New Walt Disney World Magazine

sbkline

Tuesday is not a holiday by any stretch of the imagination. Mail will be delivered as usual.

Tuesday is Presidential election day, and there is no mail on Federal holidays. Federal Elections are holidays for federal, as well as many state and local workers.

When I worked at the Illinois Department of Revenue, all elections, except for the silly odd year elections, were holidays on which we got the day off. And when I worked for the county, it was the same...except for the fact that I worked in the election office, so we had to work. But every other office in the courthouse was closed on election day.

sbkline

Oh, and I see that someone received their magazine. :sohappy: I'm still waiting for mine, but as a result of the reports that I have seen from those who have gotten their's, I'm all too happy to eat crow and admit that I was wrong yesterday, and apologize to Tim for doubting him. :eek::lol:

Nemo14

Tuesday is Presidential election day, and there is no mail on Federal holidays. Federal Elections are holidays for federal, as well as many state and local workers.

When I worked at the Illinois Department of Revenue, all elections, except for the silly odd year elections, were holidays on which we got the day off. And when I worked for the county, it was the same...except for the fact that I worked in the election office, so we had to work. But every other office in the courthouse was closed on election day.
from
the USPS website

2008 Postal Holidays

Tuesday, January 1 - New Year's Day
Monday, January 21 - Martin Luther King Jr's Birthday
Monday, February 18 - Washington's Birthday (President's Day)
Monday, May 26 - Memorial Day
Friday, July 4 - Independence Day
Monday, September 1 - Labor Day
Monday, October 13 - Columbus Day
Tuesday, November 11 - Veterans Day
Thursday, November 27 - Thanksgiving Day
Thursday, December 25 - Christmas Day
Thursday, January 1, 2009 - New Year's Day

disneytopdog

Oh, and I see that someone received their magazine. :sohappy: I'm still waiting for mine, but as a result of the reports that I have seen from those who have gotten their's, I'm all too happy to eat crow and admit that I was wrong yesterday, and apologize to Tim for doubting him. :eek::lol:

Sbkline....It was worth the wait. There is nothing like having a physical magazine in your hands to read and take with you. Call me old fashion....But I like my news from a daily newspaper that gets your fingers black, I like a magazine that I can take to "Every mans favorite reading room in the house" I am very impressed with it so far. Great pics and nice layout

Disneykidder

How am I going to "act" now? Are you going to call me out, too?

I come on this board and never mean anyone harm or post negative comments about anyone or their comments...maybe you are the one who needs to chill.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
How am I going to "act" now? Are you going to call me out, too?

I come on this board and never mean anyone harm or post negative comments about anyone or their comments...maybe you are the one who needs to chill.

Clearly I was wrong when I thought we were both joking. If you read any of my posts you can see I'm pretty sarcastic and it also says so in my about me section.

Sorry if I upset you but I ment no harm. It's a Disney message board no need to prove toughness here.

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
This magazine is pretty impressive. I havent read it yet but the articles they chose to use look pretty good. The best thing about this magazine is that the paper is thicke, bright, and glossy. Im really impressed with this!

Sorry about the pics not being GREAT, I just wated to get some up real fast...

4caaa3a7.jpg

91592219.jpg

82765cef.jpg

WDFAN1977

I am glad to see that people are now receiving the magazine. At the same time I am envious, because I am yet to receive mine:cry::cry::cry:. Hopefully this coming week:shrug:.

DivineMadness7

Looks good but they cut off the top of the castle on the cover and the OCD freak inside of me won't ignore it. If you're going to have an opaque banner at the top, why not shrink the picture down to fit? Also, the Halloween picture on the right might look a little less awkward as there would be more space on the side margins and it might actually fit without it looking like it was pasted on there (like it does now.) Sorry, I know it's not a big deal! The hidden mickeys thing looks interesting. Unfortunately, this isn't something I will subscribe to and unless they decide to sell it at bookstores/newstands, I probably won't buy an issue :shrug:

EdHi

FINALLY!!!! I just pulled it out of my hot little mail box. Haven't had a chance to dig yet but, I'm gonna step right on out there and say this is superior to the old Disney Mag. I would have been satisfied with much less. And you gotta believe its gonna get better. (And no offense but why wouldn't you want to subscribe to it?)

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
Looks good but they cut off the top of the castle on the cover and the OCD freak inside of me won't ignore it. If you're going to have an opaque banner at the top, why not shrink the picture down to fit? Also, the Halloween picture on the right might look a little less awkward as there would be more space on the side margins and it might actually fit without it looking like it was pasted on there (like it does now.) Sorry, I know it's not a big deal! The hidden mickeys thing looks interesting. Unfortunately, this isn't something I will subscribe to and unless they decide to sell it at bookstores/newstands, I probably won't buy an issue :shrug:

Sighhhhhhhhh...

Hrudey3032

This magazine could have a white blank cover on it and just say Disney Magazine and i still would want to see it.

Raven66

nothing for me yet. I just have this image of it having been delivered to the wrong house and someone is sitting in their chair enjoying my magazine. Then when they are done they bring it to me and it's all wrinkled and violated.:lol:

blackthidot

In the Parks
Yes
This magazine could have a white blank cover on it and just say Disney Magazine and i still would want to see it.

Exactly I cant see how ANYONE who is registered on this board would NOT want this magazine. I mean if you dont have the money thats one thing but I cant understand it beyond that.

sbkline

nothing for me yet. I just have this image of it having been delivered to the wrong house and someone is sitting in their chair enjoying my magazine. Then when they are done they bring it to me and it's all wrinkled and violated.:lol:

I was thinking something similar about mine. I haven't received mine yet, either, and I just bet that mine is the one that fell out of the mail basket into a mud puddle and got ran over by a line of traffic. If any of you see any vehicles drive by with wet, goopy paper stuck to their tires, those are probably pieces of my copy of the magazine!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom