Pack's in WDW

_Scar

Everytime I see a pack, my mind questions what year it is.

These things are like Crocs: useful, but more cons outwiegh pros.

Let's abolish them!

sweetpee_1993

Come on, ladies! Why strap something around your middle to carry stuff when there's a perfectly good old man there to saddle with the backpack??? :lol:

Actually I have quite a few little cross body bags in various sizes. I even have 2 that I made myself: 1 is a Disney Cutie fabric & the other is a pastel patchwork w/3 wooden buttons sewn on in the arrangement of a classic Mickey. I even made 2 little pockets on the inside to hold a room key & id!

jacalynsue

I wear one on vacation, as does my husband. We each carry a water bottle attached with one of these: http://www.amazon.com/Water-Bottle-...e=UTF8&s=sporting-goods&qid=1274929496&sr=8-5

I don't have to worry about keeping track of it. I can carry money, cell phone, digital camera, tickets. etc. On our last trip, we had a tote bag on the stroller for extra water, rain gear, sunscreen, and hats (kids were inconsistent in hat/sunglasses usage.) The tote bag was easy to manage on low-key family rides. But for keeping my wallet safe, nothing beats a belt bag with the bag itself in front (to the side). Backpacks would bother me every time I sat down. The belt bag doesn't interfere with seat-belts (I kept mine on when on the airplane.)

I keep my belt bag in my car usually and switch essentials to it when I need to be a hands-free parent and not hassle with a purse. At Chuck-E-Cheese, a kid's birthday party, a trip to the playground, I use the belt bag. Function trumps fashion. I'm surprised more people don't use them.

Pooh Lover

Come on, ladies! Why strap something around your middle to carry stuff when there's a perfectly good old man there to saddle with the backpack???

I think that is exactly what my husband was thinking...sort of. Get rid of the wife's pack and make HER carry the Mother of All Back Packs! He is loving life with his light and convenient pack and I am the proverbial pack mule. Oh well, I'm still at WDW!

doc_holiday3500

I'm sure if I chose to wear a pack anyone viewing my vacation pictures would wonder why all of them of me are from the waste up. I believe everyone whn they say they are convienent but I prefer a back pack.

princessmelinda

We have a drinking game we play while sitting at the Lone Palm bar (Margaritaville) at City Walk when IOA closes. As people walk across the bridge toward us, everytime we see a pack we call it out and take a drink. We've named it the "Jimmy Buffet's Pack Parade!"

I have a few pictures of some of the packs and believe me, you'd need a drink too of you saw them. :lol:

HAHAHA I want to play!!

Has anyone seen the vera bradley "travel belt bag?" I just bought one for my upcoming trip in June. It goes in your belt loops and its more small wristlet size and does not look like the typical pack. I call it "my modern pack" :wave:

The Empress Lilly

I use a pack, and only at Disney.

I take some care to look representative, even in a theme park. But these packs are just way too convenient. I don't want to have to haul a bag around walking all day long in Florida's unforgiving climate, or deal with the hassle of a bag on Splash Mountain etc.

mousebymarriage

My DH wore a pack for years at Disney (yea, I know, he's a dork). Anyway, before our last trip in Feb. he was looking on line and found a small messenger style bag on disneystore.com , it is red with a black mickey head on it and our last name in black. He carried that around almost everyday, I called it his man purse!!!:ROFLOL:

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
My DH wore a pack for years at Disney (yea, I know, he's a dork). Anyway, before our last trip in Feb. he was looking on line and found a small messenger style bag on disneystore.com , it is red with a black mickey head on it and our last name in black. He carried that around almost everyday, I called it his man purse!!!:ROFLOL:

:lol: Nothing wrong with a man bag if it prevents him from using a pack. For some reason packs on men bother me more than they do on women. :shrug:

Mikester71

Started with a pack on our first trip in 2005, switched to the camera bag by our second trip in 2007, and most recently went with a small backpack on our last trip in 2009. Honestly, didn't mind wearing any of them and now have to decide which one to go with next year when we go back. Although I liked having the room the backpack afforded me for snacks and bottled water and the camera and things, I found it a pain having to always take it off and hold it on rides. Not to mention it would get hot up against my back in the sun and caused me to get a bit more sweaty in that area.

As much as I hate to say it, the pack was the easiest one to wear. Didn't have to take it off on rides or anything and could swing it around from front to back depending on the situation. :shrug:

fractal

God created cargo shorts hoping he would no longer have to see us wearing packs.

BTW - it's packs not pack's. Reading the title of this thread hurt my brain.

WDW 3

Used packs a few years ago so everyone carried thier own stuff. No one person saddled with a backpack. Now DD and I use "sling packs" and DH wears cargo shorts, still carrying own stuff.

cowanfamily

Original Poster
God created cargo shorts hoping he would no longer have to see us wearing packs.

This must have took place on day 8. It wasn't important enough to make it into the book of Genesis. I always thought they covered themselves with fig leaves, guess I was wrong.

BTW - it's packs not pack's. Reading the title of this thread hurt my brain.

Sorry about the apostrophe. I didn't realize it would cause an aneurysm. Refurbishments must really hurt.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
smileyvault-cute-big-smiley-animated-060.gif
he said .............

RiversideBunny

I have found that cargo shorts with many pockets will hold what I need.
If it's too cold for shorts, like in December, then jeans pockets and jacket pockets work well also, at least for guys.

:)

cblodg

I use the one I use when I'm biking. Holds sunscreen, sunglasses, park map and small first aid kit and at time a snack or two.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom