Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

BestFriends.jpg

Welcome to H20Babie's Trip Report
*applause*
*ooooohhhh*
*aaaahhhhhhhh*​

With 7 days to go, I thought I would kick off the festivities by starting the Pre-Trip Report. (Of course, it will be followed up by the Post Trip Report). Just like the Christmas lights all over Disney this time year, this report is meant to sparkle, dazzle and, of course, entertain.

Warning_Sign.jpg

Warning: This product can burn eyes.

Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

Since my last trip report was a solo one, I will now introduce you to the "players":

Who?

Me: 34 year old Single Mom, conceived in Disney and 20 WDW visits under the belt since. Last trip was solo in March/April 2008. Has never been to Disney during the Christmas Season. Affectionately known as Thing 1.

Jackson: My son, mischievous and potty-humoured 7 year old, 6 visits under his belt (also conceived in Disney). Last trip was March 2007.

Goni: Short for Antigoni, and my mother, 50-something Disney aficionado. She is joining us after spending a week in Orlando golfing with my dad. She and my dad honeymooned in Disney just after it opened.

Suzy Q: Another Suzanne, also a 34 year old Single Mom. She has only been to Pleasure Island for New Year’s Eve (15 years ago before taking a cruise in the Bahamas). Affectionately known as Thing 2.

Claire: Suzy-Q’s 7 year old daughter, precocious yet shy, absolutely in love with the Princesses (and me). Has never been to Disney or on a plane.

William: Suzy-Q’s 6 year old son, likes to play fight with Jackson and gets a little rambunctious. Also has never been to Disney or been on a plane.

n1554295401_42932_1551.jpg

Suzy Q, William and Claire, 2007.

DisneyPhotoImage72.jpg

Me and Jackson, 2007.

EverestMom-1.jpg

Me and Mom, 2008.

When?
December 1 - 8, 2008

Where?
Disney’s All Star Music Resort

Why?
Why not?

H20Babie

Original Poster
We're baaaack!!!

Over 1000 photos, and our flight was delayed last night ... soooo tired. I'll start writing the first instalment later today.

Be afraid ... very afraid!

:lol:

Cubs Brian

One More Sleep!!!

So I've emptied and taken out the garbage, started the dishwasher and placed the luggage by the back door. I've checked in online as well as paid the baggage fees (discounted if you check in online!)

Jackson is all snug as a bug in bed (mine tonight). But before he got his jammies on, he received a bedtime phone call from Mickey. Mickey told him that he heard Jackson was taking a special trip to celebrate the holidays and that the gang was coming over to Mickey's house to decorate the tree. Pluto gets to put on the big gold star. At the end of the call, Mickey said "see you later, Pal!" and Jackson's jaw dropped. Check out some of his expressions:

PB300001.jpg

PB300002-1.jpg

Now, hopefully, I can get some sleep. There's nothing else to do until that alarm goes off :)

9 more hours until we head to the airport!!!

And in case I don't get a chance to say 'bye in the morning, thanks for reading and I'll be writing the full trip report on our return!

:wave:

We're going to Disney World! :xmas::sohappy::xmas::sohappy::xmas::sohappy:
Where were you able to find out how Mickey could make a call? I'd like to surprise my kids with that On New Years Eve, (the day we leave)

H20Babie

Original Poster
Day One, The Drama Begins:

Set the alarm for 6:15 am. Woke up at 6 am, rolled over to look at the clock, and the clock wasn't there! Not sure what was going on, I literally flew out of bed to turn on the lights and ... no power!!! I raced downstairs to find a flashlight and, thank goodness, found my watch and we hadn't slept in. No power, no phone, no tv or radio, and no internet. A total blackout! Arrgh! Lit some candles, threw on some make up by candlelight and with Jackson carrying the flashlight, loaded the luggage into the car. Got in the car and ... oops! Garage door doesn't open. Darn blackout! We left on time and the temperature on the car's gauge read -26 C. Brrr.

We were delayed in Chicago, so we did some airport sightseeing:

PC010011.jpg

PC010012.jpg

After getting to our gate, we found out our gate had changed. This was not our day :( When we finally landed at MCO at 6 pm (over an hour later than scheduled) and went directly onto our DME bus, which, with our luck being what it was, took an additional 90 minutes. The kids, after travelling for 8 hours, were hyped:

PC010018.jpg

PC010019.jpg

Once checked in, we headed to the room, where Jackson received his surprise basket from Mickey and a special welcome towel Mickey:

PC010024.jpg

PC010027.jpg

We threw our carry ons onto the beds and hurried to the Magic Kingdom for our first ever meal at the Liberty Tree Tavern. What a sight:

PC010029.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Dinner at the LTT was fantastic. Food, service and quality was better than I had expected for a family style/buffet type restaurant. Everyone left full and pleased. The kids were tickled pink by the attention they received from the characters, especially Chip and Dale. They were absolutely "priceless":

The fare:
PC010051.jpg

Jackson's "pirate" face:
PC010041.jpg

"Look what Dale did!!!"
PC010055.jpg

"He put a BUN in his mouth!"
PC010053.jpg

Kisses from Minnie:
PC010061.jpg

Chip antics:
PC010035.jpg

PC010038.jpg

"Is that you, Goofy?"
PC010040.jpg

"Wow, Pluto is much bigger than Finn!"
PC010049.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
After dinner, the kids were starting to get pretty tired and a little cold (the low that first night was 48), so we stood and gawked at Cinderella's Castle while taking pictures of each other:

PC010096.jpg

PC010100.jpg

PC010101.jpg

PC010103.jpg

We got tired of that so we went on Cinderella's Carousel and played Sword in the Stone:

PC010088.jpg

Since It's a Small World was walk on, we walked on ...

PC010064.jpg

PC010079.jpg

... While Jackson tried not to let the song get into his head:

PC010066.jpg

And, of course, we topped the evening off with two rounds of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin. The kids were little hellions by then so we had them locked up for the night ... they don't look upset by it at all:

PC010090.jpg

sweetpee_1993

Yaaayyyyy!!! You're back! I literally thought of you all week. I hope you had a wonderful time. I'm totally jazzed reading your trip report!

:wave:

yankspy

Great pre-trip report and trip report. I love all of the kids expressions in the pictures. It looks like they had a lot of fun.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Day 2: Animal Kingdom and MVMCP

We headed out early this morning, despite the late night the day before. Temps were 64 and 39. Still, not as cold as at home ... not even comparable, really!

Suzy Q and I took so many pictures this trip (these are just mine) that it became a running joke with the kids and my mom. Here's a few of All Star Music we snapped on our way to the park:

PC020112.jpg

PC020113.jpg

I also found an unexpected Hidden Mickey:

PC020117.jpg

Animal Kingdom was first on my list (I think it beats the MK in my books now). We loved the tree and Christmas decorations. The kids also had Animal Kingdom passports which they all completed (and kept them busy at meal times).

We hit the Discovery Island Trails, ITTBAB, Triceratops Spin (Primeval Whirl had a 60 minute wait!), played some games at Dinorama, rode Dinosaur (me, Will and Suzy Q) and Expedition Everest (me, Jackson, Will and Suzy Q).

PC020123.jpg

PC020128.jpg

PC020129.jpg

PC020137.jpg

PC020140.jpg

PC020150.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
After dropping more money on whack-a-dino than Vegas, we stopped to watch these guys ...

PC020153.jpg

Before we left home, I had given Suzy Q some guide books, just to prepare her for the "Disney experience". By her expression, it looks like she didn't read them:

PC020161.jpg

That's much better:

PC020162.jpg

PC020154.jpg

Suzy Q and Will screamed on Dinosaur while I smiled and posed for the picture. They needed some comic relief, something snot so scary, so I picked this:

PC020171.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
By now, it was time for our ADR at Yak & Yeti. What a fantastic meal ... we're still talking about it. I had the ribs, mom had the mahi mahi and Suzy Q had the Lo Mein. The three of us had the wontons for dessert while the kids had mango pie and the sorbet. Everything was delicious!

PC020180.jpg

PC020179.jpg

PC020182.jpg

PC020183.jpg

PC020184.jpg

Even Kiwi the parkeet Webkinz enjoyed his punch:

PC020178.jpg

After lunch we headed onto the Maharajah Jungle Trek, where we saw bats, tigers and beasts, oh my!

PC020186.jpg

PC020194.jpg

PC020198.jpg

PC020190.jpg

jjbuster2

Love your report...especially all that pre-trip stuff...really a pleasure to read:)

I am about to steal your idea about the baskets. We check in POFQ on December 16th and DD (7) broke her arm just a week ago. It's our 1st Christmas trip too.

What's the Animal Kingdom Passport? I don't know that one; where do you get them?

Looking forward to the rest of your report...

:xmas:

H20Babie

Original Poster
Our Fastpasses for EE were good, so we headed over there before leaving Asia to head for Africa. Only four of us rode, the boys and their moms.

PC020216-1.jpg

PC020141.jpg

PC020143.jpg

PC020145.jpg

Then, to cap off the day at DAK, we went on safari. This is what Suzy Q had been looking forward to all day. We walked on with maybe a 15 minute wait. Unfortunately for Suzy Q, she had the sun shining straight into her camera on her side and most of the animals on my side. Ironically, most of my safari pictures turned out to be booty pics ... boy, the @sses were all over the place:

PC020235.jpg

PC020244.jpg

PC020246.jpg

PC020248.jpg

PC020257.jpg

PC020271.jpg

Next up: A little ASMu R&R and our very first MVMCP!

(I apologize for the red-eye; I edited them on photobucket but the changes aren't showing! I'm going to take a break and edit the photos with my own program before uploading them. Stay tuned ... )

H20Babie

Original Poster
Loved your pre report. Looking forward to hearing more!!!! :wave:

Thank you!

Yaaayyyyy!!! You're back! I literally thought of you all week. I hope you had a wonderful time. I'm totally jazzed reading your trip report!

You should see what we came back too ... Brrrr! More on that later :animwink:

Yea for us you are back! Loved the pictures and everything so far!:sohappy:

Great trip report! I love the pictures. Can't wait to read more!

Same to you! I'm jealous we didn't stay at the Poly ... but we ate there!

Great pre-trip report and trip report. I love all of the kids expressions in the pictures. It looks like they had a lot of fun.

Will actually wanted to go home after the first day :eek: But he cried when we left :lol:

Love your report...especially all that pre-trip stuff...really a pleasure to read:)

What's the Animal Kingdom Passport? I don't know that one; where do you get them?

We had them put into the kids baskets, but you can buy them almost anywhere in Animal Kingdom. You're best bet though is the first gift ship before you actually enter the park.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Okay, here's the remainder of Day 2 (if I'm too long-winded, please let me know!)

We returned to ASMusic late in the afternoon for a rest and to get ready for the all too chilly MVMCP. Overall, I was pleased with ASMusic, but this trip was the last time we will go value again. Far out location, parking lot (read Pop Warner) view, small rooms for 2 adults and 1 child, not too mention the zoo of the food court. On the plus sides, it was clean, fun, great activities for the kids, and we were barely in our rooms. Suzy Q, who was on a budget, agreed with me by the end of the week ... lol.

More ASMusic photos:

PC020279.jpg

PC020282.jpg

PC020288.jpg

PC020290.jpg

PC020291.jpg

Now, there is a story to go along with this picture, but until I have Suzy Q's photos, you'll just have to wait. (Think Whitesnake, Here I Go Again and Tawny Kitaen ... )

PC020305.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom