Movies...movies...movies

Jasonflz

What did you call it? A Alternate Universe WWII? :lol:

I am...I'll be a bit miffed, but I'm sure I'll get over it with all the awesomeness.:lol:

:lol: It'll probably be the next "Pulp Fiction". Quentin Tarantino is a great director.

I also loved his cameo in Planet Terror.:hurl:

EpcotServo

Speaking of Tarantino, great news involving The Whole Bloody Affair...It looks like Production I.G is finishing up the complete Orgin of O-Ren story, and he'll be working on finishing it after the press hoopla for Inglorious Basterds!

http://www.slashfilm.com/2009/08/10...ew-anime-sequence-at-last-completed-and-more/

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2009-08-10/tarantino-details-production-i.g-new-kill-bill-anime

Can't wait. I knew that there had to be alot more to the O-Ren story we didn't get to see.
:sohappy:

Also while his films are being discussed in this thread, allow me to post The Electric Method's Tarantino Mix Tape, a fantastic remix of the memorable songs from his soundtracks thrown together and mixed up with great dialouge and scenes from the movies. It's great!

[WARNING: Language, and possible spoilers for all the movies]

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uEIPCOwY4DE

:cool:

EpcotServo

Don't hold your breath.:lol:

Oh, don't worry about that. The fact that most Americans haven't seen Studio Ghibli films is the one of the first things on the top of my "pick me up" list to read when we know the world's going to end.
:lol: :dazzle: :brick:

Lee

Adventurer
Seen two movies this week so far:
The Orphan: Much better than expected. I was expecting a typical "creepy kid" movie, but it turned out to be much more. Great twist.

Perfect Getaway: Pretty good, too. Very clever script with several nice twists and red herrings. (kinda jealous)

Tommye1078

Rented two movies on tuesday

"I Love You Man"
"12 Again"

I thought both were good. "I love You Man" had my wife and I laughing out loud a couple of times. I might be a little biased though, ever since Paul Rudd was in "Wet Hot American Summer" I've really rooted for him to become a leading man. As far as "17 Again" is concerned, I thought Zach Efron was great, he really seem like a likable person. His style reminds me a little of Will Smith. You don't know why you like him you just think he's a good dude.

EpcotServo

Just got back from District 9. FANTASTIC. Seriously great. Had me hooked and unlike many films, really took my emotions and mind for a serious Roller Coaster ride.

I can see Halo would have been amazing, but honestly it doesn't get any better than this. This guy is a MASTERFUL Director, and I am ready to get onboard any project he chooses to do!
:D

Tomorrow is Ponyo on the Cliff by the Sea!

This weekend is officially movie paradise for Servo!
:sohappy:

(Save for G.I. Joe and Time Traveler's Wife, and just about everything else in the Theater except for Funny People...Aside from these three, just...no. No thank you. :lol:)

EpcotServo

Tagged along for another District 9 showing, still great.

ANYWAYS, whole Family came out to see Ponyo last night...absolutely WONDERFUL. Every Studio Ghibli film is just a miraculous treat for the mind and soul. Just every shot, line of dialogue, and emotion they convey with their animation and the soul they put into these tales is just moves me, and you all know how bitter and curmudgeonly I am.
:lol:

While Spirited Away remains the best of their films (And the best Motion Picture ever created in my opinion) Ponyo is still an amazing delight and makes me feel just as captivated as I was when I first saw classics like "My Neighbor Totoro" and "Porco Rosso"...

As I recall, our own Lee once said something along the lines of "Anyone who doesn't get Adventurer's Club is a lower life form, whom I don't socialize with."

Same for me, and anyone who doesn't get or appreciate the amazing films made by Hayao Miyazaki and Studio Ghibli!

:lol: :D :sohappy:

"Life is magical...and unexpected."
-Lisa, Ponyo On the Cliff by the Sea

dandaman

^I really should start watching these Miyazaki films I hear so much about. Normally I'm a bit of an anti-anime snob when it comes to my 2-D preferences, but with now two people I know who are HUGELY into the genre and adore Miyazaki (three with the above!), there should be some sorta movie rental night in order. :eek:

Also, saw The Goods today at a great hotel-turned-theater in Melbourne. I laughed my a$$ off. Ferrell cameo as fake-Lincoln was hilarious. :lol:

EpcotServo

Let it be known that yesterday was the 25th Anniversary of one the most awesome movies ever...Buckaroo Banzai!

picture.php

"No matter where you go, there you are."

Number_6

Let it be known that yesterday was the 25th Anniversary of one the most awesome movies ever...Buckaroo Banzai!

picture.php

"No matter where you go, there you are."

One of my favorite movies ever! I wish my friend would actually get around to watching it so he can get my copy back to me. It's only been... 8 months? 10? I dunno.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom