Movies...movies...movies

lisak09

FINALLY saw District 9 last night. It was a fairly weird movie but, to be honest, it was definitely not like anything else I have ever seen so far.
I thought this was an awful movie! Rented it because a colleague recommended it, last time i listen to him! Parts of it were fairly stomach turning too.

Jasonflz

I thought this was an awful movie! Rented it because a colleague recommended it, last time i listen to him! Parts of it were fairly stomach turning too.

I have to HIGHLY disagree. I though it was great.

(and those stomach turning parts were well done)

trr1

is anyone going to see The Last Airbender
based on the 2005 cartoon series
Avatar-The-Last-Airbender-Book-2-Earth-Volume-4.jpg

Lee

Adventurer
is anyone going to see The Last Airbender
based on the 2005 cartoon series
Yeah, I'll probably see it just because I dig Shyamalan.
I care nothing at all about the cartoon aspect. If anything that is what is keeping me a bit less than excited about his new film.

Saw Shutter Island last weekend. Good flick. Not at all what you think it will be. Need to read that book. (For sure not gonna read that Percy stuff....)
Today saw Cop Out, mostly to support Kevin Smith. Not bad, some funny bits. Reminded me a lot of the buddy cop films of my youth.

SirGoofy

Yeah, I'll probably see it just because I dig Shyamalan.
I care nothing at all about the cartoon aspect. If anything that is what is keeping me a bit less than excited about his new film.

See, I hate Shyamalan, but this doesn't seem like his normal movie, so I'm interested.

Saw Shutter Island last weekend. Good flick. Not at all what you think it will be.

I really, really disliked Shutter Island. It felt like one of Shyamalan's bad movies to me.:lol:

EpcotServo

Ughhhh...Please don't get me started on Avatar.

One of those classics of hey, "Hey! Let's make An Animes here in Uhhmerica!" and they fail to realize it isn't about the Animation Style. It's about Story, and quality, all of which Avatar lacks. It's one of the posers of the Animation world.

As for M. Night Shamalamalaman, Lady in the Water still stands as his BEST film. Which he sadly let down by following it with the downright horrid The Happening.

dxwwf3

As for M. Night Shamalamalaman, Lady in the Water still stands as his BEST film. Which he sadly let down by following it with the downright horrid The Happening.

I think The Village and Unbreakable are definitely his best two films, but I liked Lady in the Water a lot more than most did. The Happening and The Sixth Sense are the only two of his movies that I didn't love.

With that said, I have zero interest in the "other" Avatar. I'll probably see it eventually because of the director, but I have zero expectations.

SirGoofy

I think The Village and Unbreakable are definitely his best two films, but I liked Lady in the Water a lot more than most did. The Happening and The Sixth Sense are the only two of his movies that I didn't love.

With that said, I have zero interest in the "other" Avatar. I'll probably see it eventually because of the director, but I have zero expectations.

The Village!?

I thought that movie was by far one of his worst. I saw the "twist" coming about 10 minutes into the movie.:lol:

dxwwf3

The Village!?

I thought that movie was by far one of his worst. I saw the "twist" coming about 10 minutes into the movie.:lol:

That's because you were looking for it. And there are really two major twists in that movie.

The film holds up incredibly well on repeat viewings to me as well, so it in no way is a film that is completely dependent on its twists.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom