray that was involved in the death of one of his biggest heroes ever: Steve Irwin. The kid made us call him Steve for a while there... :rolleyes: Your Jammin' Jungle pages totally rocked but I may be just a wee bit biased. LOL! I've sooo gotta sit down and study these Photoshop tutorials more. I've got so much great stuff to scrap with but still lack the skills. I swear if I ever get rid of this never-ending sinus infection I've got a long list of to-dos to get to.

Keep 'em coming! I love to see your work! :wave:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Awesome pages, Holly! The cruise pages were awesome & the stingrays looked like fun. My little Brian would argue to the death that stingrays are the devil's evil messengers, tho, since it was a stingray that was involved in the death of one of his biggest heroes ever: Steve Irwin. The kid made us call him Steve for a while there... :rolleyes: Your Jammin' Jungle pages totally rocked but I may be just a wee bit biased. LOL! I've sooo gotta sit down and study these Photoshop tutorials more. I've got so much great stuff to scrap with but still lack the skills. I swear if I ever get rid of this never-ending sinus infection I've got a long list of to-dos to get to.

Keep 'em coming! I love to see your work! :wave:

Thanks, Kelly. It was interesting because our guides gave us a great lesson on stingray anatomy and the specific incident with Steve Irwin. You know, considering Brian's love for all living things, you're going to have a heck of a time getting him excited to stay anywhere other than AKL after this next trip. I cannot wait to hear about it.

I'm biased to the Jammin Jungles pages, too!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I've gotten all but two or three pages left until my cruise book is finished! My motivation came in the form of 20% off and free shipping from shutterfly; I've got until October 14. Saving money is a great motivator! Almost there!! :sohappy:

So here we go. I ended up with a lot of pages with green backgrounds, but my goal was simply to do a lot of bright colors, so I think it'll be okay.

Grand Cayman (left):

grand_caymancopy.jpg

Grand Cayman (right):

grand_cayman2copy.jpg

One of our days at sea (I didnt' have a lot of pictures to work with for these):

sea_day2copy.jpg

Ocho Rios, Jamaica:

jamaica_viewscopy.jpg

Jamaica fun:

jamaica_funcopy.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Looking at these on here, I'm thinking some of my pictures are a little dark. I'm going to have to fix that before printing.

Last day at sea:

sea_day3copy.jpg

Parrotheads:

parrotheadscopy.jpg

Margaritaville Ocho Rios:

left:

margaritaville_ochorios1copy-1.jpg

right:

margaritaville_ochoriosrightcopy.jpg

I totally stole the block style from minnie2000. I really, really, hope you don't mind. I was struggling with all these pictures and once I saw the pages you posted a little while back, I thought it would be perfect for this layout. Thank you for the inspiration!!

minnie2000

I totally stole the block style from minnie2000. I really, really, hope you don't mind. I was struggling with all these pictures and once I saw the pages you posted a little while back, I thought it would be perfect for this layout. Thank you for the inspiration!!

I don't mind at all!

Love your pages, and the cruise looks fantastic!

Disneyfalcon

Great pages!! I love them! I think you're pictures look great. I was thinking one was too bright, and that's the dude in the thong.:eek::lol:

mouselvrmom

I love all your new pages, Holly! I especially love the parrotheads one (reminds me of character stalking :lookaroun:lol:), the margaritaville ones (except the guys tan line :eek: :lol:), and the crying one (such sad faces). I bet you can't wait to get them printed out!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, ladies. I really am excited to get this book printed. Especially since I'm giving a copy to my parents, as well.

As for the aptly named "Thong Guy," I must give him credit, because he certainly had the body and bravado to pull it off. Let's just say he got more cheers than the parrot when he went strutting around the establishment!! :lol: I just hope he remembered to apply sunscreen that morning.

HollyBelle

Original Poster
So, I had my cruise book printed about a month ago and it turned out great. This was the first time I used Shutterfly's new custom cover. I thought some of you might want to see what the final product looks like, in case you're considering something similar. The pictures are dark, but should still give you an idea.

Here's the book with my cover design:

IMG_0181.jpg

You can somewhat see the spine on this one. I was worried about my words not being positioned correctly, but it came out perfect... so use the template. It works!

IMG_0178.jpg

And for good measure... some of the last pages I put together for the book:

quote_pagecopy.jpg

arrivalcopy.jpg

night_lifecopy.jpg

going_home2.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
I'm leaving for Disney in 2 sleeps. :sohappy: To celebrate... we have Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party 2008!!!

Left:

mvmcp1copy.jpg

Right:

mvmcp2copy.jpg

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thanks, ladies! I was really happy with how it turned out.

Right now, I'm all packed up and struggling to get through one last day at work!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom