Movies...movies...movies

Number_6

Went to see "Pirate Radio" the other night with my wife. We loved it. Really funny, great cast (though some people were in it for too brief a time) and just an overall fun movie.

Lee

Adventurer
Saw 2012.
Effects were pretty good. Story....eh....ok.
Good movie to loose yourself in for a few hours, even if it puts your suspension of disbelief to the test a few times. (Lot of moments of :rolleyes: oh, please!)
Also....for a few minutes, I thought I was watching a Sony commercial. Every electronic device in the movie was a Sony. Very distracting.:lol:

EPCOT Explorer

Saw 2012.
Effects were pretty good. Story....eh....ok.
Good movie to loose yourself in for a few hours, even if it puts your suspension of disbelief to the test a few times. (Lot of moments of :rolleyes: oh, please!)
Also....for a few minutes, I thought I was watching a Sony commercial. Every electronic device in the movie was a Sony. Very distracting.:lol:
Felt like that in Terminator. The gadgets were cool, but I guess Skynet isn't the only corporation with a hold on Earth.:lol::lookaroun

EpcotServo

Watched The Brothers Bloom yesterday for the first time, HIGHLY recommend. Loved it. One of those movies that makes me mad cause I wish I would've written it, it's so good...
:lol:

Also the Cinematography, Directing, and acting were all top notch-Wish the studios would've given this one a better release instead of toying with the dates and giving it more of an "action spin" in the Advertising when it's a Character driven film.

Jasonflz

Bit of a thread bump here. :D

I managed to catch The Princess and the Frog today and imo this is the best animated Disney movie I have seen so far. I even liked it more than Aladdin.

-Great voice talent. Each actor brings a great feel to their character and does a great job.

-Amazing music. The songs are not only memorable, but manage to capture a New Orleans feel. The score itself is also nice.

-Best 2D animation in a while. The backgrounds and effects were beautiful. One sequence was even cleverly animated to have a 30's style flair.

-Good story, fun premise, interesting concepts. Nice twist on a classic story.

Overall, this really impressed me and is a much needed breath into a world that focuses too much on 3D animation and seriously needs to get back to it's old roots. I highly recommend it!

EPCOT Explorer

Bit of a thread bump here. :D

I managed to catch The Princess and the Frog today and imo this is the best animated Disney movie I have seen so far. I even liked it more than Aladdin.

-Great voice talent. Each actor brings a great feel to their character and does a great job.

-Amazing music. The songs are not only memorable, but manage to capture a New Orleans feel. The score itself is also nice.

-Best 2D animation in a while. The backgrounds and effects were beautiful. One sequence was even cleverly animated to have a 30's style flair.

-Good story, fun premise, interesting concepts. Nice twist on a classic story.

Overall, this really impressed me and is a much needed breath into a world that focuses too much on 3D animation and seriously needs to get back to it's old roots. I highly recommend it!
Can't wait to see it Monday....it looks amazing.

imagineer boy

Anyone see Avatar yet? Thought it was great, absolutly stunning VFX, just about photo-real.

The only thing I was disapointed with was that the trailer pretty much gave everything away.

Other than that, I really enjoyed it!

EpcotServo

I'll see it...Because I love seeing movies.

I expect to be disappointed however if the storytelling isn't a big step up from the very simple story portrayed in the trailers.

dxwwf3

For me, it's tied with King Kong as being the best movie of the decade. It's an instant classic in the same league as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, etc. None of those movies had the best storytelling in the world, but they are films that really are the total package. I agree with every word that the Totally Rad Show guys said about the film. If this movie doesn't succeed financially, we're screwed as movie fans.

EpcotServo

For me, it's tied with King Kong as being the best movie of the decade. It's an instant classic in the same league as Star Wars, Indiana Jones, Jurassic Park, etc. None of those movies had the best storytelling in the world, but they are films that really are the total package. I agree with every word that the Totally Rad Show guys said about the film. If this movie doesn't succeed financially, we're screwed as movie fans.

Well...For me, Great Storytelling is an important part of the Total Package.
:lol: :lookaroun

Anyways, I did love Peter Jackson's King Kong. Not the best of the decade by a long stretch for me, but I personally liked it.

dxwwf3

Well...For me, Great Storytelling is an important part of the Total Package.
:lol: :lookaroun

Well consider it like The Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean then :) Story is usually the most important thing to me too, but there are obviously situations where it isn't that important when everything else is so pitch perfect (just like those two attractions).

Jasonflz

Just saw Avatar. My #1 favorite film of the year.

-Beautiful/detailed/impressive/amazing visuals
-great score by James Horner
-original story

My only quip is the length.

SirGoofy

Avatar is the single greatest movie going experience I've ever had. It's more of an event than a film. I honestly feel like I just saw Star Wars in '77. The imagination, the artistry, and the pure love that was put into this movie exceeds anything I've ever seen in a theater.

THIS is the reason we go to the movies. If James Cameron truly set out to change movies, I sure hope he did, because I want to see more movies like this.

EpcotServo

So Avatar was good. Great. Not by any stretch of my imagination an AMAZING FILM, the story and writing were WAY too sparse for my tastes. That said, an EXCELLENT "Spectacle" film that reminds me of the movies in the 30's that were spared no expense and went out of their way to be grand, epic, and spectacular. Something you HAVE to see in Theaters because of an equally new and spectacular "Type" of movie, only this time it's 3-D instead of Cinerama and the like. Really well made. For me I'd say this is the first film that fully explores and proves the concept of three dimensional film making. You wanna' see how to do it right? Watch Avatar. However please work on your screenplay and story some more since Avatar has stretched the visuals part too it's limit.

That's the one thing-The actual meat of the film, ASIDE from the spectacular sights and sounds, is just too bare to make me want to see the movie NOT in glorious 3-D immersing you into the world.

JimboJones123

If you have not seen the 7 part Phantom Menace review on YouTube, do a search. It is spot on, but beware of the language. It is very heavy. Any Star Wars fan owes it to themselves to check it out.

Because of the language I will not post a link, but it is pretty easy to find.

EPCOTPluto

I am definitely planning to see Avatar tomorrow. Hope it turns out to be a great film...
Thought I should fix it thanks to its awesomeness. :king:

Everything about the film was imaginative, emotional and intense. The acting was fluid, the story influential and at $500 million, the effects were certainly above par. All in glorious 3D. :D I agree that the trailer pretty much gave the whole plot away and that the plot was simple, it reflects society of today well.

Oh, and on a somewhat unrelated topic, was there a long commercial for the US Military before Avatar began in your theater?

I found it ironic...

EPCOT Explorer

Saw Avatar tonight! WOW! I was not expecting ANYTHING out of this movie, thought it would be a all effects. I was very, very wrong. FANTASTIC storyline, acting, effects, everything. A mix of Pocahontas, Star Wars, WALL-E, Terminator, and the Vietnam War. Superb!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom