Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

Jasonflz

Methinks this thread needs to be closed down. It's way too political for a discussion of a 3D show. Some people need to grow up. :rolleyes:

(thanks to all of those who are able to take a simple discussion seriously and not get all overboard)

Jasonflz

Actually he's a corpse.

To read some of the emotion in this thread, one could be forgiven for assuming he was still walking among us, in dire need of either punishment or defense.

He sure made quite an impact. After his death, millions of people mourned and celebrated his great career. Maybe this is why Disney is considering bringing it back.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Methinks this thread needs to be closed down. It's way too political for a discussion of a 3D show. Some people need to grow up. :rolleyes:

(thanks to all of those who are able to take a simple discussion seriously and not get all overboard)

Did you know jackson personally? or are you just a rabid fanboy?

Jasonflz

Did you know jackson personally? or are you just a rabid fanboy?

Neither, just someone who can appreciate talent despite whatever allegation (real or not) is thrown that entertainer's way.

Even if he really did molest children, which I don't believe, I will alway's look at him as an influential and great performer.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer
Neither, just someone who can appreciate talent despite whatever allegation (real or not) is thrown that entertainer's way.

Even if he really did molest children, which I don't believe, I will alway's look at him as an influential and great performer.

So how do you know he was not a homosexual?

Lee

Adventurer

How does that even matter? I don't see that as relevant at all.:shrug:

This thread has gotten silly. Disney sees value in bringing EO back. Period.
Everything else is just personal opinion based on how you feel about Jackson.

Nothing to see here....time to move along...:rolleyes:

Jasonflz

Oh, that. He himself (not to mention friends and family) said that he was anything but. He was apparently hurt by the rumour that was spread around and announced repeatedly that it wasn't true. (as far as I know, and I will take his word over the press, who may have gotten false information from an enemy)

Jasonflz

I wonder if bringing AE back would cause as much controversy?

TP2000

I don't think the thread needs to be shut, we've all got our opinions and it's fun to debate them. :wave:

But something tells me the argument will be moot when I go to Disneyland in February and see a HUGE line for Captain EO, at a theater that hasn't had any sort of line since EO left in '97. HISTA was never very popular, even when it opened at Disneyland in 1998. And now it plays to near-empty theaters in an otherwise very busy theme park.

Whether they put EO in Epcot or not, it's going to be a very popular offering at Disneyland for 2010. And I doubt Disneyland Security will allow MJ critics to preach about his sins to the extended queue of people waiting to get into the theater in Tomorrowland. :lol:

Jasonflz

I don't think the thread needs to be shut, we've all got our opinions and it's fun to debate them. :wave:

But something tells me the argument will be moot when I go to Disneyland in February and see a HUGE line for Captain EO, at a theater that hasn't had any sort of line since EO left in '97. HISTA was never very popular, even when it opened at Disneyland in 1998. And now it plays to near-empty theaters in an otherwise very busy theme park.

Whether they put EO in Epcot or not, it's going to be a very popular offering at Disneyland for 2010. And I doubt Disneyland Security will allow MJ critics to preach about his sins to the extended queue of people waiting to get into the theater in Tomorrowland. :lol:

:lol::lol: Very well said.

It fits in disneyland more than it does epcot.
It will be an attraction for "local guests" to see at Disneyland, but has no place in the world. Especially if they are redoing imagination.

Just ride it out with HISTA, putting a more than 20 year old attraction is just uncalled for, it wont even fit with the theming of "The imagination institute"

This is coming from an MJ fan by the way.

Wilt Dasney

Don't plan your life around this one, but my hunch is if it was coming to Epcot as well as DL, both announcements would have come at the same time.

If indeed media attention is part of the goal here, they're only going to get widespread "OOMPH" from this announcement the first time.

MAGICFLOP

Reading in this thread is actually rough. I see MJ call a child molester, a etc. Who knows what happen, can anyone recant the actual story of what MJ did or didnt do.

Molestation is a crazy word. The news papper could print a untrue story about a child molestor and put anyone of our names in it. You will be forever remebered as a molester. People will see you 20 years from now and hate you and they won't care if the accusation was true or not. They will say " I don't care, I know he did it". People in this day are sue happy and celebs are targets. I, as a parent, would never be baught off if someone touched my sons. I would put them in jail and wait for them to get out. I need facts or details before I will acknowledge someone as a Molester.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

You are right, its not relevant. The other poster used this as a reason why he must be innocent. Thats why I was even talking about it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom