Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

BestFriends.jpg

Welcome to H20Babie's Trip Report
*applause*
*ooooohhhh*
*aaaahhhhhhhh*​

With 7 days to go, I thought I would kick off the festivities by starting the Pre-Trip Report. (Of course, it will be followed up by the Post Trip Report). Just like the Christmas lights all over Disney this time year, this report is meant to sparkle, dazzle and, of course, entertain.

Warning_Sign.jpg

Warning: This product can burn eyes.

Our Best Friends Are Flakes … A December WDW Trip Report

Since my last trip report was a solo one, I will now introduce you to the "players":

Who?

Me: 34 year old Single Mom, conceived in Disney and 20 WDW visits under the belt since. Last trip was solo in March/April 2008. Has never been to Disney during the Christmas Season. Affectionately known as Thing 1.

Jackson: My son, mischievous and potty-humoured 7 year old, 6 visits under his belt (also conceived in Disney). Last trip was March 2007.

Goni: Short for Antigoni, and my mother, 50-something Disney aficionado. She is joining us after spending a week in Orlando golfing with my dad. She and my dad honeymooned in Disney just after it opened.

Suzy Q: Another Suzanne, also a 34 year old Single Mom. She has only been to Pleasure Island for New Year’s Eve (15 years ago before taking a cruise in the Bahamas). Affectionately known as Thing 2.

Claire: Suzy-Q’s 7 year old daughter, precocious yet shy, absolutely in love with the Princesses (and me). Has never been to Disney or on a plane.

William: Suzy-Q’s 6 year old son, likes to play fight with Jackson and gets a little rambunctious. Also has never been to Disney or been on a plane.

n1554295401_42932_1551.jpg

Suzy Q, William and Claire, 2007.

DisneyPhotoImage72.jpg

Me and Jackson, 2007.

EverestMom-1.jpg

Me and Mom, 2008.

When?
December 1 - 8, 2008

Where?
Disney’s All Star Music Resort

Why?
Why not?

H20Babie

Original Poster
Here are some other pictures I took that didn't really fit into the trip report. I tried to get a little artsy fartsy, and these are my attempts:

PC071091.jpg

PC020145-1.jpg

PC020203.jpg

PC020205.jpg

PC020206.jpg

PC020210.jpg

PC030404-1.jpg

PC030448-1.jpg

PC040530.jpg

H20Babie

Original Poster
Well, that's all! Thanks for reading, everyone!

When I get Suzy Q's pics, I may start a new thread ... Idiots on the Loose!

:wave:

H20Babie

Original Poster
OMG! Who's bleedin' heel is that and how did it happen???? Ouch!

K. Gotta ask ya. I'm guessing SuzyQ likes the old-timey pin-up girl art. Just guessing with the Tawny Kitaen pics and the pose at 50's Prime. I love love love the stuff myself. I have a killer Varga book that's just amazing. I'd love to get a tat down my back of one of those pics. Just gorgeous. :cool:

Keep it coming. Love the TR!

It's Suzy Q's ... lol. Serves her right :fork:

Yea, she loves the Vargas look. She was thinking of another tattoo, thinks it will look weird to have a pin up girl on her. Thanks for reading! I'll be waiting for yours in the new year!

Great TR! Looks like a good time was had by all! :sohappy:

We did. There were ups and downs, of course, but I'd do it again in a heartbeat. Suzy Q and I are already thinking about a moms-only trip back to WDW :lol:

sweetpee_1993

It's Suzy Q's ... lol. Serves her right :fork:

Yea, she loves the Vargas look. She was thinking of another tattoo, thinks it will look weird to have a pin up girl on her. Thanks for reading! I'll be waiting for yours in the new year!

Well I loved your trip report! Thanks for all the pics. I thought your "artsy-fartsy" pics were great. I especially love the ones looking up at the castle. Those shots are so cool because they make me feel like the awe-struck little girl gazing up at the castle again. Very cool. I'll have to carry around a little notebook and take notes so I can do a decent trip report when I get home. It'll be a 1st for me. Generally by the time we get home everything has all blended together in my memory. :veryconfu

Oh! And tell SuzyQ it's not weird at all to have a pin-up tat on a girl. I want one, too. We wouldn't be the 1st and I'm sure we wouldn't be the last if/when we got them. :D

H20Babie

Original Poster
Well I loved your trip report! Thanks for all the pics. I thought your "artsy-fartsy" pics were great. I especially love the ones looking up at the castle. Those shots are so cool because they make me feel like the awe-struck little girl gazing up at the castle again. Very cool. I'll have to carry around a little notebook and take notes so I can do a decent trip report when I get home. It'll be a 1st for me. Generally by the time we get home everything has all blended together in my memory. :veryconfu

Oh! And tell SuzyQ it's not weird at all to have a pin-up tat on a girl. I want one, too. We wouldn't be the 1st and I'm sure we wouldn't be the last if/when we got them. :D

Thank you. I would jot down some notes when we got back to the room at night; however, by day 4, that went out the window :lol:

I'll let Suzy Q know you're game for the tat ... if she hasn't read it on here already!

nibblesandbits

I just got back from Florida myself, so I just had time to finish this...loved it!!! Looks like you all had a great time!!! So glad to hear it went so well.

H20Babie

Original Poster
Great trip report!! Loved all the pictures and glad that Jackson got his pins and Pluto hat back!!! :sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

He was so lucky ... I was more than a little worried what we would do had they not been turned in. But, what a magical moment when he did get them back. He had a smile on his face for the entire rest of the trip!

What a fun trip report! Always nice to get to travel with friends :) Glad you guys had an awesome time.

It is, and we can't wait to do it again. Jackson and I are going to go to BC this summer but plans are in the works. Apparently, Jackson and Claire want to try Mexico next year. Can't wait for the pinata accidents! :D

Awesome trip report, glad you guys have a great time!!:sohappy:

Thank you, it was fun to write, too!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom