Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

SirGoofy

The concept for HKDL, just to be clear, is NOT WRE or even a new age version.

It's basically a version of DCA's Grizzly Peak with an EE-like coaster experience instead of a water one ... and the rumor mill is they may resurrect 2-3 of Marc Davis' original AA animal scenes proposed for WRE as show aspects of this proposed concept.

I still have my doubts this is more than blue sky because of all the development work done on Mansion and Pirates (a whole land basically) ... although this would be a relatively inexpensive E-Ticket experience that could be used and would be if a small Frontierland gets added.

Oh, and their JC is very kewl.

I was actually talking about Pirates when I said I'd visit after it gets built. I realize their "Frontierland Everest" is only blue sky as of now, although it would be great.

And I've seen so many videos of their JC, and it looks great. I'd love to be a skipper over there for just a day. All their animated figures actually work...

jt04

I was actually talking about Pirates when I said I'd visit after it gets built. I realize their "Frontierland Everest" is only blue sky as of now, although it would be great.

And I've seen so many videos of their JC, and it looks great. I'd love to be a skipper over there for just a day. All their animated figures actually work...

What is the word on the HM at HKDL? Did they not have one at opening? If there is a planned one is it a clone or something more?

Lee

Adventurer
What is the word on the HM at HKDL? Did they not have one at opening? If there is a planned one is it a clone or something more?

There are plans for one, but not a clone. Think more like Phantom Manor with a slightly different theme.

WDW1974

Don't wait. Go now.

Hong Kong is a great city. Amazing really. And HKDL is good fun for a full day ... maybe even half another day if you absolutely have to study every square inch of the place.

It is a very kewl ride. A unique take really ... I enjoyed it a lot, even though my skipper's English was tough to understand on both rides. And they even have some AAs that you really can't see from JC, but you can from the HKDL RR as it passes by.

WDW1974

^ No HM at HKDL. There's very little to do at that park right now.

I wouldn't say that at all.

I spent a full day (open 10-9) there in August and didn't do a handful of attractions. I felt like I got a full day's entertainment value.

What HKDL lacks in attractions (and it doesn't have nearly enough) it makes up for with a near pristine park, great friendly CMs, wonderful entertainment including two E-Ticket stage shows, two DIFFERENT daily parades in summer (and other special times), interesting merchandise for shopping and GREAT fireworks ... oh, all in the most beautiful natural environment of any MK on Earth.

No one, even Disney geeks, should go plan a HKDL trip now (the most I could ever see is a two-night weekend stay with time at the pool and maybe a spa treatment thrown in) BUT anyone who enjoys great cities should take a trip and HKDL definitely should be part of that stay.

I can't wait to return (likely 2010).

WDW1974

There are plans for one, but not a clone. Think more like Phantom Manor with a slightly different theme.

Last I heard, we were looking at basically a total clone from DL as far as the facade/look goes with a very different (think voodoo ... think Tokyo's ToT interior ... think AC -- bet that woke up some folks here) 21st century version inside with the 999 happy haunts!

SirGoofy

Don't wait. Go now.

Hong Kong is a great city. Amazing really. And HKDL is good fun for a full day ... maybe even half another day if you absolutely have to study every square inch of the place.

Oh I would go now. Unfortunately I'm a college student with no money.:lol:

It is a very kewl ride. A unique take really ... I enjoyed it a lot, even though my skipper's English was tough to understand on both rides. And they even have some AAs that you really can't see from JC, but you can from the HKDL RR as it passes by.

Gah. Sounds awesome.

WDW1974

Hah! You kids are funny.

We have the worst economy since at least the Great Depression.

The best advice I could ever offer, unless you have rich folks and are going to be 'placed' in a job upon graduation, is to stay in school as LONG as you can. If you've got two years left, take four or five. Really.

I don't care what field you're going into, this is affecting everything.

Don't be a fool, stay in school!

Enigma

Account Suspended
Hah! You kids are funny.

We have the worst economy since at least the Great Depression.

The best advice I could ever offer, unless you have rich folks and are going to be 'placed' in a job upon graduation, is to stay in school as LONG as you can. If you've got two years left, take four or five. Really.

I don't care what field you're going into, this is affecting everything.

Don't be a fool, stay in school!

Staying in school ain't gonna help. Just enjoy life kids!

Do you realize how much tuition is now adays??

puntagordabob

What would be awesome is if they can incorporate the roller coaster to the Laugh Floor. You have to take the coaster to the comedy club. Don't know how crowd flow would be, but, I am sure it can be done.

Uh no thank you....some of us Big Chickens would never go to the Laugh Floor then lol

jt04

Since Monsters Inc II is confirmed I think we can also put the new DHS indoor coaster in the confirmed column. :sohappy:

SirGoofy

It's pretty much been "confirmed" for a while.

I'm curious to why you think this changes anything.:confused:

Plenty of Disney movies had sequels an they didn't get attractions.

jt04

It's pretty much been "confirmed" for a while.

I'm curious to why you think this changes anything.:confused:

Plenty of Disney movies had sequels an they didn't get attractions.

But now it has to be a "franchise" to get an attraction. Cars (Carsland) is getting a sequel as is Toy Story (TSMM) which is proof Iger views them as franchises. Plus it is Pixar.
:lookaroun

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom