New Walt Disney World Magazine

King Capybara 77

Thank you sir. You were an inspiration.
Premium Member
To all those waitning patiently(and not so patiently) bear a thought for us international subscribers that will not see theirs for longer yet.:cry:

sbkline

If Tim comes back in here, one thing I am curious about, is how this delay will affect future issues of the magazine. Since the first issue was supposed to come out at the end of September, and then every other month after that, will the next issue still show up at the end of November under that schedule? Or will it come out 2 months after the actual time that the first issue came out? No really big deal either way, but I was just curious since the next issue is supposed to be their Christmas issue. If it shows up 2 months after the original premier date of the end of September, then that would put it in our mailboxes around the end of this month...just in time to fall into Christmas season. If it comes out two months from the actual premier date, then Christmas will already be over with...although it may only be over with by a week or so. Again, not a really big deal, and if we don't get it until January, then no big deal. I was just curious, that's all.

DisneyDellsDude

If Tim comes back in here, one thing I am curious about, is how this delay will affect future issues of the magazine. Since the first issue was supposed to come out at the end of September, and then every other month after that, will the next issue still show up at the end of November under that schedule? Or will it come out 2 months after the actual time that the first issue came out? No really big deal either way, but I was just curious since the next issue is supposed to be their Christmas issue. If it shows up 2 months after the original premier date of the end of September, then that would put it in our mailboxes around the end of this month...just in time to fall into Christmas season. If it comes out two months from the actual premier date, then Christmas will already be over with...although it may only be over with by a week or so. Again, not a really big deal, and if we don't get it until January, then no big deal. I was just curious, that's all.

On their website, it says Issue 2 will come out early December, so they're slowly catching up. My guess would be their plan is to distrubute the issues at the start of the issue's timeframe.

disneytopdog

The top of the cover in the right hand side of issue #1 has "SEPTEMBER/OCTOBER 2008". So #2 Should come out end of November early December to get back on schedule

Theresonly1

Glad to see I'm not the only one still waiting...Hopefully Monday...but i did get my Disney fix today, went to the Disney Store, the new Christmas ornaments are so cute!!!

mickey's mamu

YEAH!! Just received my magazine here in the suburbs of Dallas! It looks fantastic. Lots and lots of articles and pictures. Can't wait to read it cover to cover.

sublimesting

Tuesday is Presidential election day, and there is no mail on Federal holidays. Federal Elections are holidays for federal, as well as many state and local workers.

When I worked at the Illinois Department of Revenue, all elections, except for the silly odd year elections, were holidays on which we got the day off. And when I worked for the county, it was the same...except for the fact that I worked in the election office, so we had to work. But every other office in the courthouse was closed on election day.

My wife works for the federal govt. and she says every last one of them has to go in to work Tuesday....

sbkline

My wife works for the federal govt. and she says every last one of them has to go in to work Tuesday....

Apparently I stand corrected then. All state offices here in Illinois are closed for election day. I know we had the day off when I worked in the Dept of Revenue and my Mom had the day off when she worked for Public Aid. And the county courthouse is closed on election day as well. But apparently the Federal Government doesn't consider it a holiday worth closing offices for.

DivineMadness7

Exactly I cant see how ANYONE who is registered on this board would NOT want this magazine. I mean if you dont have the money thats one thing but I cant understand it beyond that.

I want to see the magazine, but I have never subscribed to a magazine without first seeing a copy. I subscribe to Mental Floss and Entertainment Weekly. Before I subscribed to both, I bought copies at the store. It's a lot of money to spend on something I haven't actually flipped through a copy of, at least for me.

I think they are making a mistake if they decide to not sell it at bookstores/newsstands. :shrug: What if they publish only 3 copies and fold? Will they be refunding money? Or will it be like when the actual Disney mag folded and people end up with 75 issues of Family Fun that they didn't want? Just because it's about WDW doesn't mean I won't ask questions that I would of any other magazine.

sbkline

They dont close the bars or liquor stores anymore either

Of course not...the people who support the losing candidate need to have somewhere to go drown their sorrows and those backing the winner need to be able to celebrate! :ROFLOL:

I have no problems being proven wrong on this one. I hate holidays as it is (except for the big ones) because of annoying things like not getting the mail. LOL Nothing like waiting for something to arrive in your mailbox only to have to have everything put on hold for a day. Especially in this case, if I don't have that magazine on Monday, I dreaded the thought of having to wait until Wednesday to potentially get it! :lol:

sbkline

I must say that I am very impressed with the lack of advertisements in this magazine. Page after page of solid content, and not just silly advertisements every couple of pages. Keep up the good work. I like what I see so far. :wave:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom