Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

lebeau

And it seems like the world you're living in is one where you see nothing but fault in people. You seem to be the one who believe he was scum, I dont think that and neither do the other millions of people who support him. Yes, his personal life at times seemed to outshine his music, hustle, and talent. But Im not dwelling on what he supposedly did. To me, its not about that, its about his talent. And for that reason alone I think EO should be back.

If you think by bringing the show back, it is "polluting" WDW, then you have a choice to not go or just not go to the show. That simple.

Like I said before, my objection to Eo has nothing to do with Jackson. When his music comes on the radio (which does an awful lot these days) I usually turn it up. I'm not a fan. But I can look past his personal life and appreciate what a rare talent he was.

No matter who was the star of Captain Eo, I don't think it has any place in Future World because it is outdated beyond belief and it wasn't especially good to begin with.

If you want to pay tribute to MJ, I can think of about a million better ways to do it.

the-reason14

Have you ever noticed how after MJ's death people only focused on "the performer he was"? Millions of people loved him for that- his music, his dance moves, etc.- and they completely ignored the years of the trial.

And the "if you don't like it, then you don't have to see it" attitude is a little :rolleyes:. The film could easily remind parents of the accusations- probably around the film was made when he would of been doing these supposed things with children. It's gross- but hey, it's true.... :hurl:

Yea I noticed that and its because of his death. I agree with you to an extent. If he were still alive he wouldn't have much of a positive following. But whatever, they can pay tribute to him by putting eo back in. And to "the film could easily remind parents of the accusations" is a little :rolleyes::rolleyes: to me too. They can easily be reminded of that from the marque picture.

the-reason14

Like I said before, my objection to Eo has nothing to do with Jackson. When his music comes on the radio (which does an awful lot these days) I usually turn it up. I'm not a fan. But I can look past his personal life and appreciate what a rare talent he was.

No matter who was the star of Captain Eo, I don't think it has any place in Future World because it is outdated beyond belief and it wasn't especially good to begin with.

If you want to pay tribute to MJ, I can think of about a million better ways to do it.

And I can respect that reason more than the other one :wave:. And to that my response would be it is no worse than what is there now.

lebeau

And I can respect that reason more than the other one :wave:. And to that my response would be it is no worse than what is there now.

But why would Disney spend money re-installing a 20-year-old attraction that is "no worse than what is there now" when they can't even afford Christmas decorations for Epcot.

_Scar

Yea I noticed that and its because of his death. I agree with you to an extent. If he were still alive he wouldn't have much of a positive following. But whatever, they can pay tribute to him by putting eo back in. And to "the film could easily remind parents of the accusations" is a little :rolleyes::rolleyes: to me too. They can easily be reminded of that from the marque picture.

Which leads me back to my number one problem with this:

They're not doing this to onor him whatsoever, they're doing this for money.

the-reason14

But why would Disney spend money re-installing a 20-year-old attraction that is "no worse than what is there now" when they can't even afford Christmas decorations for Epcot.

Because they may realize they can make more money off of it than traditional Christmas decorations. And its a film, it doesnt seem like it would be that difficult. The money it costs to run HISTA daily may be more than it would cost to instill EO.

WDW1974

Shouldn't this be in the DLR forum?

But seriously, I truly hope this tacky, cheesy 80s film isn't brought back to WDW. It has no place there whatsoever.

It's a money-grab in Anaheim, near the media capital of the world.

We don't need it here ... EPCOT is all about the future. It isn't about tacky 80s nostalgia.

Blech.

Jasonflz

:brick: I still love MJ and refuse to believe he is anything but a great performer. For all of those stubborn idiots who thinks they shouldn't bring Captain EO back because of their own dumb opinions, check Michael Jackson: The Magic and the Madness out. It just shows how amazing, dedicated, and troubled MJ really was.

I'm sick and tired of this hate from people who believe everything they hear.

_Scar

:brick: I still love MJ and refuse to believe he is anything but a great performer. For all of those stubborn idiots who thinks they shouldn't bring Captain EO back because of their own dumb opinions, check Michael Jackson: The Magic and the Madness out. It just shows how amazing, dedicated, and troubled MJ really was.

I'm sick and tired of this hate from people who believe everything they hear.

He payed off the people who pressed charges against him. This was made very public, too. An innocent person doesn't do that.

And I've seen a certain Michael Jackson "documentary" that was more like a "mockumentary" in it's shocking nature. I'll give you a hint: Jesus Juice.

But seriously, I truly hope this tacky, cheesy 80s film isn't brought back to WDW. It has no place there whatsoever.

We don't need it here ... EPCOT is all about the future. It isn't about tacky 80s nostalgia.

Blech.

This ^

Jasonflz

He payed off the people who pressed charges against him. This was made very public, too. An innocent person doesn't do that.

And I've seen a certain Michael Jackson "documentary" that was more like a "mockumentary" in it's shocking nature. I'll give you a hint: Jesus Juice.

He was used to doing this thing (at least it wasn't uncommon from his family) and this doesn't necessarily mean he did it. He was very protective of his image and didn't want accusations (real or not) to hurt it.

Besides, the father of the victim just recently commited suicide. Why?

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Yeah, but I think her dad wrote most of them.

Her true crime is that my wife and daughter subject me to her music on a regular basis. (And my daughter is 4.)

Despite having being well schooled in proper music and having Alice Cooper as her favourite ever live act seen and playing the Cure and Trivium at volume, my youngest will be catching the wailing banshee tomorrow night, luckily shes now old enough to only require transport to and from the venue

Her dad is another one that deserves arrested for crimes against music.

lebeau

Because they may realize they can make more money off of it than traditional Christmas decorations. And its a film, it doesnt seem like it would be that difficult. The money it costs to run HISTA daily may be more than it would cost to instill EO.

1. I really don't see how Eo will generate much money for Disney at Epcot. People won't schedule a vacation around it. And they can sell eo merchandise without bringing it back to the parks.

2. I'm sure retrofitting the Magic Eye theater wouldn't break Disney. But there would be costs involved. Just the cost of getting a decent print of the crusty old film will be more than the cost of running HISTA. And what's the reurn on this investment? A questionable income, complaints from guests while the theater is down for retrofit and complaints from people who think Jackson has no place in the parks.

Thankfully, I'm confident that Disney knows this. That's why there's very little chance they'll bring Eo back to Epcot.

Jasonflz

1. I really don't see how Eo will generate much money for Disney at Epcot. People won't schedule a vacation around it. And they can sell eo merchandise without bringing it back to the parks.

2. I'm sure retrofitting the Magic Eye theater wouldn't break Disney. But there would be costs involved. Just the cost of getting a decent print of the crusty old film will be more than the cost of running HISTA. And what's the reurn on this investment? A questionable income, complaints from guests while the theater is down for retrofit and complaints from people who think Jackson has no place in the parks.

Thankfully, I'm confident that Disney knows this. That's why there's very little chance they'll bring Eo back to Epcot.

It makes more sense in California as MJ was closer to the area. Truthfully, Disney could pull lots of promotion for the film with MJ fans and Disney fans.

I am sure Disney knows what they are doing, as this isn't a fully permanent replacement.

the-reason14

Blech.

And yet whats shown in that theater now is even more dated and tacky and has overstayed its run. Its a matter of 80's old n dated vs 90's old n dated. EO may be old, but itll be a breath of fresh air imo and may actually cause more people to want to be over there. I hope they do decide to show it again.

It does fit better in DL though.

Jasonflz

Every Disney Channel singer is made to murder a few Disney classics. It's just the nature of the game. Thanks Hilary Duff. :fork::lol:

Pole Dance video?

:lol: Selena gomez is next in line.

One of her recent videos featured some more suggestive dancing, including a move similar to pole dancing. Can't remember which one it was, but it garnered some complaints from parents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom