Monsters, Inc. Hollywood Studios rumor

GothMickey

I am absolutely convinced that the priority is to first fix all the problems at DLR and then they will focus on WDW.

Actually I believe the changes are already starting to happen at WDW. The management restruturing is just a small part of a very big picture.

Just my 2 cents.

Until we find out that the best, brightest, and most creative took the package and left for greener pastures, while WDW is left with the same nickle and dime managers who only worry about making the bean counters in Burbank happy.

jt04

Until we find out that the best, brightest, and most creative took the package and left for greener pastures, while WDW is left with the same nickle and dime managers who only worry about making the bean counters in Burbank happy.

It's quite possible the "nickel and dime" folks are the ones targeted and the most talented were not even offered a buyout.

I'm still convinced John Lasseter is a change agent (I hate that term) and bright days are ahead for WDW. The care and imagination that went into the new "Blue Sky Cellar" and castle walk through at DL are small but significant examples of his influence and bodes well for the future of all Imagineering projects. Just my opinion and 2 cents.

GothMickey

It's quite possible the "nickel and dime" folks are the ones targeted and the most talented were not even offered a buyout.

I'm still convinced John Lasseter is a change agent (I hate that term) and bright days are ahead for WDW. The care and imagination that went into the new "Blue Sky Cellar" and castle walk through at DL are small but significant examples of his influence and bodes well for the future of all Imagineering projects. Just my opinion and 2 cents.

Of course you could be right. Not that I like seeing anyone lose their job, but, I hope this is the case.

But up until this point, has Join Lasseter paid any attention to WDW? He seems much more focused on DL....

RSoxNo1

I've long said that Journey into Imagination would be a perfect place to host an ever changing Blue Sky Cellar type attraction. If not the ride itself (with figment and Dream finder talking about new things from imagineering), an exhibit in the post show about Disney's role in imagination/imagineering.

Captain Chaos

I've long said that Journey into Imagination would be a perfect place to host an ever changing Blue Sky Cellar type attraction. If not the ride itself (with figment and Dream finder talking about new things from imagineering), an exhibit in the post show about Disney's role in imagination/imagineering.

There is an entire pavilion that they aren't using, right across from JIYI..

krankenstein

COUGH...TheOdyssey...COUGH

krankenstein

There too, but, wouldn't you rather see The Odyssey become a restaurant again?

Nah, they have plenty of restaurants in EPCOT Center IMO. I say turn The Odyssey into a Blue Sky Cellar, add attractions to the empty spaces in Future World and keep special events in the Millennium Village. :shrug:

Horizonsfan

Nah, they have plenty of restaurants in EPCOT Center IMO. I say turn The Odyssey into a Blue Sky Cellar, add attractions to the empty spaces in Future World and keep special events in the Millennium Village. :shrug:

To add my $0.02, I'd say the best location for the Blue Sky Central (Epcot equivalent of the Cellar) would be somewhere in Innoventions. Heck, they could expand the southern portion of the pavilion East or Westward and introduce more exhibit space while they're at it. Or if they don't want to bother with a full building expansion, they could reconfigure Mouse Gear back to Centorium's two level format and leave enough area for the Blue Sky Central.

The Odyssey really does need to come back, Epcot's counter-service is pushed to the limit. There's only two counter-service places in all of future world. To me, I'm absolutely shocked the bean-counters aren't pulling their hair out over the daily money that could be made if it returned to being a restaurant. The money made by renting it would pale in comparison, I would figure.

krankenstein

To add my $0.02, I'd say the best location for the Blue Sky Central (Epcot equivalent of the Cellar) would be somewhere in Innoventions. Heck, they could expand the southern portion of the pavilion East or Westward and introduce more exhibit space while they're at it. Or if they don't want to bother with a full building expansion, they could reconfigure Mouse Gear back to Centorium's two level format and leave enough area for the Blue Sky Central.

The Odyssey really does need to come back, Epcot's counter-service is pushed to the limit. There's only two counter-service places in all of future world. To me, I'm absolutely shocked the bean-counters aren't pulling their hair out over the daily money that could be made if it returned to being a restaurant. The money made by renting it would pale in comparison, I would figure.

Ahh...but not when WOL opens with a new counter service area and the Fountain View becomes Figment's Pallet. :animwink:

All part of the master plan in my head. :lol:

WDW1974

They used to do that ... regularly. In the post-show for The Walt Disney Story on Main Street (and that doesn't even include when it was used for preview centers for Disney's second, third and fourth gates).

The problem with doing so now is ... well ... Disney doesn't want to put up all sorts of things that will excite guests when they have no intention of building them.

The Blue Sky Cellar works in Anaheim because they're in the midst of a decade long multi-billion program to reinvent DCA and renew DL and refresh DD and the resorts.

What exactly would a WDW version showcase? The three DVC resort expansions that are debuting this year?

Lee

Adventurer
They used to do that ... regularly. In the post-show for The Walt Disney Story on Main Street (and that doesn't even include when it was used for preview centers for Disney's second, third and fourth gates).
*sigh*
Yeah. Speaks to how old I must be that I can vaguely remember seeing Hoot Gibson, the owl from WRE in there. Too young to really understand what I was seeing, but that owl stuck with me.
Oh, what could have been....
wrewdsowl.jpg

Horizonsfan

What exactly would a WDW version showcase? The three DVC resort expansions that are debuting this year?

Oooohh..Sounds like heaven....if you find timeshares fascinating.

In reality they don't need to do that... there's a DVC booth everywhere you turn in the park with exciting "previews" of the "best kept secret"*.

* - At what point will they give that promotion a rest?

WDW1974

*sigh*
Yeah. Speaks to how old I must be that I can vaguely remember seeing Hoot Gibson, the owl from WRE in there. Too young to really understand what I was seeing, but that owl stuck with me.
wrewdsowl.jpg

I remember the owl too. And the other miniature scenes from WRE.

I remember watching EPCOT grow from concept to reality in that building too.

And get introduced to all sorts of Disney Decade concepts, most that sadly didn't get built.

SirGoofy

*sigh*
wrewdsowl.jpg

It's just like seeing/reading all the plans for Beastly Kingdomme. It's great to know they really don't care about building great attractions anymore.:(

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom