Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

dxwwf3

The fact that enough Disney executives were swayed to bring back Captain EO means that, in the context of this decision, Disney is very much about retro. Will it be a one-off decision or a harbinger of others is the real question.

Well said. I know things haven't been all bad by any stretch of the imagination, but the "new and exciting" things we've been getting lately leave me disappointed. Why not bring back something for 6 months that pleases some fans and can bring some free advertisement for the parks?

Jasonflz

Well said. I know things haven't been all bad by any stretch of the imagination, but the "new and exciting" things we've been getting lately leave me disappointed. Why not bring back something for 6 months that pleases some fans and can bring some free advertisement for the parks?

;) You want Alien Encounter, don't you?

Kamikaze

I'm very glad about this.

As soon as it shows, people will see it, realize how awful it is, and demand it to be removed.

dxwwf3

;) You want Alien Encounter, don't you?

Well obviously :))), but I know that isn't happening and it wouldn't garner anywhere near the amount of publicity that EO is going to. Bringing EO back gets the parks mentioned in most newspapers in country and gets stories up on various websites. The media coverage will be huge on opening day at Disneyland.

TP2000

Also speaking generally, are all of you MJ defenders also Roman Polanski defenders? Keep MJ out of the parks, its bad enough his crap movie made all that money for his dirty family. End this charade.

See my previous post about the Evil Queen in Captain EO, Angelica Huston, being inside Jack Nicholson's house on the night Roman Polanski raped that 13 year old girl. She knew there were drugs in the house, she knew Polanski was with the girl alone in the back bedroom, and she physically looked in the door at the girl on the bed. Huston was not charged as an accesory by the LAPD because they offered Huston a plea deal to get her out of an earlier cocaine possesion charge that was working through the LA courts at the time of the rape.

Paul Rubens (Herman) is the captain in Star Tours and was convicted of exposing himself in a agraphic theater in Florida. :eek:

Don Rickles is the voice of Mr. Potato Head in Midway Mania and spent his nightclub career telling some of the most obscene and racist jokes you can ever imagine. :eek:

Tim Allen is the voice of Buzz Lightyear and was arrested with a pound and a half of cocaine in his possesion in 1977 and was arrested for drunk driving in Malibu in 1997. :fork:

Etc., etc., etc.

I'm not a huge Michael Jackson fan, I don't even own any of his records, but I'm looking forward to seeing Captain EO again.

But seeing Angelica Huston, truly an evil queen who didn't even try to stop a child rape, bugs me more from a moral standpoint than seeing MJ does. Angelica seems to have more scary skeletons and moral failings in her closet than Michael had.

dxwwf3

I'm very glad about this.

As soon as it shows, people will see it, realize how awful it is, and demand it to be removed.

I enjoy it. It's fun, entertaining, and original. Back when Disney had park attractions where you knew nothing about the characters before you walked in. Back when you didn't always get the same cookie-cutter attractions over and over.

Jasonflz

Well obviously :))), but I know that isn't happening and it wouldn't garner anywhere near the amount of publicity that EO is going to. Bringing EO back gets the parks mentioned in most newspapers in country and gets stories up on various websites. The media coverage will be huge on opening day at Disneyland.

True. I really hope it comes to Epcot, as a nice little piece of history.

Jasonflz

I enjoy it. It's fun, entertaining, and original. Back when Disney had park attractions where you knew nothing about the characters before you walked in. Back when you didn't always get the same cookie-cutter attractions over and over.

Agreed. Enough of this movie tie-in _____.

dxwwf3

What I can't figure out is why people weren't upset over the EPCOT 25th exhibit in Innoventions? Where was the outcry over that? I thought people were pretty pleased with what they did there and now all of a sudden people are doing a 180. I don't get it.

Jasonflz

What I can't figure out is why people weren't upset over the EPCOT 25th exhibit in Innoventions? Where was the outcry over that? I thought people were pretty pleased with what they did there and now all of a sudden people are doing a 180. I don't get it.

Some people are just selfish. They want Horizons back, but instead are getting Captain EO. Too much crying over spilled milk.

dxwwf3

Some people are just selfish. They want Horizons back, but instead are getting Captain EO. Too much crying over spilled milk.

I mean it's fine if you don't like the show I guess, but the whole "moving forward" thing is what gets me. As I said before, not everything has been bad and some of the most recent changes to Epcot have been great, but let's not pretend that most of our forward moving recently has been positive moving.

Replacing HISTA with EO for a few months is hardly disgracing the theme of Epcot, which Disney doesn't seem to care about anymore anyways :lol:

Horizons1

Because people like to cry at the drop of a hat. I'm taken back by it too. Usually the bandwagon around here is bring back everything from the 80s! Anything EPCOT Center is the very face of God! And now there's a possibility we could get something back, FOR A LIMITED TIME, and the trip for wahburgers and french fries have begun. I don't know, and I really don't care.

Bring EO back I say! I will be there to watch it. And since a lot of people seem to not want it back, there'll be less wait time for me!

Jasonflz

I mean it's fine if you don't like the show I guess, but the whole "moving forward" thing is what gets me. As I said before, not everything has been bad and some of the most recent changes to Epcot have been great, but let's not pretend that most of our forward moving recently has been positive moving.

Replacing HISTA with EO for a few months is hardly disgracing the theme of Epcot, which Disney doesn't seem to care about anymore anyways :lol:

:lol: IMO "moving forward" is defined as not keeping the same 3D show with no plans of changing it in the future. We need Captain EO, because that's all we might get for a while, like it or not.

_Scar

See my previous post about the Evil Queen in Captain EO, Angelica Huston, being inside Jack Nicholson's house on the night Roman Polanski raped that 13 year old girl. She knew there were drugs in the house, she knew Polanski was with the girl alone in the back bedroom, and she physically looked in the door at the girl on the bed. Huston was not charged as an accesory by the LAPD because they offered Huston a plea deal to get her out of an earlier cocaine possesion charge that was working through the LA courts at the time of the rape.

Paul Rubens (Herman) is the captain in Star Tours and was convicted of exposing himself in a agraphic theater in Florida.

Don Rickles is the voice of Mr. Potato Head in Midway Mania and spent his nightclub career telling some of the most obscene and racist jokes you can ever imagine.

Tim Allen is the voice of Buzz Lightyear and was arrested with a pound and a half of cocaine in his possesion in 1977 and was also arrested for drunk driving in Malibu in 1997.

Etc., etc., etc.

I'm not a huge Michael Jackson fan, but I'm looking forward to seeing Captain EO again. And seeing Angelica Huston bugs me more from a moral standpoint than seeing MJ does. Angelica seems to have more scary skeletons and moral failings in her closet than Michael had.

Michael Jackson alledgedly raped dozens of children.... and apparently all those examples above are less worse? Seriously? :confused::rolleyes:

Wow... MJ had a lot of skeletons...

Horizons1

Michael Jackson alledgedly raped dozens of children.... and apparently all those examples above are less worse? Seriously? :confused::rolleyes:

Wow... MJ had a lot of skeletons...

I've got better things to do than read this whole thread, but am I to understand that a lot of the fight against the return of EO is because of MJ controversy?

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
This is the last I will say about this subject. MJ is a despicable human being, there is no getting around this. There is overwhelming evidence to support the fact that he did things with children that are disgusting beyond belief. He was also a drug addict who was consistently whacked out of his mind.

The argument someone made earlier that he was disgusted with homosexuality, so how could he molest little boys, is seriously flawed. It has been widely reported that he was in fact a homosexual. So there goes that.

Why so we need to honor this "man"? The answer is we don't.

I know lots of people have skeletons in their closets, but his are not in his closet, they are out in the open, we know about them. And still people want to honor his memory because he was good at singing and dancing? Outrageous.

Besides the fact that the show is a cheesy, outdated mess. Even if he wasn't everything we know him to be, it would still be an awful idea to bring back this show.

Jasonflz

This is the last I will say about this subject. MJ is a despicable human being, there is no getting around this. There is overwhelming evidence to support the fact that he did things with children that are disgusting beyond belief. He was also a drug addict who was consistently whacked out of his mind.

The argument someone made earlier that he was disgusted with homosexuality, so how could he molest little boys, is seriously flawed. It has been widely reported that he was in fact a homosexual. So there goes that.

You are so wrong. Just because something's reported doesn't mean it's true. Besides, MJ was a true genius who deserves to have his show brought back.

Jasonflz

I've got better things to do than read this whole thread, but am I to understand that a lot of the fight against the return of EO is because of MJ controversy?

Unfortunately. If you can't see past what you heard of a person for his true talent, you are messed up and need to get a life.

Just because Roman Polanski raped someone (which is sick and disgusting) doesn't mean he is not a visionary of sorts.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom