Movies...movies...movies

Lee

Adventurer
:lol: I wonder what the rating will be. Shame that they don't get "Don't" and "Werewolf Women of the SS" made.
I actually asked RZ about that.
He said "Find me a studio that will a) pay for it, and b) release the version I give them."
Odds of either: 0
:lol:

Jasonflz

I actually asked RZ about that.
He said "Find me a studio that will a) pay for it, and b) release the version I give them."
Odds of either: 0

:lol: Can't blame him. It would be fun to get another Grindhouse type film (aside from Machete) released. Maybe even open a theater just for it.

EpcotServo

I love Grindhouse...got the posters, Figures, Shirt, and wallet to prove it...

What's worse is do you know which country got the ONLY DVD set with the complete, with trailers, theatrical Grindhouse Cut, as well as the individual movies, two bonus discs, and collector packaging?

Japan of course.

:cry:

Jasonflz

^ That sucks. In the meantime, I have the book talking about how they made the film and I have to say,

it rocks! I definitely recommend anyone picking it up if they love Grindhouse and want to learn a bit about how the films, trailers, effects, etc. came to be.

EPCOT Explorer

I love Grindhouse...got the posters, Figures, Shirt, and wallet to prove it...

What's worse is do you know which country got the ONLY DVD set with the complete, with trailers, theatrical Grindhouse Cut, as well as the individual movies, two bonus discs, and collector packaging?

Japan of course.

:cry:

Do they have a monopoly on AWESOME!?:brick::ROFLOL:

EpcotServo

^ That sucks. In the meantime, I have the book talking about how they made the film and I have to say,

it rocks! I definitely recommend anyone picking it up if they love Grindhouse and want to learn a bit about how the films, trailers, effects, etc. came to be.

Oh really? You don't saHAVE IT.

:lookaroun

It really is a darn shame Grindhouse flopped. But then again it was pretty stupid of them to release it on Easter of all times....

"We actually made the date...It was a horrible date, but at least we made it."
-
Quentin Tarantino

Jasonflz

I managed to catch Public Enemies with my parents last night and I must say, I am impressed. The cinematography was great and the acting was very well done. The only major complaint I had was that parts of the film seemed to drag on and felt slow. Overall, I would give the film an A-.

EPCOT Explorer

I managed to catch Public Enemies with my parents last night and I must say, I am impressed. The cinematography was great and the acting was very well done. The only major complaint I had was that parts of the film seemed to drag on and felt slow. Overall, I would give the film an A-.

LOVED that film.:D I agree, but only a few parts dragged. I was also bothered a bit by the handheld look to some of the parts. That drives me nuts.

Jasonflz

LOVED that film.:D I agree, but only a few parts dragged. I was also bothered a bit by the handheld look to some of the parts. That drives me nuts.

:lol: I actually liked the look but I do agree, it wasn't really necessary in some parts. I also like how the guns sonded and felt like real gun. Very loud.

EPCOT Explorer

:lol: I actually liked the look but I do agree, it wasn't really necessary in some parts. I also like how the guns sonded and felt like real gun. Very loud.
Yes, and it was VERY historically accurate!:sohappy::sohappy:

All those little interludes with Hoover and Pervis actually happened.:D Just get out any History book. There they are.:D I had goosebumps.

Jasonflz

Yes, and it was VERY historically accurate!:sohappy::sohappy:

All those little interludes with Hoover and Pervis actually happened.:D Just get out any History book. There they are.:D I had goosebumps.

:D :lol: Finally, a hollywood film that is accurate. I like it better this way.

I wonder if Inglorious Basterds will be as accurate.:rolleyes:

Lee

Adventurer
I wonder if Inglorious Basterds will be as accurate.:rolleyes:
As I said in an earlier post:
The draft of IB I have is very inaccurate (and rather poorly written).
I really don't recall all the Nazi brass (in the script, even Hitler) attending a propaganda film premiere in Paris during the war.:lookaroun
However, that should not prevent the film from being quite awesome.

Jasonflz

I really don't recall all the Nazi brass (in the script, even Hitler) attending a propaganda film premiere in Paris during the war.:lookaroun

:D I'm not a history buff so this easily won't bother me.

EPCOT Explorer

What did you call it? A Alternate Universe WWII? :lol:
:D I'm not a history buff so this easily won't bother me.
I am...I'll be a bit miffed, but I'm sure I'll get over it with all the awesomeness.:lol:

Number_6

Well, I'm sure there wasn't a small unit that was able to sneak behind enemy lines, break into a bank, steal all the Nazi gold there and then run off to Switzerland to wait out the war, either. But Kelly's Heroes is still a great movie, IMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom