Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

BestFriends.jpg

Welcome to H20Babie's Trip Report
*applause*
*ooooohhhh*
*aaaahhhhhhhh*​

With 7 days to go, I thought I would kick off the festivities by starting the Pre-Trip Report. (Of course, it will be followed up by the Post Trip Report). Just like the Christmas lights all over Disney this time year, this report is meant to sparkle, dazzle and, of course, entertain.

Warning_Sign.jpg

Warning: This product can burn eyes.

Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

Since my last trip report was a solo one, I will now introduce you to the "players":

Who?

Me: 34 year old Single Mom, conceived in Disney and 20 WDW visits under the belt since. Last trip was solo in March/April 2008. Has never been to Disney during the Christmas Season. Affectionately known as Thing 1.

Jackson: My son, mischievous and potty-humoured 7 year old, 6 visits under his belt (also conceived in Disney). Last trip was March 2007.

Goni: Short for Antigoni, and my mother, 50-something Disney aficionado. She is joining us after spending a week in Orlando golfing with my dad. She and my dad honeymooned in Disney just after it opened.

Suzy Q: Another Suzanne, also a 34 year old Single Mom. She has only been to Pleasure Island for New Year’s Eve (15 years ago before taking a cruise in the Bahamas). Affectionately known as Thing 2.

Claire: Suzy-Q’s 7 year old daughter, precocious yet shy, absolutely in love with the Princesses (and me). Has never been to Disney or on a plane.

William: Suzy-Q’s 6 year old son, likes to play fight with Jackson and gets a little rambunctious. Also has never been to Disney or been on a plane.

n1554295401_42932_1551.jpg

Suzy Q, William and Claire, 2007.

DisneyPhotoImage72.jpg

Me and Jackson, 2007.

EverestMom-1.jpg

Me and Mom, 2008.

When?
December 1 - 8, 2008

Where?
Disney’s All Star Music Resort

Why?
Why not?

H20Babie

Original Poster
Back at the ASMu, the kids has been itching to use the pool, so we finally gave in and let them have their way (but not before having mine ... lol):

PC050726.jpg

PC050727.jpg

PC050731.jpg

Wild Thing (You make my tatts sing ...):

PC050728.jpg

Water balloon toss:

PC050733.jpg

PC050738.jpg

Dance break:

PC050734.jpg

PC050736.jpg

Pool Twister:

PC050740.jpg

Suzanne...Oh my, your trip report is fantastic. I am having such a great time snuggling in bed and reading your wonderful trip report! I love all of the extra little planning that you put into the trip to make it extra special. What a wonderful mother and friend. Your son will always have such wonderful memories of your trips together, can't wait to hear more!!!:wave:

sweetpee_1993

Jackson has over 30 Webkinz ... he picked up two more in WDW, and then I put my foot down. We're in WDW ... buy something else! :lol:

I have no idea how many my boys have. It's a lot. Last December we gave them each a $300 gift card for their souveniers. They each bought a handful of Webkinz and I put a stop to it, too. Gosh! You're in WDW! Buy something you can't get anywhere else! :p

H20Babie

Original Poster
Thanks everyone! I'm off to work for the day, with no spares, so I'll do another couple of updates this evening.

:wave:

HollyBelle

Great trip report! Looking forward to more. And I, too, am obsessed with the guava juice at the Ohana breakfast... it's delicious.

H20Babie

Original Poster
After some sun, swim and sanity, we headed out to Epcot and World Showcase for the evening.

PC050747.jpg

We started with Mexico (darn those Dos Equis!), and made our way around in a semi-orderly fashion:

PC050765.jpg

Felice Navidad:

PC050769.jpg

In China, we ran into these guys ... maybe if I was that flexible, I wouldn't be single ... lol.

PC050776-1.jpg

Which, of course, lead me to the Pickle Tree:

PC050792.jpg

Jackson had been hording his allowance and any money given to him by family for the department store in Japan ... he remembered they sold Bakugan and Pokemon. He blew his whole savings ... look how proud he is!

PC050803.jpg

Oh SSE, Oh SSE, Much pleasure doth thou bring me!:

PC050796.jpg

On the way out, I took Will and Jackson and hit Test Track again:

PC050814.jpg

Then Jackson and I blasted our way to Mars for the third time this trip (he finally got to be pilot):

PC050828.jpg

The evening would not be complete without a stop at Mouse Gear:

PC050829.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Day 6: DAK & MK

Animal Kingdom was such a hit, we decided to go back and cover a few things we missed, such as Camp Mickey & Minnie.

PC060836.jpg

PC060843.jpg

PC060849.jpg

Jackson and I went for a coffee while the others went to see FOTLK. As we rounded the corner, we ran into Pocohantas.

PC060851.jpg

After we met up with the rest, Chip and Dale came out for pictures. Of course, they were up to their antics again:

PC060860.jpg

PC060872.jpg

We had breakfast at Pizzafari (delicious breakfast pizzas, BTW) and headed for Kali River Rapids as it was warming up pretty good. Claire looked a little worried:

PC060878.jpg

She had good reason:

PC060893.jpg

PC060899.jpg

The boys went for a second soaking:

PC060915.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
While Suzy Q, mom, Claire and Will went to look for dry clothes (no better reason to shop), Jackson and I hung around Africa and ... pin traded (pay close attention to the lanyard):

PC060919.jpg

After, we went on safari again (where's the lanyard?):

PC060921.jpg

PC060953.jpg

I want a Hippopotamus for Christmas:

PC060925.jpg

Tick tock:

PC060927.jpg

More @sses:

PC060935.jpg

PC060938.jpg

And more ...

PC060942.jpg

You looking at me?

PC060944.jpg

We ended our time at DAK by spending a lengthy amount of time retracing our steps and visiting Guest Services for Jackson's lost lanyard while the others headed to MK. Jackson was the one who realized he didn't have it and had tucked it into the bags on safari. We were given a card and told to call Central Lost & Found in the morning. Jackson was devastated ... but held his chin up until we could find out the next morning. I was so proud of him!

H20Babie

Original Poster
Once at MK, we realized (1) we had just missed the day's parade taping (we had tickets for the next morning):

PC050702-1.jpg

PC060958.jpg

and (2), we had not yet been to MK during the day!

PC060954.jpg

PC060955.jpg

PC060956.jpg

PC060960.jpg

We quickly took a right after Tomorrowland, bypassing Fantasyland for Toon Town before it got dark. I took the boys on the Barnstormer; Claire bowed out while waiting in line and toured Minnie's House instead.

PC060961.jpg

PC060963.jpg

PC060965.jpg

Now, travelling with 3 kids, you would indeed think that one of them would get injured. Well, both boys did with bleeding and split lips from the "do not swing the chain or it will hit you in the face, accident to happen" railings, but who would think an adult would get injured? We dubbed them the Disney Wounds:

PC060978.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
We all went inside Mickey's House, decorated for Christmas ...

PC060971.jpg

PC060974.jpg

And found a real Hidden Mickey:

PC060976.jpg

By now it was getting dark, so we headed to Fantasyland to ring Tinkerbell's bell ...

This absolutely made Claire's trip! Yay, Claire!

And I played around with my camera settings again (notice how the photos are getting better and better bit by bit ... lol):

PC060986.jpg

PC060987.jpg

PC060990.jpg

I gave each of us a penny for Cinderella's wishing well ... Jackson wished for his pins, lanyard and Pluto hat back:

PC060989.jpg

We ended the night with some shopping on Main Street and another fabulous (late) dinner at Tony's Town Square:

PC060991.jpg

sweetpee_1993

OMG! Who's bleedin' heel is that and how did it happen???? Ouch!

K. Gotta ask ya. I'm guessing SuzyQ likes the old-timey pin-up girl art. Just guessing with the Tawny Kitaen pics and the pose at 50's Prime. I love love love the stuff myself. I have a killer Varga book that's just amazing. I'd love to get a tat down my back of one of those pics. Just gorgeous. :cool:

Keep it coming. Love the TR!

H20Babie

Original Poster
The end is near ... I promise! It's -37 here with the windchill, and tomorrow is supposed to be -45. I'm not planning to leave home!

Day 7: MK and Epcot

We woke up bright and early today, and the first thing I did was call Lost and Found. First I was directed to voice mail three times and then I was put on hold for 30 minutes. By that time, the kids were getting antsy so Suzy Q and I took the kids and headed for MK again, while my Mom stayed behind to pack a little and would personally go to the Lost and Found on her way to meet up with us later. We all had our fingers and toes crossed.

While strolling through ASMu, we realized Pop Warner had indeed hit:

PC070996.jpg

PC070999.jpg

as we saw hordes of these everywhere on the resort grounds ...

PC070997.jpg

PC071000.jpg

I found it interesting that we received a phone call from the front desk that morning to request that we take off our Christmas window clings or be hit with a possible fine when we passed all of these:

PC071001.jpg

PC071002.jpg

Talk about putting pressure on your kids!

MK was almost dead this morning. We covered more than any other day combined. What was great about this trip was that we did all the little things that we normally don't do every trip, like the Swiss Family Tree House:

PC071016.jpg

What a view:

PC071010.jpg

PC071013.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
From there, we went on Jungle Cruise, saw the Tiki Room, Country Bears, and let the kids run wild on Tom Sawyer's Island (I jumped on the suspension bridge like an idiot and Suzy Q fell like one!)

PC071018.jpg

PC071029.jpg

PC071043.jpg

PC071052.jpg

PC071062.jpg

I also have to mention that we delcared this sign as "No Dancing." It was a running joke all week ... "Look guys, no dancing!" So, of course, everyone would start Staying Alive ala Travolta.

PC071017.jpg

We finally met up with Mom at the Sunshine Terrance. Low and behold, they had found Jackson's lanyard, pins and Pluto hat! The castmember said we were very, very lucky that they were turned in. So, we celebrated:

PC071007.jpg

PC071073.jpg

PC071075.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
And then dragged the kids, kicking and screaming, on Haunted Mansion:

PC071081.jpg

They loved it (after the scream in the stretch room)!

By then, we were starting to get a little Pooh'ed out:

PC071082.jpg

So we took some more pictures. No crown:

PC071087.jpg

Crown:

PC071088.jpg

The rest of the bunch decided to wait 40 minutes for Peter Pan, so I had a little time to shop and people watch:

PC071090.jpg

Now it was time for one last ride in the MK before heading over to Epcot for dinner. The kids each got to pick one ride. Claire picked Monsters Inc., so Mom and Claire headed that way. The boys picked the Teacups (I could kill them!) It didn't help that Suzy Q came too, giving the spin more of a drunken lurch. Jackson really wanted to see his Mommy puke by the look on his face:

PC071097.jpg

Click to hurl:

By the time we got off, I was staggering to the closest bench I could find!

H20Babie

Original Poster
Our last dinner of the trip was at Garden Grill. I didn't realize that we would actually be able to feel the restaurant revolve. For the first 20 minutes or so, I felt like I was on the teacups again. Then again, so did Suzy Q (na na na na na-na)!

The characters, once again, were fantastic:

PC071103.jpg

PC071106.jpg

PC071113.jpg

PC071114.jpg

Pluto was great with Jackson, even autographed his Pluto hat:

PC071119.jpg

PC071122.jpg

Will's birthday was back in November, and due to some unforseen circumstances, he never had a birthday party. So we arranged one for him:

PC071125.jpg

PC071124.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Last Day:

No parks today. Instead, we slept in, packed (had to buy a new bag for our loot) and lazed around the resort.

PC081171.jpg

DME back was uneventful, and everyone slept on the plane.

PC081172.jpg

Winnipeg was back to Winterpeg

image0.jpg

And Finn is all sparkly for Christmas

PC090012.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom