Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Why not just link to the page? Boost Jims readership & get the info across?

There are some interesting thoughts in the text arn`t there....?

Vernonpush

Well if this turns out to be true, I will be pleased. I'm happy with another roller coaster in WDW, and I'm happy with the level of detail supposedly going into this attraction.

One concern: with the upcoming retheme of the "Movie Set Adventure," I hope that WDI changes the location of the entrance to actually be on Pixar Place. I WILL be upset if they start trying to shoehorm Pixar attractions into the Streets of America. Move the entrance to actually be on Pixar Place, and I will be happy with that refurbishment as well.

Taking old, tired, or empty spaces and making them into new things is a good move--Pixar or not. Hopefully some other important spots in the park see some important non-Pixar makeovers soon. For now, I'm okay with the Pixar additions.

On a related note: Since this new Monsters, Inc. attraction is supposedly set to follow almost the exact same storyline as the infamous Laugh Floor, might we see a premature end to that attraction? I realize it is in a different park, but the new attractions risks being rather redundant. Perhaps Mike Wazaowski will have moved onto bigger nd better open houses by the time this coaster opens and we can see another new attraction in Tomorrowland.

Something else I thought was interesting: the queue for this attraction is supposed to loop around, if not begin, on the backside of the building. Goodbye Backlot Tour, hello greatly exapanded Pixar Place. Maybe this area is where they'll eventually be putting in that mock-up of Gusteau's, too.

Exciting stuff, if it's all true.

backlottour.jpg

Backlot tour
yellow=pre-show (water tank)
light green= prop shop / tram boarding
red= tram path
orange= costume shop
purple= scene shop
blue= tram unload / AFI Showcase Shop

Dark green= sound stage 1 (Monsters' Inc Ride?)
pink= I don't know:lol:

It looks like they will have alot of room back there. Especially if they use the parking lot past the costume / scene shops.

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
one more point, i like the idea of the laughter/scream canister in the queue line, but it might get a little annoying:
-"Hey Mom, i love this queue *AH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!* line. I mean, it has all the Monster *LOUD AND ANNOYING LAUGH* Inc. characters." :hammer:

I echo this sentiment as well. Although it's a really cute interactive idea, I don't know how long I'd be able to stand in the queue if kids are screaming/loudly laughing every few seconds from different points in the queue.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I echo this sentiment as well. Although it's a really cute interactive idea, I don't know how long I'd be able to stand in the queue if kids are screaming/loudly laughing every few seconds from different points in the queue.

I am with you on that one. I will probably be one of the few times I am somewhat grateful for my partial hearing loss...dull the sounds of screaming children a little bit. :lol:

*remembers to leave hearing aids at home that day*

PigletIsMyCat

Um, canisters that you scream/laugh into and it measures the energy created by it? In theory, I guess it's a cute idea. In reality, I wouldn't touch those funnels or canisters with my worst enemy's hand. Can you imaging?!? Potentially thousands of people breathing on it everyday? Ew. Incredibly gross.

Philo

I'm in danger of sounding like a Pixar hater (which I'm not) but I would rather see a different theme on this one. We already have a Monsters Inc attraction....which is set post-film...which has an open house. Ok, they are two very different types of attractions but still, a coaster based on another film would be nice.

Disneyfan1981

I wanted the Crush Coaster to head over here from WDS in Disneyland Paris but after getting a Nemo ride in The Seas and a Nemo show over in DAK I could see how people are Nemo'd out. I'd love for Wall-E or The Incredibles to get some love if they are using Pixar characters, you could easily incorporate those themes into coasters but at this point I'd love to see solid confirmation that this is even happening.

Fantasmic

This sounds awsome, I have said, ever since I first saw monsters inc, that a suspend coaster based on the doors would be amazing!

Mstr Gra-c

Honestly I dont see how all of that could fit in soundstage one...If the ride takes you through different areas and there are explosions and AA it seems as if you would need MUCH more room than that and the argument that a coaster can loop in and through itself does not work in my opinion because you are then limited to that one room...unless ofcourse the entire ride takes place in the door hangar...which (if they stick to the movie) would be MUCH, MUCH larger than soundstage one. Hopefully they are doing a complete demo of the backlot tour and creating a structure(s) that would house a ride that would do Monsters inc justice.

kingslyZISSOU

Honestly I dont see how all of that could fit in soundstage one...If the ride takes you through different areas and there are explosions and AA it seems as if you would need MUCH more room than that and the argument that a coaster can loop in and through itself does not work in my opinion because you are then limited to that one room...unless ofcourse the entire ride takes place in the door hangar...which (if they stick to the movie) would be MUCH, MUCH larger than soundstage one. Hopefully they are doing a complete demo of the backlot tour and creating a structure(s) that would house a ride that would do Monsters inc justice.

room for the que, and stations, maybe. I have a feeling the ride section will be in addition built onto the sound stage.

And structurally, I don't think you can just set up a coaster track in a pre-made building.

Chernabog

I know i make Jim Hill look like a credible source by saying this...but I will go out and confirm all of this.

WDI made a mistake a few weeks back and posted a video on their part of the company site showing in detail the concept drawings, ride mock-up, scale model, etc.
The video was on the site for about an hour before it was removed. Whether the attraction will be built by summer 2011, as stated in the video, or if it will get cut I'm not sure. But WDI has fairly detailed plans for this overhead suspended roller coaster.
Looks really nice and Studios needs the love

Rayray

And structurally, I don't think you can just set up a coaster track in a pre-made building.

I don't see any problems in putting coaster track in a preexisting building... as long as some type of entrance can be made for construction materials and footings can be placed into a well-defined slab foundation (I assume that this building has a substantial foundation, since Disney seems to build well past building codes... however, I could be sorely mistaken).

Mstr Gra-c

room for the que, and stations, maybe. I have a feeling the ride section will be in addition built onto the sound stage.

That may be true and in support of my case... the point is, how great can a coaster with SO MUCH supposed theming be if it is crammed into an already set structure space. You would think that in order to make the ride really great they would want to design what the ride IS and then design a structure to hold it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom