Movies...movies...movies

Lee

Adventurer
Let it be known that yesterday was the 25th Anniversary of one the most awesome movies ever...Buckaroo Banzai!
Yes!:sohappy:
To this day, when I see a lizard outside the house, I refer to it as "Dr. Emilio Lizardo".
LOVE me some Buckaroo. I wish it had worked well enough to become a series.

Seeing The Goods tonight. District 9 later in the week.
Re-reading the Basterds script before seeing it this weekend. (Good script...but QT really needs to learn how to spell and use punctuation.)

Number_6

(Good script...but QT really needs to learn how to spell and use punctuation.)

039_20759.jpg

"My little Golden friend that lives on my mantle you know Oscar thinks my speling and punktuasion are just fyne"

sillyspook13

Tagged along for another District 9 showing, still great.

ANYWAYS, whole Family came out to see Ponyo last night...absolutely WONDERFUL. Every Studio Ghibli film is just a miraculous treat for the mind and soul. Just every shot, line of dialogue, and emotion they convey with their animation and the soul they put into these tales is just moves me, and you all know how bitter and curmudgeonly I am.
:lol:

While Spirited Away remains the best of their films (And the best Motion Picture ever created in my opinion) Ponyo is still an amazing delight and makes me feel just as captivated as I was when I first saw classics like "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Porco Rosso"...

As I recall, our own Lee once said something along the lines of "Anyone who doesn't get Adventurer's Club is a lower life form, whom I don't socialize with."

Same for me, and anyone who doesn't get or appreciate the amazing films made by Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli!

:lol: :D :sohappy:

"Life is magical...and unexpected."
-Lisa, Ponyo On the Cliff by the Sea

Ditto pretty much everything you said about Ponyo! I agee that, while Spirited Away is pretty much one of the best films ever, Ponyo is a perfect example of everything that's great about Miyazaki's films. The end credits were cool too.:D

Lee

Adventurer
Hey, spell check isn't that good on Final Draft.
:lol:
True...but I still consider FD to be one of the great inventions of the century.

But QT....just wow.
Here's a quote from the script as an example:
LT. HICOX
If you offered me a scotch and plane
water, I could drink a scotch and
plain water.

:eek:

imagineer boy

So it's technically not a movie, but I'm currently watching HBO's John Adams, and it is very good.

Oh yes! Definately ranks up there with Band of Brothers as one of HBO's best miniseries.

Disney must've liked it too because they used David Morse as the voice of Washington in HoP. :lol:

Jasonflz

I will probably skip Ponyo. Admittedly, I am one of the only teens at my school who doesn't care for Anime. I get worn out from watching it.

imagineer boy

Anyone see the trailer for James Cameron's Avatar? Looks really cool so far. Very impressive CGI and imagery.

I will probably skip Ponyo. Admittedly, I am one of the only teens at my school who doesn't care for Anime. I get worn out from watching it.

I agree, I don't doubt Ponyo is a great movie but I'm not an anime fan at all. I know what you mean, it wears me out too. :lol:

EpcotServo

I agree, I don't doubt Ponyo is a great movie but I'm not an anime fan at all. I know what you mean, it wears me out too. :lol:

What's that?

The sound of all the shows you've never watched nor given a chance?

If you listen close, you can hear it too!

Sigh...terribly idiotic so called "Anime fans" giving everything a bad name. As always, I am in despair...

Anyways, watch Spirited Away.

The person who doesn't seek out and love Spirited Away should be revoked from ever attending a motion picture.

I just hate the term "Anime" being used as slang to slander and deface thousands of animated classics, and even some of the best movies ever created.

Not everything is Dragonball Z just because it's animated and made in Japan.

dxwwf3

The person who doesn't seek out and love Spirited Away should be revoked from ever attending a motion picture.

I'm glad there is no such rule :lol:

Absolutely positively ZERO interest in seeing any of those movies. The segment in Kill Bill is the only type of anime I have any interest in watching.

EpcotServo

I'm glad there is no such rule :lol:

Absolutely positively ZERO interest in seeing any of those movies. The segment in Kill Bill is the only type of anime I have any interest in watching.

Don't worry, I've already lost faith in humanity, I guess I can't get any more depressed...

dxwwf3

Don't worry, I've already lost faith in humanity, I guess I can't get any more depressed...

After seeing the type of movies this summer (The Proposal and The Ugly Truth) actually make more than Bruno and Funny People, I've lost all faith as well. Bruno is without a doubt the funniest movie of the year and most people just missed out.

dxwwf3

True indeed. At least District 9 and Ponyo did well.

I think I'm going to see D9 on Saturday along with Inglorious. After watching King Kong, I'll see anything Peter Jackson is associated with. Unfortunately that means I'll have to sit through Return of the King sometime in the future (I'm sorry, but the first two LotR movies were extremely hard for me to watch).

imagineer boy

I think I'm going to see D9 on Saturday along with Inglorious. After watching King Kong, I'll see anything Peter Jackson is associated with. Unfortunately that means I'll have to sit through Return of the King sometime in the future (I'm sorry, but the first two LotR movies were extremely hard for me to watch).

You sure you weren't watching the extended cuts? That would definately be hard on a first timer. Do get to watching ROTK though, the battle of pelenor fields is THE most jaw-dopping battle ever put on film.

Anyways, I agree with you. After District 9, I'm convinced Peter Jackson is an absolute cinematic genious. The Tarantino of big-budget movies if I may be so bold.

After seeing the type of movies this summer (The Proposal and The Ugly Truth) actually make more than Bruno and Funny People, I've lost all faith as well. Bruno is without a doubt the funniest movie of the year and most people just missed out.

I lost faith in humanity after Transformers 2 became the tenth highest grossing movie of all time. :brick:

dxwwf3

You sure you weren't watching the extended cuts? That would definately be hard on a first timer. Do get to watching ROTK though, the battle of pelenor fields is THE most jaw-dopping battle ever put on film.

No, theatrical cuts. If I had to watch the extended cut for Fellowship, I might have ended my life. :lol: Seriously, I don't think they are horrible, or even bad, movies, but I can't think of too many times I have ever been as bored as I was during the first two of them. It's one of those things where I can tell something is well made, but it just isn't for me :shrug:

SeaBreeze

Original Poster
After watching King Kong, I'll see anything Peter Jackson is associated with. Unfortunately that means I'll have to sit through Return of the King sometime in the future (I'm sorry, but the first two LotR movies were extremely hard for me to watch).

So you're going to see The Lovely Bones too? At least it won't be as long as LOTR :lol:

Note: I like Peter Jackson's work as well and will be seeing The Lovely Bones

Jasonflz

Anyone see the trailer for James Cameron's Avatar? Looks really cool so far. Very impressive CGI and imagery.

:sohappy: It sure does. I am a little iffy of the whole motion capture but it still does look amazing.

What's that?

The sound of all the shows you've never watched nor given a chance?

If you listen close, you can hear it too!

Sigh...terribly idiotic so called "Anime fans" giving everything a bad name. As always, I am in despair...

Anyways, watch Spirited Away.

I just hate the term "Anime" being used as slang to slander and deface thousands of animated classics, and even some of the best movies ever created.

Not everything is Dragonball Z just because it's animated and made in Japan.

No offense but I have seen Spirited Away and didn't care for it. The animation was beautiful but the whole story was far too trippy for me too stand. I do understand what you are getting at with the whole anime description but of most of the anime that I have seen (Naruto, One Piece, Kiki's Delivery Service, etc.) I never cared for it.

On that note, has anyone seen the trailer for "Wolfman"? It looks like a real werewolf movie.

Jasonflz

:D Will you see "Dead Alive."

Literally the goriest film ever made. Peter Jackson can really pull off horror.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom