Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

Jasonflz

And yet whats shown in that theater now is even more dated and tacky and has overstayed its run. Its a matter of 80's old n dated vs 90's old n dated. EO may be old, but itll be a breath of fresh air imo and may actually cause more people to want to be over there. I hope they do decide to show it again.

It does fit better in DL though.

Exactly. What about those who never got a chance to see the original version? Especially for teens who like MJ, as there are alot.

_Scar

:lol: Selena gomez is next in line.

One of her recent videos featured some more suggestive dancing, including a move similar to pole dancing. Can't remember which one it was, but it garnered some complaints from parents.

Selena Gomez :kiss:

BTW, I'm of legal age. :lol:

I thought the whole pole dance thing was on an awards show?

the-reason14

1. I really don't see how Eo will generate much money for Disney at Epcot. People won't schedule a vacation around it. And they can sell eo merchandise without bringing it back to the parks.

2. I'm sure retrofitting the Magic Eye theater wouldn't break Disney. But there would be costs involved. Just the cost of getting a decent print of the crusty old film will be more than the cost of running HISTA. And what's the reurn on this investment? A questionable income, complaints from guests while the theater is down for retrofit and complaints from people who think Jackson has no place in the parks.

Thankfully, I'm confident that Disney knows this. That's why there's very little chance they'll bring Eo back to Epcot.

You never really know. Disney may decide to do this. Vacationers questioning whether to go to Epcot for a day or BG may decide to go to Epcot because of EO. Some people may even confirm a trip because of it. Dont shut the idea down completely. Local folk who may not have been to wdw in years may decide to go because of it. As popular as the movie was(which wasnt really a movie) Im sure EO would bring in more than enough chedder for the mouse. And people will complain about anything, Im sure disney can handle the complaints from people.

WDW1974

Exactly. What about those who never got a chance to see the original version? Especially for teens who like MJ, as there are alot.

Who cares?

Seriously.

How many of the kids on this board never got to experience many WDW attractions of old?

Should they be brought back?

Hell no.

And this is something they can view online now.

Disney needs to be replacing HISTA across the globe, but not with something even more dated.

You don't go back. You go forward.

Disney isn't about retro, even if some fanbois are confused, it's about new and exciting ... :xmas:

the-reason14

Selena Gomez :kiss:

BTW, I'm of legal age. :lol:

I thought the whole pole dance thing was on an awards show?

I think that Miley Cyrus was the one who did that. From what I heard it wasnt obscene. But IMO, its not something a role-model for young girl shoulda done.

_Scar

I think that Miley Cyrus was the one who did that. From what I heard it wasnt obscene. But IMO, its not something a role-model for young girl shoulda done.

No, but I bet she felt stupid for doing it afterwards. It seems like it was an 'foot in the mouth' kinda moment. :shrug:

lebeau

Who cares?

Seriously.

How many of the kids on this board never got to experience many WDW attractions of old?

Hell no.

Disney needs to be replacing HISTA across the globe, but not with something even more dated.

Disney isn't about retro, even if some fanbois are confused, it's about new and exciting ... :xmas:

Quoted for truthiness.

Jasonflz

Who cares?

Seriously.

Hell no.

:brick::brick::brick: Is your whole life on this board.

Think outside of the box man. I was talking about teens across the globe (or at least in the U.S.) who want to experience MJ's only show.

Jeez, everything's about you. You don't like Captain EO so none of us can like it. There are many people who care about Captain EO.

And besides, Disney will move forward after they finallize plans for a replacement in the Magic Eye theater. It's not like bringing Captain EO back will destroy Disney.

lebeau

Don't saddle any entertainer or athlete with the title "role model". If you're dumb enough to bring up your kids with a teeny bopper as a role model, you get what you deserve. Don't expect the Disney Channel to raise your kids.

/rant

lebeau

Think outside of the box man. I was talking about teens across the globe (or at least in the U.S.) who want to experience MJ's only show.

Jeez, everything's about you. You don't like Captain EO so none of us can like it.

Like Eo all you want. That doesn't mean it should be brought back to Epcot.

Disney should not be resurrecting long-dead attractions for a quick buck.

Don't get me wrong, Eo should be fairly low on the list of candidates for resurrection. But they shouldn't be brining back anything else either.

Jasonflz

Don't saddle any entertainer or athlete with the title "role model". If you're dumb enough to bring up your kids with a teeny bopper as a role model, you get what you deserve. Don't expect the Disney Channel to raise your kids.

/rant

:lol: True, but DIsney is also partly to blame. THey pushed her as a role model.

Like Eo all you want. That doesn't mean it should be brought back to Epcot.

Disney should not be resurrecting long-dead attractions for a quick buck.

Don't get me wrong, Eo should be fairly low on the list of candidates for resurrection. But they shouldn't be brining back anything else either.

It doesn't need to be brought back to Epcot (though I hope it does).
You are completely right about the fact that Disney is just trying to make a quick buck on it, but at least it is on something that people will get some enjoyment from.

Better than bringing "Stitch's 3D Spectacular" to that spot just to capitalize on an over-used cartoon character and sell some plush.

the-reason14

Jeez, everything's about you. You don't like Captain EO so none of us can like it.

I agree with you to an extent. But if thats how he feels, then thats how he feels. Bringing back a physical attraction would be dumb, but switching out a film for money and to honor MJ is different. But if it does come back and he doesnt like it, he has the choice to not watch it. Question to mr. negative, I mean wdw1974. Do you watch HISTA regurlerly while at WDW? If you're anything like me and most on this board I would think no. But if Eo came back, wouldnt you be more likely to watch it on a trip than HISTA? I know I would. So why so negative?

the-reason14

/rant

I dont have any kids and when I get them I will raise them right. She's popular with young kids because of her show, and she made it big by her dad and show without a lick of talent. She herself should know she has young fans and make better decisions.

Jasonflz

I agree with you to an extent. But if thats how he feels, then thats how he feels. Bringing back a physical attraction would be dumb, but switching out a film for money and to honor MJ is different. But if it does come back and he doesnt like it, he has the choice to not watch it. Question to mr. negative, I mean wdw1974. Do you watch HISTA regurlerly while at WDW? If you're anything like me and most on this board I would think no. But if Eo came back, wouldnt you be more likely to watch it on a trip than HISTA? I know I would. So why so negative?

I truly don't know. I'll admit that I enjoy HISTA but keeping it the same for all these years isn't moving forward. At least something will happen with this space.

Yuck.

Nothing says moving forward more than bringing back a 20 year old film featuring a dead pop star. :rolleyes:

and a child molester

:rolleyes: Do you have proof?

_Scar

:rolleyes: Do you have proof?

He payed off the people accusing him, he admittingly gave wine to children, he let them sleep in his bed, he was infatuated with eternal youth...

There's a lot of evidence. You just need to connect the dots. :animwink:

Jasonflz

He payed off the people accusing him, he admittingly gave wine to children, he let them sleep in his bed, he was infatuated with eternal youth...

There's a lot of evidence. You just need to connect the dots. :animwink:

I still can't see him doing. As creepy as the fact that he had kids in his bed, he never had a real childhood. He was also disgusted by ______ and homosexuality, so molesting kids seems like something he would be against. Then again, I have no idea what really happened.

Wilt Dasney

As a certain Super Bowl winning coach existentially noted: "You are what your record says you are."

To put it another way: Whatever you see when you pass the turnstiles is what Disney is — at least in that moment.

The fact that enough Disney executives were swayed to bring back Captain EO means that, in the context of this decision, Disney is very much about retro. Will it be a one-off decision or a harbinger of others is the real question.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom