Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Lee

Adventurer
EDIT: Nevermind, it was just a mock-up the site had done. My bad.

Ahhh...that explains it.
Unlikely to land there anyway. Pirates 2.0 has a bit of an edge there, I hear.

It almost made it to Paris, though.
They even had an owl, looking suspiciously like Hoot, in their preview center.
preview+8.jpg

That looks awesome. Too bad WDW can't get that attraction.

Its a really interesting part of Disney history. Marc Davis was working on that, and I think Tony Baxter got put on the project as well when he was very young. Well, he decided to build Big Thunder and mocked it up and it helped spell the ending of the WRE (in Marc Davis eyes). Thats not nearly the entire story but part of it

Ill try to find the article on it. It was an interesting read, someone correct me if I have the story wrong.

Mr.EPCOT

Yes and no. In that order.

Magic Journeys?

COUGH...TheOdyssey...COUGH

There too, but, wouldn't you rather see The Odyssey become a restaurant again?

Why not have both? Instead of a Blue Sky Cellar, a Blue Sky Odyssey, where you can dine among models and such of upcoming EPCOT and WDW projects. But I would also agree with having an exhibit in either the Journey Into Imagination post-show, or Innoventions, especially if it meant correcting the southeast quadrant. :D

You think you can find him a nice Florida girl to cohabitate with?

I don't know, it could be that a Glendale, California girl may be necessary.

jt04

Magic Journeys?

Why not have both? Instead of a Blue Sky Cellar, a Blue Sky Odyssey, where you can dine among models and such of upcoming EPCOT and WDW projects. But I would also agree with having an exhibit in either the Journey Into Imagination post-show, or Innoventions, especially if it meant correcting the southeast quadrant. :D

I don't know, it could be that a Glendale, California girl may be necessary.

Blue Sky Odyssey sounds like a good idea. I love how Imagineering took the wine exhibit at DCA and so deftly converted into the BSC concept. There is that room the Epcot 25th exhibit was in also. No shortage of space in Epcot that is for sure.

WDW1974

Very cool. Once that and HM get built, HKDL will be on my visit list, especially to see their Jungle Cruise.

The concept for HKDL, just to be clear, is NOT WRE or even a new age version.

It's basically a version of DCA's Grizzly Peak with an EE-like coaster experience instead of a water one ... and the rumor mill is they may resurrect 2-3 of Marc Davis' original AA animal scenes proposed for WRE as show aspects of this proposed concept.

I still have my doubts this is more than blue sky because of all the development work done on Mansion and Pirates (a whole land basically) ... although this would be a relatively inexpensive E-Ticket experience that could be used and would be if a small Frontierland gets added.

Oh, and their JC is very kewl.

krankenstein

Blue Sky Odyssey sounds like a good idea. I love how Imagineering took the wine exhibit at DCA and so deftly converted into the BSC concept. There is that room the Epcot 25th exhibit was in also. No shortage of space in Epcot that is for sure.

The old 25th exhibit is being used for the Segway tours. They use it for a prep room before they take everyone out on the tour.

So here is a question... are they really refurbing the Backlot tour, or are they closing it to do un-interrupted prep for the eventual expansion of Pixar Place and the Monster's Inc Door Coaster.

To me, it really doesn't make sense why they are doing a 2 month refurb for an attraction that is likely to get the axe in a year if these rumors are going to turn out true.

If it is a true refurb, what is getting improved during this long 2-month layoff??

That is exactly what i was thinking! Why would Disney refurb an attraction that they know will become closed in an while anyway? It's Just like wasting money! unless we could be wrong about Backlot closing, but i doubt it!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom