Movies...movies...movies

EPCOT Explorer

It's there. It is mostly a big black disk that shows up for a half a second.

Yes, the way their mouth stretched was freaky.

I don't know about lame, did you see the direction that last drill was pointed.:lol::lookaroun
Yes, and that was what made me giggle.:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

Mouth, nothing. It was the eyes, here.

Speaking of eyes, the "real" Dr. Tyler looked like a Alien herself, no?:lookaroun Pale, had big eyes, small mouth...:lookaroun

Never saw the disk, but I saw the owl/light/shape moving before that.

Jasonflz

Yes, and that was what made me giggle.:lookaroun:lol::lookaroun

Mouth, nothing. It was the eyes, here.

Speaking of eyes, the "real" Dr. Tyler looked like a Alien herself, no?:lookaroun Pale, had big eyes, small mouth...:lookaroun

Never saw the disk, but I saw the owl/light/shape moving before that.

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That's what I thought. That actress was scarier than the movie itself.

Funny, I don't remember an owl before the UFO scene. I'll try and find a clip of it.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:
That's what I thought. That actress was scarier than the movie itself.

Funny, I don't remember an owl before the UFO scene. I'll try and find a clip of it.
Seriously. She did play a VERY sympathetic character, though, ESPCIALLY after the end...and the "reveal".

Which makes it seem like a psychological issue, BTW. Why would a Alien probe us, and then render us useless for future experiments? Self Paralysis could have been self induced (mentally/subconsciously) much liker her Daughter's blindness....there's a connection there, see it?:D I think that's a MAJOR clue to the whole thing...there's no "real" aliens, save for the ones that a tested mind would see in a psychological discrepancy. At the boudaries of sanity, the human mind can do a LOT of weird things.

Oh, I LOVE Psych right now.:lol::cool:

EPCOTPluto

To "The Fourth Kind"...

I am hoping to see it this week. :sohappy:

Though how is "2012"? I read mixed reviews & it looks stupid.

^ :lol: Speaking of Alien abductions, watch this COOL special that aired in 1995. Alien Encounter fans will really like it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...&ei=kukJS-G4MKL6rALllpS2Dw&q=alien+encounters#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...q=alien+encounters#docid=-4836096762308380028
:eek::eek::eek:

I have been looking for that special for the longest time! Thank you! :sohappy:

(/Downloading it now... :D)

dxwwf3

^ :lol: Speaking of Alien abductions, watch this COOL special that aired in 1995. Alien Encounter fans will really like it.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...&ei=kukJS-G4MKL6rALllpS2Dw&q=alien+encounters#

http://video.google.com/videoplay?d...q=alien+encounters#docid=-4836096762308380028

Not the best thing Disney has ever done (although it did promote the best thing Disney has ever done ;) ), but that is a perfect example of how good Disney used to market its parks. Think of how original that special was. That era is gone and will sadly never return.

Jasonflz

To "The Fourth Kind"...

I am hoping to see it this week. :sohappy:

Though how is "2012"? I read mixed reviews & it looks stupid.

:eek::eek::eek:

I have been looking for that special for the longest time! Thank you! :sohappy:

(/Downloading it now... :D)

:D:lol: Thanks.

On 2012, see it only if you are willing to suspend your belief completely. If you don't like Roland Emmerich, skip entirely. I personally liked it alot, though.

Jasonflz

Not the best thing Disney has ever done (although it did promote the best thing Disney has ever done ;) ), but that is a perfect example of how good Disney used to market its parks. Think of how original that special was. That era is gone and will sadly never return.

:) Very true.

I also really enjoyed the fact that Alien Encounter was one of the only rides to have it's own action figure series.

dxwwf3

No way. Everest had THREE great hour long documentaries. The "Big New E-Ticket Documentaries and TV specials Era" comes and goes with the E-Tickets.

You're 100% correct about that. I was talking about the style and tone of the presentations, but yes they have done specials about specific attractions since and I'm glad you cleared that up.

EPCOTPluto

No way. Everest had THREE great hour long documentaries. The "Big New E-Ticket Documentaries and TV specials Era" comes and goes with the E-Tickets.
Speaking of which, (you may know), have they ever released the specials on DVD? Just something that popped up now.

Say what you will, the Man loves his Stretching Jaw.
No wonder...

mummy_99.jpg

:lookaroun

k.hunter30

We're going to see "The Fantastic Mr. Fox" this evening (free tickets, not sure I'd think it was worth $10 a person...). Has anyone seen it? Reviews?

EPCOTPluto

I am not sure, but it looks interesting, especially since it has been ages since they did a stop-motion animated film with a Roald Dahl story.

:D

EpcotServo

Speaking of which, (you may know), have they ever released the specials on DVD? Just something that popped up now.

I wish! Youtube has them if you search around.

Yeah-I want to see Fantastic Mr.Fox for three reasons:

A: George Clooney is the Best

B: Wes Anderson is great (Darjeeling Limited = The Best)

C: I love animation in all forms.

Speaking of which, last night I finally got to see the first of four theatrical reboots of one of the all time best Animated Series to ever hit the public consciousness: Neon Genesis Evangelion. Basically if say Mobile Suit Gundam is the Star Wars of Japan, then Evangelion is the Watchmen of Japan. (Only a billion times more popular than watchmen is in America, even with the movie.)

So the movie is Evangelion 1.01: You Are (Not) Alone, and I highly recommend it for A: Fans of the Series, B: People who know of or have seen parts of the orginals and want to get the whole picture, or C: Are very interested in taking the first step into a much larger animated world. Evangelion's always been a puzzler and aside from Great Characters, a Great Story, I think Eva is more popular than all get out is because it really makes you think. (And makes you think about the Bible and Classical Music...Not usual for any series of anything.) There's alot going on here, but for the most part, the best byproduct of separating what was a 30 episode series and a Movie, into Four Solid movies, is that the emotional core of each part of the story takes center stage, and should root the new changes coming later in the story in the emotional core that makes Evangelion so good and appeals to all people of a certain nature.

So anyone who really wants to open their mind to psychological and emotional storytelling should give Evangelion a shot, starting with this movie. The best part is that this movie recaptures the "wow" of the first part of the series, before it gets really introspective in the upcoming movies...I can't wait to see where they are going with it!

Anyways, Eva 1.01: You Are (Not) Alone, now on DVD! Go Buy/Rent it, seekers of entertainments!

Trailer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ggCe3CgGmc

Product Descriptions on Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Evangelion-1-...ef=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=dvd&qid=1259093628&sr=8-1

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom