New Walt Disney World Magazine

sbkline

Here is what I find frustrating. Is it this, posted today?

I just got an email back asking about the magazine and I was told we should have in hand by the end of the week. They are leaving the mail house.

Or this, from 3 days ago?

I emailed him about 20 minutes ago and asked if it's been mailed out yet, and this is the reply I got:

Yep-I got word from the printer that it is in the mail, so it should be
arriving soon (c'mon...postal carriers!!)
Take care!
Tim

I sent an email and this is what I got back.

Hi Dee!

I'm happy to say that the first issue is finally on its way, and you should be receiving it soon (it's all up to the post office now!!). Thanks for your patience, and I do hope you enjoy it...! :)

Thanks for writing and take care!
Tim FosterGuide to the Magic/Celebrations Magazine

Whoo hoo!!

Both of those responses were given on October 24.

So which is it? They are just now leaving the mailhouse today, October 27, as the top quote suggests? Or they already left the mailhouse on October 24 as the other two say?

Again, I'm confident that this magazine is legit and that we will get it. But I'm getting kind of honked off that me and another poster were told 3 days ago that it had already been mailed out, then someone else was told today that they "are leaving" the mailhouse. Based on what I was told on Friday, I feel like I have reason to expect it any day now, and hoped to find it in the mailbox today. But then I get home and see that they told someone else TODAY that they are leaving the mailhouse. And that pretty much tells me that I can forget about seeing it in my mailbox tommorrow. Or Wednesday. And Thursday would probably be pushing it, too. :mad::shrug:

^Maybe he contacted the printer who said they sent them to the post office, so he took it as they had been mailed out already, but in actuality they were still sitting in the "Mail House" or post office waiting for distribution. Who knows? One thing is for sure once you all start to get your issues the subscriptions for this magizine will go up since so many of us have waited to sign up until there is some kind of confirmation from all of you.

kbmum

PayPal allows buyers to file a dispute within 45 days from the date of payment. If you don't file within that time period, you are out of luck. However, if you paid with a credit card instead of a bank account, you may be able to have your credit card company reimburse you due to non-receipt.

GuidetotheMagic

Hi Everybody-
I wanted to come on board and give you all a long overdue update on the magazine (and apologies for not answering everybody sooner, this is actually my first post to this message board!). I know we've been back and forth the last couple of weeks on the delivery (and yes, to answer an earlier post I did get a bit confused between 'sent to the mail house' and 'sent to the post office'...totally my fault and I must take the blame for adding to the confusion!!), but I did get confrimation last week that the magazines really and truly are in the mail (and not in the mail house, on the way to the mail house or anything like that!). I was reminded by the mailhouse that magazine delivery is a bit slower than the normally speedy first class mail, but they should be arriving on people's doorsteps towards the end of this week (as I said on my Facebook post, folks in the Texas area should be receiving them first since that's where they're mailing from, people like me in the great Northeast or other far flung locales may have to wait until the beginning of next week, depending on how speedy the postal carriers are).
For everyone who has been waiting, thank you SO MUCH for your patience. I completely understand your frustrations, (and I'm right there with you, I've been waiting for this day for SO long!), but the wait is finally, finally almost over!
But why the delay? A few reasons, not the least of which was my eternal optimism! We also wanted to make extra sure that everything was JUST right, and we actually had some last minute Disney news pop up that we wanted to get into the first issue. We are very happy with the way it turned out however, and we sincerely hope you agree.
If anyone has any questions or anything PLEASE feel free to email me at anytime, I will always do my best to answer everyone! And please let us know what you think, your opinions really do matter!!:)
Thanks everyone!
Tim Foster
Guide to the Magic/Celebrations Magazine

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Thanks Tim!

Now for my demands.

1.) 1 issue dedicated to The Haunted Mansion!
2.) 1 set of the Haunted Mansion Wall Tapestries. They can be found on eBay buy it now for around $2,000! You have my address.

Seriously thanks for the update and good luck with the magazine! Lotta critics here to see how it's recieved.

Disney05

Here's the email I got last night:

Hi Jim!
First of all, I do sincerely apologize for the delay, we needed to take an extra couple of weeks to make sure that everything was just right (it being the first issue and all), and there was some late breaking news from Disney that we wanted to get into the first issue (and I unfortunately was a bit guilty of some over-optimism!). However, I am happy to say that the first issue is printed, completed, and mailed out...I actually talked to the mail house today and they said that it should be arriving towards the end of the week. We sincerely appreciate your patience, and do hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for writing and take care!
Tim Foster

devoy1701

you all are have to be the most impatient people I've ever known!!! :brick:

First publications rarely every come out on time. There's no sense in getting all mad and threatening asking for a refund a...then you would have done all this waiting and have you'll end up with nothing to show for it! I just love the anticipation of knowing that one day it's going to be in my mailbox!

sbkline

Hi Everybody-
I wanted to come on board and give you all a long overdue update on the magazine (and apologies for not answering everybody sooner, this is actually my first post to this message board!). I know we've been back and forth the last couple of weeks on the delivery (and yes, to answer an earlier post I did get a bit confused between 'sent to the mail house' and 'sent to the post office'...totally my fault and I must take the blame for adding to the confusion!!), but I did get confrimation last week that the magazines really and truly are in the mail (and not in the mail house, on the way to the mail house or anything like that!). I was reminded by the mailhouse that magazine delivery is a bit slower than the normally speedy first class mail, but they should be arriving on people's doorsteps towards the end of this week (as I said on my Facebook post, folks in the Texas area should be receiving them first since that's where they're mailing from, people like me in the great Northeast or other far flung locales may have to wait until the beginning of next week, depending on how speedy the postal carriers are).
For everyone who has been waiting, thank you SO MUCH for your patience. I completely understand your frustrations, (and I'm right there with you, I've been waiting for this day for SO long!), but the wait is finally, finally almost over!
But why the delay? A few reasons, not the least of which was my eternal optimism! We also wanted to make extra sure that everything was JUST right, and we actually had some last minute Disney news pop up that we wanted to get into the first issue. We are very happy with the way it turned out however, and we sincerely hope you agree.
If anyone has any questions or anything PLEASE feel free to email me at anytime, I will always do my best to answer everyone! And please let us know what you think, your opinions really do matter!!:)
Thanks everyone!
Tim Foster

Thanks for the explanation, Tim and for being understanding of our impatience! :lol: :wave:

I can't wait to get that first copy! There is a manager at work who is a WDW fan as well and I told her I'd bring in that first copy and let her see it, and if it has one of those subscription cards in it, I told her she could have it and mail in a subscription if she wants.

GuidetotheMagic

Thanks Tim!

Now for my demands.

1.) 1 issue dedicated to The Haunted Mansion!
2.) 1 set of the Haunted Mansion Wall Tapestries. They can be found on eBay buy it now for around $2,000! You have my address.

Seriously thanks for the update and good luck with the magazine! Lotta critics here to see how it's recieved.

First of all, thanks SO much everyone for being so understanding, I really do appreciate your hanging in there!

And as far as the demands above:
1) GREAT IDEA!! Lou and I just did a Haunted Mansion segment on his show...we could talk about the HM for hours (love it love it love it!). We may need to start a Halloween Special tradition!
2) I actually have two of those tapestries, they are amazingly cool! (but I'm not giving them up :)). It's funny, we have them hanging in our living room, people who know Disney think they're awesome, those who don't wonder why we have a picture of a lady sitting on top of a tombstone and a bust (with axe) that looks suspiciously like my father...not helped by the fact that my father's name is coincidentally George. Talk about funny looks...

Thanks again...I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!
Tim

WishIwasThere

Tim,
I really hope your magazine is well received since I for one would love to check it out. So I think I am like many hold outs that are waiting to see if the $29.99 is worth it.

Hope to be sending you my subsription soon....I'll be watching this thread carefully:cool:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
First of all, thanks SO much everyone for being so understanding, I really do appreciate your hanging in there!

And as far as the demands above:
1) GREAT IDEA!! Lou and I just did a Haunted Mansion segment on his show...we could talk about the HM for hours (love it love it love it!). We may need to start a Halloween Special tradition!
2) I actually have two of those tapestries, they are amazingly cool! (but I'm not giving them up :)). It's funny, we have them hanging in our living room, people who know Disney think they're awesome, those who don't wonder why we have a picture of a lady sitting on top of a tombstone and a bust (with axe) that looks suspiciously like my father...not helped by the fact that my father's name is coincidentally George. Talk about funny looks...

Thanks again...I'm looking forward to hearing what everyone thinks!
Tim

Tim,

Is there anyway I can get that segment you guys did? I dont even know what kind of "show" you guys do? Id like more info on it if you could PM me or something...

Disney05

Tim, from Lou's newsletter, you guys are looking for some help with the magazine. Maybe some people from here would be willing to donate their time.

bidnow5

I agree I'm sure lots of us would like to see it do great so I know I would help if I could. I can't wait to see my first issue

GuidetotheMagic

We are always looking for help, yes! Lou (I believe) mentioned sales help and that sort of thing, and that is certainly welcome.
But I also wanted to add that we really think of the magazine as an opportunity to celebrate the Disney magic with everyone (hence the name, clever, huh?:)), so we would LOVE to hear from you! Stories, pictures, discoveries, article ideas...anything and everything! The more the merrier, and I'm sure there are LOTS of good stories to tell (that's what makes Disney so great).
By the way, I did hear from a few people that finally got their magazines in the ol' mailbox (WAHOO!) which was very nice to hear.:sohappy:

Tim

sublimesting

Tim,

Is there anyway I can get that segment you guys did? I dont even know what kind of "show" you guys do? Id like more info on it if you could PM me or something...

It's Lou Mongello's awesome podcast at www.wdwradio.com

Sucks cause my work blocked all podcasts and I am cut off, but it airs once per week and is over an hour long. Lou gets some serious inside info, so i don't doubt this magazine will be something special!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom