Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

BestFriends.jpg

Welcome to H20Babie's Trip Report
*applause*
*ooooohhhh*
*aaaahhhhhhhh*​

With 7 days to go, I thought I would kick off the festivities by starting the Pre-Trip Report. (Of course, it will be followed up by the Post Trip Report). Just like the Christmas lights all over Disney this time year, this report is meant to sparkle, dazzle and, of course, entertain.

Warning_Sign.jpg

Warning: This product can burn eyes.

Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

Since my last trip report was a solo one, I will now introduce you to the "players":

Who?

Me: 34 year old Single Mom, conceived in Disney and 20 WDW visits under the belt since. Last trip was solo in March/April 2008. Has never been to Disney during the Christmas Season. Affectionately known as Thing 1.

Jackson: My son, mischievous and potty-humoured 7 year old, 6 visits under his belt (also conceived in Disney). Last trip was March 2007.

Goni: Short for Antigoni, and my mother, 50-something Disney aficionado. She is joining us after spending a week in Orlando golfing with my dad. She and my dad honeymooned in Disney just after it opened.

Suzy Q: Another Suzanne, also a 34 year old Single Mom. She has only been to Pleasure Island for New Year’s Eve (15 years ago before taking a cruise in the Bahamas). Affectionately known as Thing 2.

Claire: Suzy-Q’s 7 year old daughter, precocious yet shy, absolutely in love with the Princesses (and me). Has never been to Disney or on a plane.

William: Suzy-Q’s 6 year old son, likes to play fight with Jackson and gets a little rambunctious. Also has never been to Disney or been on a plane.

n1554295401_42932_1551.jpg

Suzy Q, William and Claire, 2007.

DisneyPhotoImage72.jpg

Me and Jackson, 2007.

EverestMom-1.jpg

Me and Mom, 2008.

When?
December 1 - 8, 2008

Where?
Disney’s All Star Music Resort

Why?
Why not?

H20Babie

Original Poster
Now, you'll have to excuse my photos from our first MVMCP ... I recently bought a new camera and still haven't figured out all the settings. Argh!

We didn't take in any of the shows, but we did catch the dance parties (had to drag the kids out of the Starlight Cafe) and Holiday Wishes. Rather, we rode, and rode, and rode! (Now, that's my kind of night!)

Philharmagic, Winnie the Pooh and Snow White were all hits, all the way around. Claire was not fond of PoTC and came off BTMRR absolutely devastated. She was sitting with my mom, who Claire grabbed and would not let go of. Poor girl was literally in tears. Probably wasn't the smartest ride to go on at night with Claire. It made her very anxious and nervous to ride almost anything for the rest of the week. Bad Mommies!!!

We like to move it-move it:

PC020311.jpg

PC020312.jpg

A la tuhuelpa legria macarena Eeeh, macarena! (Check out my mom, she looks like she's doing the robot!)

PC020313.jpg

The Boys Are Back/Who Let the Dogs Out (click for the video ... rotfl):

Ahhh, peace at last:

PC020317.jpg

But not for long. Dancing machines, they are:

PC020325.jpg

My poor attempt at fireworks photography:

PC020337.jpg

And last, but not least, off to Never Never This Cold in Florida Again Land:

PC020364.jpg

PC020366.jpg

sweetpee_1993

OMG! I'm so lovin' your TR! How fun!

Okay. I gotta see the Tawny Kitaen pic. You must post that one. :lol:

I can totally relate with Claire on BTMRR. When I was like 4 or 5 I clearly remember being at WDW with my dad, older brother, aunt, & cousin. BTMRR was brand new and dad wanted to ride it...but not alone. So he looks at the 3 of us kiddos and says, "If one of you doesn't ride this with me we're leaving." My older brother refused. So did my cousin. Guess who made the bodily sacrifice??? I remember crying in line because I was terrified. Loud noises used to scare the bejeezus out of me so that 1st lift hill nearly gave me a heart attack. Then, the ride began. I wrapped my little arms around the lap bar, closed my eyes tight, and screamed. I just knew I was going to die! I was hysterical at the end. After that ride I didn't step foot onto another coaster until I was 12 or 13. Ironically, the coaster that started my love for the thrill ride was none other than BTMRR. My mother bribed me with my 1st pair of Mickey ears to ride it with her. Keeping your eyes open makes a big difference. It's been all about the thrill ever since! LOL! So, Claire, I feel ya sweetie!

Lovin' those groovin' kiddos! Those are some dancin' fools, huh? Loved it! And your Mom in her robot pic totally takes the cake! Tell her she's a regular rock star! LOL! Love her!

I'm glad to see Webkins were part of your journey, too. The kids all just love 'em. We generally have a Webkin or two join us on our adventures. :D

Can't wait for MORE!!!!! Yaaaaayyyy!!!!:sohappy:

H20Babie

Original Poster
:eek: Who taught your son his dance moves? He is the cutest thing ever!

Well, me of course! :D We have regular dance parties around here! Lol. I used to be in a professional dance program until I tore all the tendons in the arch of my foot playing soccer when I was 16. I still love to dance, but now it's for recreation. Plus, all those HSM movies, help too :lol:

OMG! I'm so lovin' your TR! How fun!

Okay. I gotta see the Tawny Kitaen pic. You must post that one. :lol:

I can totally relate with Claire on BTMRR. When I was like 4 or 5 I clearly remember being at WDW with my dad, older brother, aunt, & cousin. BTMRR was brand new and dad wanted to ride it...but not alone. So he looks at the 3 of us kiddos and says, "If one of you doesn't ride this with me we're leaving." My older brother refused. So did my cousin. Guess who made the bodily sacrifice??? I remember crying in line because I was terrified. Loud noises used to scare the bejeezus out of me so that 1st lift hill nearly gave me a heart attack. Then, the ride began. I wrapped my little arms around the lap bar, closed my eyes tight, and screamed. I just knew I was going to die! I was hysterical at the end. After that ride I didn't step foot onto another coaster until I was 12 or 13. Ironically, the coaster that started my love for the thrill ride was none other than BTMRR. My mother bribed me with my 1st pair of Mickey ears to ride it with her. Keeping your eyes open makes a big difference. It's been all about the thrill ever since! LOL! So, Claire, I feel ya sweetie!

Lovin' those groovin' kiddos! Those are some dancin' fools, huh? Loved it! And your Mom in her robot pic totally takes the cake! Tell her she's a regular rock star! LOL! Love her!

I'm glad to see Webkins were part of your journey, too. The kids all just love 'em. We generally have a Webkin or two join us on our adventures. :D

Can't wait for MORE!!!!! Yaaaaayyyy!!!!:sohappy:

You're too funny! Hopefully, I'll get the "Whitesnake" photos this weekend to post. I'm a little scared, myself!

Jackson has over 30 Webkinz ... he picked up two more in WDW, and then I put my foot down. We're in WDW ... buy something else! :lol:

H20Babie

Original Poster
Day 3: Epcot

We let the kids sleep in this morning and then headed out to my favourite park at about 10 am. It was an HSM kind of day:

PC030368.jpg

Once inside the park, I took my obligatory Christmas pictures:

PC030372.jpg

PC030373.jpg

PC030374.jpg

I booted it over to The Land to get fastpasses for Soarin'. We then went on Journey into Imagination with Figment, and let the kids get out the ants in their pants at Imageworks:

PC030382.jpg

Since we were crossing the main hub to hit Mission:Space next, we detoured into Club Cool. Boy, I had some fun! There was a boy about 12-13, who looked at me like he was asking which he should try. So, of course, I pointed out the Beverley! You should have seen his face ... it was almost as good as Suzy Q's:

PC030394.jpg

PC030386.jpg

PC030387.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Next up was Mission:Space. While Claire was nervous in the beginning, she began to enjoy Mission:Space once she realized it wasn't a coaster or all that dark. She, the pilot, even pushed her red shiny buttons!

PC030400.jpg

PC030403.jpg

PC030404.jpg

By this time, I was craving a churro and some Mexican beer, so we headed to Mexico for a quick lunch at the Cantina. My favourite sign:

PC030407.jpg

Jackson and I rode Test Track and everyone took a good 45 minute foot rest on Ellen:

PC030411.jpg

PC030414.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
We then completed our tour of Future World by finishing it off with stopping in at the Character Spot, The Seas with Nemo and Friends, Turtle Talk with Crush, and Soarin':

PC030419.jpg

PC030420.jpg

PC030423.jpg

PC030433.jpg

PC030435.jpg

PC030439.jpg

PC030443.jpg

PC030445.jpg

PC030448.jpg

PC030449.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Now, the drama returns.

We checked out Mexico a bit more before going on to Norway. The Santa there was funny! The kids now want to leave porridge for Santa on Christmas Eve instead of cookies ... lol.

PC030461.jpg

We had ADR's at Akershus for the Princess Dinner but Jackson did not want to go. I took him for a little walk around Norway, where we eventually sat down and talked. Jackson, who is an only child, was on overload. He was quietly crying and saying he just wanted time with me. We decided we would have some Mommy and Jackson time. Jackson didn't even want my mom with us, just me. I should have anticipated this, but I didn't. The kids had been together from dawn to dusk for the past three days and Jackson needed some quiet time. Kudos to him for recognizing it and not falling completely apart. But, I did feel absolutey awful that Suzy Q, Claire and Will were going to be dining alone after I spent all the time planning this meal for Claire (which, by the way, Suzy Q said was completely disappointing, save the princesses).

So, after watching some the Santa stories all together, Jackson and I spent the evening together in Epcot, riding Test Track and Misson:Space again, as well as SSE, where I let Jackson make our future:

PC030471.jpg

PC030474.jpg

PC030475.jpg

PC030478.jpg

PC030482.jpg

Future1.jpg

figmentisgreat

Philharmagic, Winnie the Pooh and Snow White were all hits, all the way around. Claire was not fond of PoTC and came off BTMRR absolutely devastated. She was sitting with my mom, who Claire grabbed and would not let go of. Poor girl was literally in tears. Probably wasn't the smartest ride to go on at night with Claire. It made her very anxious and nervous to ride almost anything for the rest of the week. Bad Mommies!!!

That is EXACTLY what happened to me! We went for EMH (back when buzz's space ranger spin first opened and you had to actually pay for them!) and my mom forced me to go on it at night. At first, it wasn't a problem because I liked it when I went on during the day. I cried the entire time, and it took until my trip in 2005 for me to actually go on it again.

figmentisgreat

This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL picture. Can I use it for my background on my computer for a little bit?? I never actually realized that view existed! I had to go back and look at my own photos from a couple of trips ago to make sure that you didn't do an expert photoshop job on it!

H20Babie

Original Poster
This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL picture. Can I use it for my background on my computer for a little bit?? I never actually realized that view existed! I had to go back and look at my own photos from a couple of trips ago to make sure that you didn't do an expert photoshop job on it!

Thank you ... I tried to get some "artsy" shots this time around. Go right ahead!

H20Babie

Original Poster
Day 4: DHS and Tee-Shirt Day

Today was a shorter day, with highs around 74. Absolutely beautiful weather. This was also the day we found out what was going on back at home with our government! Wow! The kids discovered Pin Trading ... it would soon become the bane of our existance (and wallets).

PC040503.jpg

More obligatory Christmas pictures:

PC040505.jpg

PC040506.jpg

PC040508.jpg

PC040514.jpg

As advised, we headed straight for Toy Story Mania for fast passes. However, to the kids ultimate squeals and dancing fancies, we walked straight into this:

PC040519.jpg

By the time we got to TSM, the wait time was already at 110 minutes at 9:30 am. So, we did Muppet Vision 3D:

PC040539.jpg

And stopped in the Writer's Shop for coffee and cookie cakes (heck, we're in Disney!) Looks like this big guy ate a few, too:

PC040541.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Suzy Q then decided we all needed our faces painted since we obviously weren't wearing enough make up for our Hollywood sightseeing:

PC040544.jpg

PC040547.jpg

PC040546.jpg

PC040550.jpg

On to Star Tours and fastpasses for the Rockin' Roller Coaster for Jackson and me.

PC040543.jpg

Wait, hold on a moment. Prince Charming??? Nah ... I'll take one these guys anyday ... they're GREEN!!! You know what they say about GREEN men, don't you?

PC040555.jpg

And, of course, more Pin Trading:

PC040561.jpg

PC040562.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Lunch was at the 50's Prime Time Cafe. Loved the Prime Time's theming:

PC040565.jpg

PC040569.jpg

PC040575.jpg

So did Suzy Homemaker:

PC040579.jpg

Good meal. Pot roast for Suzy and the Stuffed Pepper for me:

PC040591.jpg

Suzy Q got in trouble for having her elbows on the table and Mom got a suprise birthday cupcake, while I had the smores:

PC040593.jpg

PC040595.jpg

PC040596.jpg

After the Prime Time, we walked out just in time to catch the Block Party Bash:

PC040603.jpg

PC040611.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Finally, it was time for TSM! By then, we looked like this:

PC040627.jpg

But really, it was more like this:

PC040629.jpg

Seriously now, we all enjoyed the ride ... it was fantastic. After all the hype, I was afraid it would disappoint. It isn't something I would wait 110 minutes for, but I'd definitely fast pass it!

From there, we split. Mom went back to the resort, Suzy Q, Claire, and Will saw Ariel while Jackson and I went to turn on our fast passes for RnRC. Jackson was a little nervous, but he had been looking forward to this moment for months. He was finally tall enough to ride! Being a good Mommy this time around, I told him if he changed his mind before getting into the car, it would be okay. He didn't. This is him after the ride, and his opinion of it:

PC040639.jpg

PC040640.jpg

We called it an early night for once, and returned to the resort where Chip and Dale were waiting for us with more towel creations:

PC040643.jpg

More to follow tonight ... have to get ready for work!

jjbuster2

I'm loving you pictures...it makes me even more restless at work. I've got to do today and Friday, finish packing this weekend, survive Monday, and then we finally get to drive down on TUESDAY! If we don't make park opening at the Studios, plan is to DEFINITELY Fast Pass TSM.

Can't wait to see more...
:xmas:

DormaNesbit

I raced home from work today to see if there was more to your trip report and you did not disappoint! Jackson looks very much like you!:xmas:

H20Babie

Original Poster
Day 5: Lazy Day

We had our first (and only) character breakfast of the trip today, at 'Ohana. Since I had been paying most of the gratuities for the trip, my mom bought us the photo package. Most curiously, the three of us women seemed to match in a Poly, tropical kind of way:

Ohana.jpg

Jackson decided to bring Bananas, the grey langur Webkinz, to the feast. Much to our surprise, Banana's got lei'd:

PC050647.jpg

The meal was good, but the juice ... OMG, the juice was unbelievable! The characters were great, coming around more than once, and paid each child some individual attention.

PC050649.jpg

PC050656.jpg

PC050670.jpg

Birthday hugs for Mom:

PC050659.jpg

Stitch had a baby Stitch:

PC050665.jpg

After breakfast, we moved our butts onto the beach to partake of the sun. This is Suzy Q's expression when she realized she could have been there with me at the Poly during my last solo adventure ... sucks to be her!

PC050682.jpg

Jackson playing on the sand:

PC050677.jpg

Suzanne Squared:

PC050689.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom