Photoshop Pages

angieandtrevor

LOVE all of them, what a great job. My favorite is definitely the Miami page, I might just steal that idea for the book I am working on now....tee hee. Sure would help me to get my book finished if I could just steal your ideas, LOL !!!!!

HollyBelle

Original Poster
LOVE all of them, what a great job. My favorite is definitely the Miami page, I might just steal that idea for the book I am working on now....tee hee. Sure would help me to get my book finished if I could just steal your ideas, LOL !!!!!

Thanks, Angie!! Steal away! After all it is the sincerist form of flattery, right?! :lol:

Hi I am so so jelious, can maybe one of you send me the link so I can get started on this myself :>) all the pages you guys post look so wonderful, I am so clueless its embarrassing for sure.
:sohappy::wave:

Disneyfalcon

Hi I am so so jelious, can maybe one of you send me the link so I can get started on this myself :>) all the pages you guys post look so wonderful, I am so clueless its embarrassing for sure.

I had no idea how to start at first either, Tinkerchelli. Do you have a software editing program like Photoshop or Photoshop Elements? If you do, I can give you directions on that.

Jenn (mouselvrmom) has a scrapbooking program that she uses. She can give you directions with that.

Or if that is not what you meant at all, then never mind!:lol:

Disneyfalcon thanks I don't have any programs yet actually. My computer at home is very sloooooooooooow and I am a bit scared right now to download another program on it. I may be able to do it at work though ;) should I give it a try here you think?
What do you do when the pages are done, how do you print them out looking so pretty like they are on here?
Do I sound stupid? If so I am sorry :(
Thx so much :sohappy::wave:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Disneyfalcon thanks I don't have any programs yet actually. My computer at home is very sloooooooooooow and I am a bit scared right now to download another program on it. I may be able to do it at work though ;) should I give it a try here you think?
What do you do when the pages are done, how do you print them out looking so pretty like they are on here?

Hmm... considering how much time I actually spend working on these pages, I wouldn't try to do it at work! :D Once you decide on a program... really the best advice I can give is to just play around with it and the pictures. You can also download lots of fun "kits" which will provide you with papers (backgrounds) and embellishments, but I'll let someone else speak to that because I don't use them much. I learned a lot about the specific program I use (Photoshop CS3) just by trying different things. The basics are fairly easy to pick up... things like moving images around, resizing, rotating and adding borders/shadows. From there it's all about getting creative. :sohappy:

After you've got that down, there are a couple of different options for printing. I know some people (I think Jenn and Louella) print the pages individually and add them to a scrapbook they pick up at a scrapbook/craft store (like Michaels). I personally use Shutterfly and can't say enough good things about them. It's a very easy site to use and the number of pages you choose to put in an individual book can range from 20-100 (I believe, maybe more). To give you an idea on cost, a book with 20 pages will cost you $30 plus shipping/handling. If you want more than 20 pages in your book it's $1 per additional page. Plus, they run specials. I have yet to pay for shipping/handling on a book and every once in a while will get some other type of discount. As for the quality Shutterfly provides... my pages really do look EXACTLY like the jpeg images uploaded here.

Disneyfalcon

You totally do not sound dumb!:lol: When Jenn checks in, let her tell you what progam she has. If you're not used to photo editing programs, that might be the best way to start. Also, RAM is pretty cheap for computers these days. That could immensely improve your computer speed.

I do not have a printer at home that will print pages nicely, so if I print them, I will send them somewhere like scrapbookpages.com. For my first book, though, I'm going to upload all the pages into a photo book online. Most photobooks will allow you to cover an entire page with a photo, so I will cover entire pages with my scrapbook pages!

Does that make sense?

Disneyfalcon

Hmm... considering how much time I actually spend working on these pages, I wouldn't try to do it at work! :D Once you decide on a program... really the best advice I can give is to just play around with it and the pictures. You can also download lots of fun "kits" which will provide you with papers (backgrounds) and embellishments, but I'll let someone else speak to that because I don't use them much. I learned a lot about the specific program I use (Photoshop CS3) just by trying different things. The basics are fairly easy to pick up... things like moving images around, resizing, rotating and adding borders/shadows. From there it's all about getting creative. :sohappy:

After you've got that down, there are a couple of different options for printing. I know some people (I think Jenn and Louella) print the pages individually and add them to a scrapbook they pick up at a scrapbook/craft store (like Michaels). I personally use Shutterfly and can't say enough good things about them. It's a very easy site to use and the number of pages you choose to put in an individual book can range from 20-100 (I believe, maybe more). To give you an idea on cost, a book with 20 pages will cost you $30 plus shipping/handling. If you want more than 20 pages in your book it's $1 per additional page. Plus, they run specials. I have yet to pay for shipping/handling on a book and every once in a while will get some other type of discount. As for the quality Shutterfly provides... my pages really do look EXACTLY like the jpeg images uploaded here.

That's it Holly! A place like shutterfly.

Disneyfalcon

Great layouts - I think I love scrapping my Disney photos as much as I love going to WDW - well almost...

Here's mine if you fancy a look: http://www.affordabledisneyvacationpackages.com/disney-scrapbooking/

Oh and if anyone is keen to learn how to digi scrap you definitely need to check out http://www.jessicasprague.com - that girl rocks as a teacher!

I can't see them!:cry:

I totally agree about Jessica Sprague, I've taken three of her classes, one in person, and two online. They are worth every penny.

Thanks so much Ladies....I appreciate all your help. I gonna give it a try for sure. My next trip is October and can hardly wait. I hope I get some really good shots and I will give this a try, thank you all so very very much :)

Disneyfalcon

Okay, I am finally posting some of the pages I did in the car during the long move! I am hoping now that I'm settled, I can get this cruise finished! I can't wait to print my first book!:)

BuddiesonDeck4.jpg

ChaseandJoninTortola.jpg

CCUmbrella.jpg

PirateNight.jpg

Stars.jpg

Disneyfalcon

Thanks so much Ladies....I appreciate all your help. I gonna give it a try for sure. My next trip is October and can hardly wait. I hope I get some really good shots and I will give this a try, thank you all so very very much :)

Ooh, let us know when you start! Have a great trip!:sohappy:

HollyBelle

Original Poster
You totally do not sound dumb!:lol: When Jenn checks in, let her tell you what progam she has. If you're not used to photo editing programs, that might be the best way to start. Also, RAM is pretty cheap for computers these days. That could immensely improve your computer speed.

I do not have a printer at home that will print pages nicely, so if I print them, I will send them somewhere like scrapbookpages.com. For my first book, though, I'm going to upload all the pages into a photo book online. Most photobooks will allow you to cover an entire page with a photo, so I will cover entire pages with my scrapbook pages!

Does that make sense?

Clear as mud! :lol: No really, I know exactly what you mean. One thing to be mindful of (for anyone wanting to do it this way) is that some online services don't print pages in "full bleed" (in other words, there'll be some type of border around it, probably black or white trim). So make sure you pick one that verifies it prints "full bleed."

Great layouts - I think I love scrapping my Disney photos as much as I love going to WDW - well almost...

Here's mine if you fancy a look: http://www.affordabledisneyvacationpackages.com/disney-scrapbooking/

Oh and if anyone is keen to learn how to digi scrap you definitely need to check out http://www.jessicasprague.com - that girl rocks as a teacher!

I was so excited for more pages. Unfortunately, I can't see them either. :(

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Wow, Tammy!! Love the umbrella one, and the "fast friends" and the... what am I talking about, I love them ALL.

What I find really great about your new pages is that, I think you've done a fabulous job at carrying over your "traditional" style to "digital"... if that makes any sense. Your style has stayed the same even when using different media. It still has your stamp on it!

Can you tell me the specific kits in which you found these papers? I'm really loving the color scheme/patterns and think they might be perfect for my marathon book.

mouselvrmom

Does that make sense?

I use scrapbook max. I don't have elements or CS3 and really wouldn't know even where to begin with them. Maybe some day I'll progress to that, but for now I love the program I use. It is so easy to use that even a monkey could do it. :lol:

mouselvrmom

I love the pages you did in the car, Tammy! They turned out fabulously! I'm so proud of you! When I tried in the car I kept losing my arrow so i could never figure out where I was. :lol:

Disneyfalcon

Wow, Tammy!! Love the umbrella one, and the "fast friends" and the... what am I talking about, I love them ALL.

What I find really great about your new pages is that, I think you've done a fabulous job at carrying over your "traditional" style to "digital"... if that makes any sense. Your style has stayed the same even when using different media. It still has your stamp on it!

Can you tell me the specific kits in which you found these papers? I'm really loving the color scheme/patterns and think they might be perfect for my marathon book.

Thank you, Holly! I am very glad that they still look like me, even though I traveled to the dark side!:D

Kits. Hmm. These are a mixture of a few. And remember how I said I haven't been saving things in their kits?:lookaroun So now I don't know where they come from!!:lol:

Actually, I found a couple of the papers. Here's the mouse ears:

http://hereascrapthereascrap.blogspot.com/2008/08/now-we-got-ears.html

or

http://nikkiscottdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/05/3-days-left-and-freebie.html

And here's the yellow paper:

http://www.polkadotpotato.com/shop/product.php?productid=1408

If there's any more things you want to know where they come from, let me know, they actually weren't that hard to find.:)

HollyBelle

Original Poster
Thank you, Holly! I am very glad that they still look like me, even though I traveled to the dark side!:D

Kits. Hmm. These are a mixture of a few. And remember how I said I haven't been saving things in their kits?:lookaroun So now I don't know where they come from!!:lol:

Actually, I found a couple of the papers. Here's the mouse ears:

http://hereascrapthereascrap.blogspot.com/2008/08/now-we-got-ears.html

or

http://nikkiscottdesigns.blogspot.com/2009/05/3-days-left-and-freebie.html

And here's the yellow paper:

http://www.polkadotpotato.com/shop/product.php?productid=1408

If there's any more things you want to know where they come from, let me know, they actually weren't that hard to find.:)

Oooh... pretty! I'm at work right now so I can't exactly download them but just looking at the mickey papers gives me so many ideas. Thanks so much for the links!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom