Pack's in WDW

cowanfamily

Original Poster
Has anyone ever noticed the over abundance of pack's(belly bags) at WDW. I think this must be the only place they are still used.

Does anyone on the boards still use a pack when they go to WDW?:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
My wife. Mini 1st Aid kit, sun screen, wipes and other mysteries normally reserved for ladies handbags.

And you better be Chuck Norris if your going to comment to her. :animwink:

zurgandfriend

My wife. Mini 1st Aid kit, sun screen, wipes and other mysteries normally reserved for ladies handbags.

And you better be Chuck Norris if your going to comment to her. :animwink:

DW always wears one she doesn’t want to be burdened with a hand bag and all of its contents as well.
I always tell her I fought a war carrying less things than you have in that bag.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I wear one to WDW and everywhere else I go. :shrug:

Of course, since I can't really use pockets as others can, I don't have much choice. :wave:

disneyny

I think the rules of fashion that apply everywhere else might not always apply at Disney. Grown men can feel comfortable to wear shirts with Mickey Mouse or Donald Duck's bottom on their heads without fear of being made fun of by their buddies. So I guess this is the one place packs are still ok. When on vacation with your kids and families you don't need to worry about fashion too. At Disney it is all about efficiency and comfort. That being said I still don't think I can bring myself to wear a pack ever- too many flash backs of men in tight black spandex bicycle shorts with flourescent packs in the nineties.:D

raven

We have a drinking game we play while sitting at the Lone Palm bar (Margaritaville) at City Walk when IOA closes. As people walk across the bridge toward us, everytime we see a pack we call it out and take a drink. We've named it the "Jimmy Buffet's Pack Parade!"

I have a few pictures of some of the packs and believe me, you'd need a drink too of you saw them. :lol:

erasure fan1

Yea I admit I still wear one at Disney. For me its all about convenience over style and fashion. Its so much better than stuffing everything in my pockets. It also keeps my stuff like my camera dry if it rains or riding some attractions. No shame at Disney!:lol:

Master Gracey 5

Last time I wore one in WDW I was maybe 12. Not proud of those days, but it was the mid 90s. Since then I've gathered a little more fashion sense, and the acquisition of cargo shorts years ago helped take care of sunglasses, camera and maps.

Mickey is King

Has anyone ever noticed the over abundance of pack's(belly bags) at WDW. I think this must be the only place they are still used.

Does anyone on the boards still use a pack when they go to WDW?:veryconfu:veryconfu:veryconfu

Oh yes, take a walk around the parks on any given day and there will be THOUSANDS of people wearing them - bring one, be happy & hands free

zurgandfriend

I bet Im not the only Brit that laughs at the thread subject for not so common language reasons.

Ah yes, was it Churchill who said we are two peoples divided by a common language? Which reminds me of time a co-worker from our UK office asked my secretary for what we in the USA call an eraser.
I had to explain that one to Human Resources for him.

grumpy 07

I still wear one only at disney world at the themeparks. I like my hands and arms to be free while i spend long hours at the parks. I know how it looks and sounds, but i don't care. Being comfortable is important while in the parks and fashion is not important.

happymom52003

I do because it is the easiest and most comfortable way for me to carry the smaller items I need frequent access to. I could care less if a bunch of strangers at WDW think I look silly, just like I could care less what type of bag/purse others choose to use at WDW. I would not wear one in everyday life, but the two places I do wear one are at WDW and on camping trips.

So if you see me wearing a pack at WDW, laugh all you want! I don't care because I am comfortable and having a great time!

Skipper Dan

I've worn one ever since I was a little kid. I put it to the side, so I it's cooler how I wear it. :cool:

I tried the backpack thing, it just doesn't fit anywhere! Especially Expedition Everest. :brick:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom