Movies...movies...movies

EpcotServo

No offense but I have seen Spirited Away and didn't care for it. The animation was beautiful but the whole story was far too trippy for me too stand. I do understand what you are getting at with the whole anime description but of most of the anime that I have seen (Naruto, One Piece, Kiki's Delivery Service, etc.) I never cared for it.

:brick:

Oh, and never ever watch One Piece or Naruto. They are only representative of really bad shows, and nothing else.

EpcotServo

Very true but I still will admit that I don't care for anime. The style is not extremely impressive to me. :shrug:

Well you shouldn't look to anything for Style first. It's the stories and substance that makes tons of amazing Anime series (Especially in the late 90's and early 00's) out there so good, and so miles above the American television scene today with it's lackluster stories and thrown together plots but are so popular because they feature good looking people who can't act.

But anyways, Let's get back on topic. Nothing will ever change until all of you wake up one day and decide to try something new, or heaven forbid trust me on anything. Until then I continue to live in the wrong country.

:lol:

Jasonflz

Well you shouldn't look to anything for Style first. It's the stories and substance that makes tons of amazing Anime series (Especially in the late 90's and early 00's) out there so good, and so miles above the American television scene today with it's lackluster stories and thrown together plots but are so popular because they feature good looking people who can't act.

But anyways, Let's get back on topic. Nothing will ever change until all of you wake up one day and decide to try something new, or heaven forbid trust me on anything. Until then I continue to live in the wrong country.

:lookaroun Are you japanese?

dxwwf3

Inglorious Basterds = FANTASTIC

I'll second that. Right up there with Bruno and Watchmen as the best movies of the year.

I was shocked by how funny it was. There were times where you couldn't hear dialogue because of the laughter in the theater.

EpcotServo

Well...you just must see all anime films and a blockbuster film multiple times huh moneybags!

"Slightly more complicated than that"
-Ocean's 11

Anyways, second viewing was great. Never had no reservations of seeing the same film in the same theater in 24 hours since this one. Just great.
:sohappy:

dandaman

First thing I said after watching Basterds:

"I don't know what the hell I just saw, but it was f*****g awesome." :dazzle:

(First Tarantino film, for the record.)

dxwwf3

First thing I said after watching Basterds:

"I don't know what the hell I just saw, but it was f*****g awesome." :dazzle:

(First Tarantino film, for the record.)

Oh wow! What a way to start out. If you liked this, you need to see Kill Bill and Pulp Fiction ASAP. Jackie Brown is the ONLY one of his films that I feel is not a 5 star film.

dandaman

I went with my new 15ish-person college group. All the girls didn't like it, and all the guys were shellshocked with awesome until we got in the car and couldn't stop talking about it. :lol:

imagineer boy

Saw Basterds yesterday. Very good movie! I was probably just a wee disapointed mainly because I thought it was too long and some of the scenes were drawn out too long. But other than that, the acting, dialogue, music, bare feet, and surprising lack of Brad Pitt made it great. Especially the main villain, what a performance! Defintaly deserves an oscar.

dandaman

Uhhh... yeah.

So... I just came back from seeing District 9.

I kid you not, it took me a full minute to close my jaw and remove myself from the seat.

Everyone left the theatre in silence. Pure, awestruck silence.

I feel so shellshocked at how beautiful that film was. Just... wow.

I almost hate to say it, but it bumps UP to #2 for 2009 films, and is now definitely one of my Top 10.

dxwwf3

I thought D9 was really good, but I think it's probably the 5th or 6th best movie of the summer. One problem I had was the dailogue. It felt like there were times where they didn't know what to write, so they just had the main character say the F-word a few times. It felt very lazy dialogue wise. QT movies usually have a lot of language like that, but you can tell it was written on a whole other level.

SirGoofy

QT movies usually have a lot of language like that, but you can tell it was written on a whole other level.

I find Tarantino to be extremely overrated.

There I said it. Other than Pulp Fiction, I find his work to be very mediocre (Kill Bill 1&2) to down right bad (Jackie Brown, Death Proof). I know I'll get executed for saying it, but I really don't see what the big fuss is about him.:shrug:

EpcotServo

The "Big Fuss" over Quentin Tarantino is that he's a personal filmmaker. He makes the movies he wants to see, the stories he wants to tell, and the influences he grew up with and admired. Some of us kids growing up find absolutely no relation or interest into a British child entering a magic world of wizardry but find much greater resonance and soul in the story of a Blood-spattered bride taking an epic trail of revenge that she knows will only end in the only man's she's ever loved being killed. Some of us are very very strange, so please induldge us crazy people as we listen and tell the stories we find important.

Anyways, back to enjoyment: I present my two favorite Inglorious Basterds posters!

picture.php

(This one's just perfect, and suitably epic.)

picture.php

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom