Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

Enigma

Account Suspended
Nope. Go west. And a bit south west-ish ;)

Is the plan essentially Monsters Inc. ride in soundstage 1 and a clone of Cars Land where backlot tram tour is? Because to me thats extremly boring and I was hoping for more original attractions (or at least stuff from other pixar films like The Incredibles, Wall-E, etc.)

jt04

Is the plan essentially Monsters Inc. ride in soundstage 1 and a clone of Cars Land where backlot tram tour is? Because to me thats extremly boring and I was hoping for more original attractions (or at least stuff from other pixar films like The Incredibles, Wall-E, etc.)

And see, I thought you would be overjoyed.

Lee

Adventurer
Is the plan essentially Monsters Inc. ride in soundstage 1 and a clone of Cars Land where backlot tram tour is?
Kinda, but not quite.
The plan is to get Monsters Inc. installed and then go from there. Carsland going into the Backlot is not a given by a long shot. It is just a concept that has been discussed as a potential way to go.

GothMickey

I am with Enigma on this one. Theme Motors! Lights! Action! to fit Cars, use the backlot tour area for 2 rides, one based on Wall*E and the other on The Incredibles. I still think Monsters Inc Laugh Floor should be moved to Pixar Place to complement the Monsters Inc ride. The only other popular movie not there is Nemo. But, Nemo is represented in Animal Kingdom and Epcot. That's enough.

I know alot of people have been calling for the Monsters inc Laugh Floor to be moved to Pixar Place.....and it makes sense. But is it even remotely reasonable? Have they done something like that in the past? I just really dont see that happening but I guess we can hope

GothMickey

I know alot of people have been calling for the Monsters inc Laugh Floor to be moved to Pixar Place.....and it makes sense. But is it even remotely reasonable? Have they done something like that in the past? I just really dont see that happening but I guess we can hope

I believe a movie was moved, either from Epcot to MK or vice versa.

markjohns1

How I wish it was a thrill ride. Imagine a huge drop when the door drops down and Mike & Sulley get into the door at the last second or going really fast when trying to catch up to Randall. Also in the movie they were going really fast. I think it'd be awesome if they tried to make it like that (although from what it seems that people are saying here it won't).
As Spiderman from IoA demonstrates, the perception of speed can be pulled off quite well, even when you're not actually moving very quickly. Set pieces moving towards you as you go past them will certainly make it seem like you're moving much faster than you really are. In this case, if they vary the size and speed that the set pieces are moving, they can also create the perception of being in a much larger space than you really are. It should be quite thrilling if done right.

Much like going through those tunnels that spin while the walkway is stationary. The point of reference is moving, making you feel like you're spinning. Or for anyone who has been on Space Mountain with the lights on, it feels much slower than normal because you actually have a reference point to focus on.

Not any further east than the Bug's Li...I mean Honey, I Shrunk play area, if they do make it that far east.

Backlot Tour, Canyon, misc. other buildings....

Here...very rough, and likely includes much more than they will use, but potentially this is the area that has been looked at for Pixar Place expansions. Backlot Tour will go for sure.
Are new guest walkways going to be built in the current BLT area? Or will they just use existing walkways as the entry points for new attractions and build out from there? That's a lot of real estate.

imagineer boy

I am with Enigma on this one. Theme Motors! Lights! Action! to fit Cars, use the backlot tour area for 2 rides, one based on Wall*E and the other on The Incredibles.

Eh, I don't think that would work too well. The idea of seeing the characters from the movie driving around and doing stunts... eh its just not that appealing to me. :shrug:

And I'm not sure if a WallE ride would work either, but I would like to see a Wall-E walkaround character and a mock BuyNLarge store go into Pixar Place.

Enigma

Account Suspended
And see, I thought you would be overjoyed.

Show me Disney's press release for a new Star Tours, or a redo of Imagination, or a WDW Journey to the center of the earth, or a wholy original attraction not based on a franchise and I will be.

GothMickey

Eh, I don't think that would work too well. The idea of seeing the characters from the movie driving around and doing stunts... eh its just not that appealing to me. :shrug:

And I'm not sure if a WallE ride would work either, but I would like to see a Wall-E walkaround character and a mock BuyNLarge store go into Pixar Place.

A WallE ride may not work, but an Incredibles ride could. My feelings about LMA doesn't have to be a stunt show, but, again, I guess you are right. A Cars themed show may be hard to pull off. As Lee pointed out before though, this is not going to happen.

jt04

I doubt it will happen either. Except for them potentially moving Stitch from SGE to Tiki and I just read about some stuff going from DL to DCA for the new WD exhibit and that the Lincoln attraction would return to the vacated spot. So there is some reason to be optimistic.

Perhaps theme and backstory is receiving the priority it should under the new management.

GothMickey

I doubt it will happen either. Except for them potentially moving Stitch from SGE to Tiki and I just read about some stuff going from DL to DCA for the new WD exhibit and that the Lincoln attraction would return to the vacated spot. So there is some reason to be optimistic.

Perhaps theme and backstory is receiving the priority it should under the new management.

Well, let's see what they would have to move: seats, a screen, a projector, and props inside the show room. They would also have to relocate other equipment that supports the running of the attraction. I am not too sure what else that would include. Seems like it may be alot to move, but, we aren't talking about moving to another country. They would be moving it down the road practically. But I am with you, probably won't be moved.

jt04

Well, let's see what they would have to move: seats, a screen, a projector, and props inside the show room. They would also have to relocate other equipment that supports the running of the attraction. I am not too sure what else that would include. Seems like it may be alot to move, but, we aren't talking about moving to another country. They would be moving it down the road practically. But I am with you, probably won't be moved.

They would be better off building the new attraction at DHS while the original is still operating. Then once the DHS was operational they could then shut down the one in Tomorrowland and ship it as a clone attraction to another park either in California or overseas.

WildcatDen

Not sure on the builder, but Kings Island has a family suspended coaster based on the Rugrats (yep, the Rugrats) called the Runaway Reptar. As a ride, it is fun but it is short. My two girls love riding it even though they are getting older and discovering some of the "non-family" coasters.

Of course, I would expect Disney to up the ante on the theming compared to Reptar.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I know alot of people have been calling for the Monsters inc Laugh Floor to be moved to Pixar Place.....and it makes sense. But is it even remotely reasonable? Have they done something like that in the past?
Yes and no. In that order.

jt04

And something tells me they won't again.

Time will tell. I'm still hearing rumblings that Lincoln may return to DL and that will mean items will be relocated at DCA. So, could be Mr Lasseter will do things a bit different than it has been done in the recent past. That is how it looks so far. Just my two cents.:)

GothMickey

Time will tell. I'm still hearing rumblings that Lincoln may return to DL and that will mean items will be relocated at DCA. So, could be Mr Lasseter will do things a bit different than it has been done in the recent past. That is how it looks so far. Just my two cents.:)

But, doesn't he care more about Disneyland than WDW?

jt04

But, doesn't he care more about Disneyland than WDW?

I am absolutely convinced that the priority is to first fix all the problems at DLR and then they will focus on WDW.

Actually I believe the changes are already starting to happen at WDW. The management restruturing is just a small part of a very big picture.

Just my 2 cents.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom