Movies...movies...movies

Lee

Adventurer
Finally saw Basterds last night, nearly a year after reading the script.

The verdict: It reeks of awesome.

Things that seemed silly on the page were just amazing on the screen.
Well done Quentin....well done.

My current hope:
inglouriousbasterds_l200902191507.jpg
=
oscar.jpg

Now then...tomorrow night....Halloween 2.:cool:

Jasonflz

The "Big Fuss" over Quentin Tarantino is that he's a personal filmmaker. He makes the movies he wants to see, the stories he wants to tell, and the influences he grew up with and admired. Some of us kids growing up find absolutely no relation or interest into a British child entering a magic world of wizardry but find much greater resonance and soul in the story of a Blood-spattered bride taking an epic trail of revenge that she knows will only end in the only man's she's ever loved being killed. Some of us are very very strange, so please induldge us crazy people as we listen and tell the stories we find important.

Anyways, back to enjoyment: I present my two favorite Inglorious Basterds posters!

picture.php

(This one's just perfect, and suitably epic.)

picture.php

:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy::sohappy: The 1st has a sort of Grindhouse look to it. The 2nd reminds me of Indiana Jones. Shame they didn't use these.

Jasonflz

Just got back from Inglorious Basterds and I must say, one of the best films this summer. Very well directed with top notch acting. Amazing film, to say the least.

EPCOT Explorer

Saw "The Fourth Kind" tonight....has anyone else seen it?

It wasn't *too* scary, but the whole Alien/God/Evil thing got to me more psychologically than it did in shock value.:lol:

Anyone else?:lookaroun

Jasonflz

Saw "The Fourth Kind" tonight....has anyone else seen it?

It wasn't *too* scary, but the whole Alien/God/Evil thing got to me more psychologically than it did in shock value.:lol:

Anyone else?:lookaroun

:D Me and my friends did a double feature of it and 2012. To be truthful, that movie creeped me out. Especially the bed scene. :lookaroun (you know what I mean)

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, it definitely was creepy to say the least. Alot of the footage itself was pretty disturbing, even when it is clear that it's not real.
Well, some of it is "supposed" to be, but I have my doubts.

But levitation? The voice? Honestly....If the human mind is pushed to the furthest limits of it's capacity, and of it's psyche, these phenomena are possible.

Leads me to beleive that there are not Aliens, and this whole thing was a Psychological coincidence.

Jasonflz

Well, some of it is "supposed" to be, but I have my doubts.

But levitation? The voice? Honestly....If the human mind is pushed to the furthest limits of it's capacity, and of it's psyche, these phenomena are possible.

Leads me to beleive that there are not Aliens, and this whole thing was a Psychological coincidence.

Either way, it would have been leaked a long time ago if it was "real". Besides, sleep paralysis can be attributed to "alien abduction."

Lee

Adventurer
The studio has admitted that all the footage was staged. There were not odd disappearances in Nome, no aliens causing a fuss. All part of the marketing campaign.

Creepy movie though....
I was really hoping to see what was coming through her door....what the owl really was. (A gray alien, of course. Like in Communion.)

EPCOT Explorer

The studio has admitted that all the footage was staged. There were not odd disappearances in Nome, no aliens causing a fuss. All part of the marketing campaign.

Creepy movie though....
I was really hoping to see what was coming through her door....what the owl really was. (A gray alien, of course. Like in Communion.)
Oh, really? :lol: Great! I've been looking for stuff all morning!

VERY creepy. I doubt that it was a Alien, though. Since they WERE playing up the Psychology Vein, it's very possible that all these people had the same phenomena/ illness occurring to them....and it was all an...illusion... :lookaroun:lol:

Seriously, though....I like owls. I was laughing at that whole thing.:lookaroun

Jasonflz

VERY creepy. I doubt that it was a Alien, though. Since they WERE playing up the Psychology Vein, it's very possible that all these people had the same phenomena/ illness occurring to them....and it was all an...illusion... :lookaroun:lol:

I don't know, the UFO scene could disprove that.

And funnily enough, my Biology textbook has an owl on the cover.:lookaroun

Lee

Adventurer
The owls are the clue that it was aliens. It's a common thing with abduction memories, that victims report seeing an owl or deer in their room or at their window. Supposedly that is how the brain decodes and deals with what it's seeing.:shrug:

"The owls are not what they seem." - The tall guy from Twin Peaks:cool:

EPCOT Explorer

I don't know, the UFO scene could disprove that.

And funnily enough, my Biology textbook has an owl on the cover.:lookaroun
I could not for the life of me see what was going on there. I saw the Owl/Light/thing and then that was it.
The owls are the clue that it was aliens. It's a common thing with abduction memories, that victims report seeing an owl or deer in their room or at their window. Supposedly that is how the brain decodes and deals with what it's seeing.:shrug:

"The owls are not what they seem." - The tall guy from Twin Peaks:cool:
Right...I guess the similarity of the facial features? :rolleyes::lol:

That never really got to me, though....The only thing that really bugged me was the Sumerian voice saying "I...am....God...". :lol: that gave me a chill, along with the rest of the voices and the tapes. Levitation...fun.:lol:

Jasonflz

I could not for the life of me see what was going on there. I saw the Owl/Light/thing and then that was it.

Right...I guess the similarity of the facial features? :rolleyes::lol:

That never really got to me, though....The only thing that really bugged me was the Sumerian voice saying "I...am....God...". :lol: that gave me a chill, along with the rest of the voices and the tapes. Levitation...fun.:lol:

If you saw the top of the screen when the police officer was outside you could see the UFO. I jumped when it popped out.

Levitation=Fun
Paralization=not so much

EPCOT Explorer

If you saw the top of the screen when the police officer was outside you could see the UFO. I jumped when it popped out.

Levitation=Fun
Paralization=not so much
I could never see it.:shrug:

No, Levitation freaked me the _ out.:dazzle: I jumped....wasn't expecting that. Nor was I expecting the expression on his face. And her face.:dazzle:
Another thing that disturbed me was the "probing" scene.
That was lame!:ROFLOL: Steryotipical "z0mG Aleinz r hurting me!" type deal.:rolleyes:

Jasonflz

I could never see it.:shrug:

No, Levitation freaked me the _ out.:dazzle: I jumped....wasn't expecting that. Nor was I expecting the expression on his face. And her face.:dazzle:

That was lame!:ROFLOL: Steryotipical "z0mG Aleinz r hurting me!" type deal.:rolleyes:

It's there. It is mostly a big black disk that shows up for a half a second.

Yes, the way their mouth stretched was freaky.

I don't know about lame, did you see the direction that last drill was pointed.:lol::lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom