Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

BestFriends.jpg

Welcome to H20Babie's Trip Report
*applause*
*ooooohhhh*
*aaaahhhhhhhh*​

With 7 days to go, I thought I would kick off the festivities by starting the Pre-Trip Report. (Of course, it will be followed up by the Post Trip Report). Just like the Christmas lights all over Disney this time year, this report is meant to sparkle, dazzle and, of course, entertain.

Warning_Sign.jpg

Warning: This product can burn eyes.

Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

Since my last trip report was a solo one, I will now introduce you to the "players":

Who?

Me: 34 year old Single Mom, conceived in Disney and 20 WDW visits under the belt since. Last trip was solo in March/April 2008. Has never been to Disney during the Christmas Season. Affectionately known as Thing 1.

Jackson: My son, mischievous and potty-humoured 7 year old, 6 visits under his belt (also conceived in Disney). Last trip was March 2007.

Goni: Short for Antigoni, and my mother, 50-something Disney aficionado. She is joining us after spending a week in Orlando golfing with my dad. She and my dad honeymooned in Disney just after it opened.

Suzy Q: Another Suzanne, also a 34 year old Single Mom. She has only been to Pleasure Island for New Year’s Eve (15 years ago before taking a cruise in the Bahamas). Affectionately known as Thing 2.

Claire: Suzy-Q’s 7 year old daughter, precocious yet shy, absolutely in love with the Princesses (and me). Has never been to Disney or on a plane.

William: Suzy-Q’s 6 year old son, likes to play fight with Jackson and gets a little rambunctious. Also has never been to Disney or been on a plane.

n1554295401_42932_1551.jpg

Suzy Q, William and Claire, 2007.

DisneyPhotoImage72.jpg

Me and Jackson, 2007.

EverestMom-1.jpg

Me and Mom, 2008.

When?
December 1 - 8, 2008

Where?
Disney’s All Star Music Resort

Why?
Why not?

H20Babie

Original Poster
Hair Today, Purple Tomorrow

Well, all you WDWMagic ladies may appreciate this instalment.

I’d been putting off getting my hair done until just before the trip as I have started to grow it out again after the Victoria Beckham/Katie Holmes cut my stylist had given me months ago. (I get bored with my hair). Yesterday was the day. I was going to get a colour (lighter? darker?) and possibly some highlights/lowlights.

After talking with my stylist and being assured that while the cut is asymmetrical, it would grow out without any awkward phases, I went with a trim on the ends and a clean up of the back of the neck. New chocolate hair colours came out for the winter and she wanted to try one of them on me. Okay! We went with Chocolate Cappuccino and since my hair was already a spicy brown, she didn’t pull the colour through completely so I would end up with some lighter brown highlights. Then, on a whim, I decided to get to extensions put in underneath the top layer of hair …

PB270005_edited.jpg

All I can say is that a day at the salon before a trip can be absolutely heavenly! (except for the waxing, of course!)

And since I was near the mall, I bought some new PJ’s from La Vie En Rose and the last book in Nora Robert’s Sign of Seven Trilogy, The Pagan Stone and the last book of Heather Graham’s Flynn Brothers Trilogy, Deadly Gift!

In the meantime, Jackson spent the last two nights with his dad so I watched all 3 PoTC movies and have started on the Star Wars saga (first 3 down, 3 more to go!). I know Star Wars isn't really Disney, but I'm in the minority and really enjoy Star Tours and shopping in Tatooine Traders.

Three more sleeps!

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Wow you sound so incredibly excited it's making me so excited for you..yet extremely jealous at the same time. Can't wait to read more and have a magical trip!

DormaNesbit

What a wonderful BFF you are and you and Suzy Q remind me of me and my BFF. Love the hair! And I just picked up the Pagen Stone Wednesday night shopping with a friend, here's hoping it a good one!

H20Babie

Original Poster
I hope you, the kids and your best friend have a wonderful trip!

I hope so too; the only thing that could get in our way is the weather (her kids are a little wimpy ... they think they'll melt in the rain) :lol: . So far the weather forecast for our first MVMCP is around freezing. Still better than here, though!

Can't wait to read your report when you get back! Hope you have a Magical time!!! :wave:

Thanks, I love reading your trip reports!

Lucky!! have a good time. Can't wait to read your trip report.

Yea, luck may have had something to do with it :)

Wow you sound so incredibly excited it's making me so excited for you..yet extremely jealous at the same time. Can't wait to read more and have a magical trip!

"Incredibly excited" :hammer:That's me, for sure! Thanks for reading!

What a wonderful BFF you are and you and Suzy Q remind me of me and my BFF. Love the hair! And I just picked up the Pagen Stone Wednesday night shopping with a friend, here's hoping it a good one!

I haven't started reading it yet. I'm hoping I'll have a chance on the plane(s). Because the first flight has 2 x 2 rows, I'm sitting by myself while the kids sit in the row in front of me with Suzy Q (now, wasn't THAT some planning ... :ROFLOL:).

*********************************************************************************

Got a bit of a busy morning today (soccer game and Jackson's other grandma, his Baba, is coming over for a visit). I'll post the next instalment later this afternoon.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Back from soccer ... and we won! 8-0. Barcelona remains undefeated! As soon as we got home, I went online and got our tickets to the taping of the Christmas Day Parade (another secret surprise for everyone, but me ... ho ho ho!)

Beside the soccer game, we also decorated our tree:

PB290004.jpg

And, since I have made a little fun of Suzy Q, I need to even the score and make fun of myself. I do not tan, and had no time to 'fake bake'. So I opted for an airbrush tan. Of course, Suzy Q was there, to document the procedure:

PB290001.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
I thought with 2 sleeps to go, I would post our intinerary. Of course, with 3 kids, all times, activities and other events are subject to change without notice :)

Tentative Itinerary

12-1 Leave for airport 7 am for 9:25 am flight to Orlando via Chicago.
Arrive MCO 4:49 pm, DME to AS Music.
Freshen up and head to MK for EMH and 8:30 dinner at the Liberty Tree Tavern.

12-2 Animal Kingdom with lunch at Yak & Yeti.
Go back to resort around 4-5pm, freshen up and head out to our very first MVMCP (which is a complete surprise for the kids)

12-3 MK in the morning and Epcot in the evening with dinner at Akershus
Possible Candlelight Processional?

12-4 Hollywood Studios and lunch at the 50’s Prime Time Café.

12-5 O’hanas for breakfast and then monorail to Epcot for the rest of the day.
Later in the evening, it’s Girls Night Out 1 (World Showcase and Boardwalk).

12-6 MK for Xmas Parade taping.
Kids' Pick afternoon.
MK in the evening with dinner at Tony's Town Square.

12-7 Kids' Pick Morning.
Epcot in evening with dinner at the Garden Grill.
Girls Night Out 2.

12-8 Request late check out.
Lounge around, swim, possible mini-golf or DTD.
DME back to airport :)cry:)

Tomorrow, Finn (Finnegan) goes to the kennel and gets groomed while we're gone. He's starting to look a little scruffy:
PB290008.jpg

TWO MORE SLEEPS!!! :sohappy::xmas::sohappy::xmas::sohappy:
PB290006.jpg

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Tomorrow, Finn (Finnegan) goes to the kennel and gets groomed while we're gone. He's starting to look a little scruffy

Great itinerary. I hope it all works out, it sounds like it will be great fun.

I was curious as to what kind of dog you have because it looks a lot like our families' dog and we've never met anyone with the same breed.

H20Babie

Original Poster
I was curious as to what kind of dog you have because it looks a lot like our families' dog and we've never met anyone with the same breed.

Finn is a cross between a Bichon Frise and Maltese Bichon (I think with all the new 'designer names,' they now call him a "Maltichon"). We needed to get a hypo-allergenic pup as my mom is very allergic to any kind of dander. He almost never sheds, so he's great!

xsupaxmanxsfnex

Finn is a cross between a Bichon Frise and Maltese Bichon (I think with all the new 'designer names,' they now call him a "Maltichon"). We needed to get a hypo-allergenic pup as my mom is very allergic to any kind of dander. He almost never sheds, so he's great!

Ohh ok. We have a Coton De Tulear which is a lot like a Bichon. Sorry that was really random. :D

sweetpee_1993

:sohappy::sohappy:

I'm so jazzed for you!!! Jackson is so adorable! And Finn, too, although I agree he could use some sprucin'. This from a completely nutty toy schnauzer mama who scoots her girl in for a full work-over every 3 weeks. I swear the only thing that keeps me from getting a 2nd pup is the thought of spending twice what I do on grooming. LOL!

Your itinerary looks great. I guess I wasn't thinking the parade taping was the 6th. I was thinking it was this weekend. Geez, I'm almost glad our trip ended up rescheduled. We were supposed to go the 5th thru the 14th. We ran in and back out of the MK during taping last year because I messed up and scheduled our family portrait shoot for that day. I have never seen so many people on Main Street like that before. We did get to hear the Jonas Brothers sing their song 3 times, tho. Sounded pretty cool. It was interesting listening to the director prompting the crowd. Do you know who is scheduled to perform in the parade??? I love that you built a girls night out into your trip. I'd love to have another grown-up girl to go hang out with on our trip. Very cool, tho!

Ooooh, and I gotta say I love love love the purple! How awesome is that??? It shows your adventurous streak (no pun intended but it works)! Maybe I'll do something fun like that before our trip...except in pink. I swear I live by shades of pink...even my hardhat at work is pink. ((I woulda gotten pink WITH glitter but they don't make that...LOL))

2 more sleeps! I'll be thinkin' of ya! :wave::wave::wave:

H20Babie

Original Poster
Hey sweetpee, I couldn't even sleep last night. Stayed up to watch SNL and finally fell asleep around 1 am, then was up today at 6:30! Argh! I desperately need some sleep before we leave ... lol.

As for the hair, I was actually going to go with pink but I thought that would be too "in your face, look at me". The purple seemed more subtle with the darker hair. You should go for it ... I've gotten nothing but compliments.

Now, I just have to get through today :)

H20Babie

Original Poster
Today, Finn goes to the kennel, we need to run a few minor errands, and I think we're going to go to the museum or go and see Bolt before we leave. Not too sure what we're up to today otherwise (other than packing the carry ons).

Tonight, Jackson is getting a call from Mickey. A special holiday greeting that he is going on a special trip. I figured tonight would be better than tomorrow morning, as we might miss the call and it could be pretty hectic.

I'll post later this evening with pics or video of the call.

In the meantime, I decidedto compare weather forecasts, just for fun :)

Orlando vs. Winnipeg

Orlando
High 67, Low 47, 10% POP, Cloudy
High 62, Low 41, 10% POP, Mostly Sunny
High 71, Low 52, 10% POP, Mostly Sunny
High 74, Low 52, 10% POP, Partly Cloudy
High 71, Low 50, 30% POP, Cloudy
High 71, Low 47, 10% POP, Partly Cloudy
High 75, Low 53, 10% POP, Partly Cloudy
High 75, Low 59, 10% POP, Partly Cloudy

Winnipeg
High 25, Low 19, 10% POP, Partly Cloudy
High 26, Low 15, 50% POP, Snow Showers
High 15, Low 7, 10% POP, Cloudy
High 12, Low 0, 10% POP, Cloudy
High 17, Low 12, 10% POP, Partly Cloudy
High 24, Low 8, 10% POP, Partly Cloudy
High 17, Low 3, 10% POP, Mostly Sunny
High 19, Low 8, 10% POP, Mostly Cloudy

:D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Love the weather comparison! :lol:

I have The Weather Channel on my iPhone, first page is Ottawa, second is Orlando... I compare any time I'm feeling down about not being there and get myself more down... :shrug:

But I get over it quickly. :D

thrupaytonseyes

I have loved reading your pre-trip report! Have a great time! Your itinerary looks great! Thanks for taking us on this journey with you! it only makes me more excited for our trip!:xmas:

sweetpee_1993

Holy smokes! I've never seen temps as low as your lows! I've seen actual snow like maybe twice in my 34 years and it was only a couple inches (which probably doesn't count to you..LOL). Does the drastic temperature differences cause you to be more prone to illness?? :shrug: All i can say is...wow! :eek:

I think pink would be such a huge contrast to my natural red. I wonder what it would be like. Hhmmm...guess I need to go have a chat with my stylist girl!

I'm just like you, too, in those days leading up to a Disney departure. I can't sleep but know I really need to get the batteries fully charged for the hiking that will ensue upon arrival. It drives me nutty. Usually I'm stressing over what I'm not remembering to bring or trying to get everything done last minute because I'm the worlds **worst** procrastinator! Take it easy as much as you can. Go see Bolt. We saw it in 3D on Thursday and it rocked!!!

Let us know how the Mickey call goes!

ONE more sleep for you!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

H20Babie

Original Poster
Love the weather comparison! :lol:

I have The Weather Channel on my iPhone, first page is Ottawa, second is Orlando... I compare any time I'm feeling down about not being there and get myself more down... :shrug:

But I get over it quickly. :D

Lol ... I'm going to go through some major withdrawal when we get back as it will probably be our last trip to WDW for a few years. We're planning to go to BC this summer and after that, who knows??? Needless to say, I will be impatiently awaiting your February trip report :)

I have loved reading your pre-trip report! Have a great time! Your itinerary looks great! Thanks for taking us on this journey with you! it only makes me more excited for our trip!:xmas:

You're more than welcome ... I love reading trip reports to get me going, or cheer me up!

Holy smokes! I've never seen temps as low as your lows! I've seen actual snow like maybe twice in my 34 years and it was only a couple inches (which probably doesn't count to you..LOL). Does the drastic temperature differences cause you to be more prone to illness?? :shrug: All i can say is...wow! :eek:

You get used to it ... I don't really know any different and I can't imagine a Christmas without snow. I'm more prone to illness when on any plane so I've been taking ColdFX for a few days now (cross your fingers!) Now, when I retire in 20 some odd years, then I may take a more tropical climate into consideration :)

H20Babie

Original Poster
One More Sleep!!!

So I've emptied and taken out the garbage, started the dishwasher and placed the luggage by the back door. I've checked in online as well as paid the baggage fees (discounted if you check in online!)

Jackson is all snug as a bug in bed (mine tonight). But before he got his jammies on, he received a bedtime phone call from Mickey. Mickey told him that he heard Jackson was taking a special trip to celebrate the holidays and that the gang was coming over to Mickey's house to decorate the tree. Pluto gets to put on the big gold star. At the end of the call, Mickey said "see you later, Pal!" and Jackson's jaw dropped. Check out some of his expressions:

PB300001.jpg

PB300002-1.jpg

Now, hopefully, I can get some sleep. There's nothing else to do until that alarm goes off :)

9 more hours until we head to the airport!!!

And in case I don't get a chance to say 'bye in the morning, thanks for reading and I'll be writing the full trip report on our return!

:wave:

We're going to Disney World! :xmas::sohappy::xmas::sohappy::xmas::sohappy:

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Lol ... I'm going to go through some major withdrawal when we get back as it will probably be our last trip to WDW for a few years. We're planning to go to BC this summer and after that, who knows??? Needless to say, I will be impatiently awaiting your February trip report :)
February will be a quicky trip... in Friday out Monday. DS13 not going so I'll be solo in the parks for two days.

Then maybe a December 3-day Disney Cruise then who knows. DS in High School won't lend to any more February trips and August is pretty hot... It might be a while for me too. :(

Have a great trip!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom