Official: Captain EO Returns to DL

Not that I'm really trying hard to bump this thread, but I just read that Honey I Shrunk the Kids will be down from February 15 to March 27. Is this a refurb, or would it be to install the Captain EO show?

I also read that Test Track will be down for a week in January as well, from the 11th to the 17th.....

I think your confusing Honey I Shrunk the Kids Movie set adventure refurb (at DHS) with the HISTA show at Epcot

wm49rs

A naughty bit o' crumpet
Premium Member
Maybe you're right. Oh well.

Hey! Did you hear Test Track is closed for a week in January? :)

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Maybe you're right. Oh well.

Hey! Did you hear Test Track is closed for a week in January? :)
Yep. Bus bar work I believe and an annual dusting.
Here's hoping I see a functioning road cone in February.
Worked in September, broke this month. ABS LCD before heat chamber still empty. Will it ever work again?

On a brighter note, the barrier test static car (that used to ram the wall) moves again - an up and down motion to simulate just hitting the wall. Timing might be off so look for it too happen too soon as you exit the tunnel.

EPCOT Explorer

Yep. Bus bar work I believe and an annual dusting.
Worked in September, broke this month. ABS LCD before heat chamber still empty. Will it ever work again?

On a brighter note, the barrier test static car (that used to ram the wall) moves again - an up and down motion to simulate just hitting the wall. Timing might be off so look for it too happen too soon as you exit the tunnel.

It's very off, and explains why it looked odd...even to a one time TT newb. :lol:

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Oh, I forgot to mention it, but last time I was on a few weeks ago, the playback was totally working! screens looked new and everything.
Whoohoo! That was the only one that was consistantly faulty - the right hand side LCD of the ABS description would just show an empty frame (working but no car) all the time. Last rode on Dec 4th and it was still wrong.

EpcotServo

Whoohoo! That was the only one that was consistantly faulty - the right hand side LCD of the ABS description would just show an empty frame (working but no car) all the time. Last rode on Dec 4th and it was still wrong.

I couldn't believe it to actually see the car. I'm like 100% sure it's probably not working any more know. just a fluke.
:lol:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom