Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

djlaosc

The whole "-Ticket" thing really bothers me. Why not count the duration of rides? It's now pretty easy to find out how long attractions are in minutes and seconds. One could tally up the number of minutes of "experiences" at each park. This would be more meaningful than the ticket designations or the number of attractions.

If you're counting "ride time" - how do you count an attraction like "Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station" - there's no "time" on that - if Magic Kingdom is open 9am-10pm, then the "ride time" on CJSNSS is "13 hours", as you could spend the whole day there.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member
I guess you could spend a full day in FutureWorld but I don't think I could ride every ride 6 times each to fill out the day.

Ride every ride 6 times? I just stand in the Soarin' queue all day. When I get to the front, I ask to skip the pretend flying movie thing and re-queue. Then, right before closing, I ride The Donald Duck Ride That Replaced El Rio Del Tiempo (TDDRTRERDT) 21 times in a row.

spacemt354

Chili's
You know I didn't even realize the topic of this thread was the Monsters inc ride rumor.

I have to say this discussion over the last few pages has been more interesting and informative than trying to decipher TDO's motive for stalling the addition of a seemingly high quality ride to a park that is in desperate need of rides.

Californian Elitist

You know I didn't even realize the topic of this thread was the Monsters inc ride rumor.

I have to say this discussion over the last few pages has been more interesting and informative than trying to decipher TDO's motive for stalling the addition of a seemingly high quality ride to a park that is in desperate need of rides.

What's even more funny is the rumor for the attraction is now for DCA, which is why this thread was resurrected. Apparently TDA wants to build Monstropolis in DCA, with the coaster to go with it.

BrightImagine

If you're counting "ride time" - how do you count an attraction like "Casey Jr. Splash 'N' Soak Station" - there's no "time" on that - if Magic Kingdom is open 9am-10pm, then the "ride time" on CJSNSS is "13 hours", as you could spend the whole day there.

Point taken - you also cannot put a duration on things like the walkthroughs at Animal Kingdom. But if the ticket system still existed, I would hope they wouldn't ask for a ticket to go to the Splash 'n' Soak Station.

Maybe it needs to be (duration + track height) * known budget / (number of animatronics + number of castmembers)

Only kidding... sort of.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom