New Walt Disney World Magazine

disneytopdog

I hate to say it, but for the first time, I'm actually starting to doubt the validity of this thing. Up until now, I've been confident that there is a magazine and that we will get it in due time. I've accepted that they took a few extra weeks to tweek it to perfection and all, and that it finally went out last week. However, after a week and people in Texas, where it was supposedly mailed out from, STILL have seen nothing in their mailbox and the only people who have supposedly received their copy are buddies of the editor, I am actually starting to wonder if this may actually be a scam all along. :shrug:

Not to cause anymore undue frustration. Nothing today in Arlington Texas...But I normally get my Time Magazine on Saturdays and if it is mailed bulk postage I not giving up the ship just yet.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Thinking more about this...if it was mailed out of Texas and people in Texas STILL havent gotten this thing...me living in Pittsburgh I wont see it until leap year.

Maybe you guys can read it and mail me your copy? I'll get it faster!

Raven66

I hope not. Someone could have faked that registration and signed up as "Tim" and posted that stuff here.

I was wondering the same thing. I was going to ask how we knew for sure that the poster was really who he said he was. But I didn't want to ruffle any feathers.

jhastings74

I am one of those who hasn't subscribed yet, but I have emailed him a few times as a subscriber to see what his response was. The last time I emailed him (which was Oct. 8th), he replied that we should have it in a couple of weeks...

Hi Jeff!
I'm happy to say that the first issue is off to the printers (we had to take
an extra week or two to make sure everything was just right), so the first
issue should be in your hands in a couple of weeks or so. Thanks for your
patience, and I do hope you enjoy it...! :)

Thanks for writing and take care!
Tim Foster
Guide to the Magic/Celebrations Magazine

I hate to be cynical (okay, no I don't...but that's besides the point...), but I am pretty sure he has sent replies like this back in September as well...it always seems to be 'right around the corner'...

I can't wait to be proven wrong about this so that so many of you will be happy with your new magazines...but I have serious doubts...​

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Im using my phone to post here right now and wont be around a computer till tomorrow. I cant get to the site with his email so someone should email him mentioning thanks for coming on the board and giving us an update and see if he confirms that or not.:shrug:

jhastings74

Im using my phone to post here right now and wont be around a computer till tomorrow. I cant get to the site with his email so someone should email him mentioning thanks for coming on the board and giving us an update and see if he confirms that or not.:shrug:

I thought that was an excellent idea....so I did:

Tim,

Just wanted to thank you for coming on the WDWMagic boards and posting some info for those who are anxiously awaiting the magazine. (That WAS you, right?) Hopefully it will be arriving shortly. Will you be returning to the boards to post any other information? Just curious.

Thanks!

-Jeff

We'll see what happens and I'll post any reply he provides...:wave:

jhastings74

Here it is not more than 4 or 5 minutes later and I've already gotten a reply:

Yes that was me!
I'd love to pop back on, I will try tonight (to be honest, I'm a bit
message-board shy, sometimes the mood can turn quickly and I suffer from
that 'sensitive artist' syndrome!). I'm really anxious to hear if anyone
else has gotten their first issue, I know a few people have but I will be SO
relieved when everyone starts getting them, you all have been waiting SO
patiently and you have no idea how much I appreciate that (and I could use
the sleep) :)
Tim

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Its just weird. I fully believe we will get the Mag but its just crazy that we have these delays according to his time frame.

DivineMadness7

I'm sure that starting up a new magazine is a difficult process but if how they have handled the past few months is any preview of how they will deal with the magazine in the future....well, I don't think I will be subscribing. :shrug:

Shere_Khan

I had almost subscribed to this back when I heard about it, but think I will wait until I hear some good reviews.

If anyone is wondering Orlando Attractions magazine is outstanding and they are extremely helpful. They had even sent me a replacement issue when in the midst of a move I did not receive one of the issues.

GuidetotheMagic

Hi Gang!
Just wanted to give everyone an update...not much new to report other than some people have started getting their magazines, and (according to our mailhouse) everyone should get them be early next week. As I said, they were completed and printed a while back, we're just waiting for the post office at this point (obviously that's out of my control, I'd hand deliver these to each and every one of you if I could!). I hope that the bulk will be delivered over the weekend (believe me, I'm just as anxious as you are...).
I did receive the extra copies, so anyone who ordered the first issue on back order will be getting theirs soon as well. :)
So hang in there, enjoy your night of trick or treating, and hopefully this time next week we can all talk about the first issue and what you think. Again, this is your magazine too, so if you have any stories or photos you'd like to share send 'em on in!
Thanks!
Tim

earldw28

Happy Halloween Everybody!!

I really want to subscribe to this magazine but there is no way until atleast several people on here start receiving them. Keep us up to date guys.

devoy1701

:brick:

:(

:mad:

:lookaroun

even the patient among us are starting to grow weary.
There better be some pixey dust in my issue! Bring back my magical mood...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom