Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

jt04

Original Poster
You know I want to get it out of Aland as much as anyone, but it just seems odd to put it right next to Dumbo.

Not so much when you consider the lines for Dumbo. And Toontown is a fair distance away. And we would get AL's immersion back which I think is very important.

I think it really needs to be moved, every bit as much as the hat at DHS.

SirGoofy

The fact that it was shoved into a small space doesn't make it better. It was WDW management being cheap and not putting it where 20k was.

Except, the lagoon was gone by the time the Nemo ride showed up, and they had a decaying attraction that could be replced in EPCOT.

Yes I'm defending TDO.

SirGoofy

Not so much when you consider the lines for Dumbo. And Toontown is a fair distance away. And we would get AL's immersion back which I think is very important.

I think it really needs to be moved, every bit as much as the hat at DHS.

Yes, AL needs it's immersion back, and getting rid of the Carpets and their stupid spitting Camel would do wonders in that department.

Maybe even make a small kiosk for an Indiana Jones themed KP game?:lookaroun

MKeeler

You know I want to get it out of Aland as much as anyone, but it just seems odd to put it right next to Dumbo.

See, I know this would be heretical, but I would be in favor of removing Dumbo and replacing it with the Flying Carpets. So long as TLM is built and Snow White's Scary Adventure is replaced with a Beauty and the Beast ride once the mine train is built.

It would help to differentiate The Magic Kingdom from Disneyland, with the Magic Kingdom FL having a Disney Renaissance focus and Disneyland having a Golden Age focus.

Of course, I'd also like to replace Tinkerbell in Wishes with the Blue Fairy to fit better and leave Tinkerbell's flight to Disneyland, but that's just me...

SirGoofy

See, I know this would be heretical, but I would be in favor of removing Dumbo and replacing it with the Flying Carpets. So long as TLM is built and Snow White's Scary Adventure is replaced with a Beauty and the Beast ride once the mine train is built.

I think you might be getting ahead of yourself. The mine train coaster really isn't anywhere in the cards currently.

EDIT: I should have been more thorough in this post. I know Screamscape says the Mine Train is a go, but I've heard the complete opposite when it comes to Fland plans.

MKeeler

One can dream though of a very expansive renovation. (Plus they could still always just replace Snow White with Beauty and The Beast and accomplish the same thing).

Figment632

One can dream though of a very expansive renovation. (Plus they could still always just replace Snow White with Beauty and The Beast and accomplish the same thing).

Well since I have given up the no characters in Epcot fight why not move SWCA to Germany then build a new BB dark ride in France.

aladdin2007

Im all for the idea of replacing the aging snow white ride with beauty and the beast, IF snow white is still somehow represented with another attraction. It needs to remain a part of fantasyland somehow, and Im not talking some cheap princess meet n greet.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Thats if you believe TLM will be an eticket, I hope I'm wrong but I bet the same thing that happened with nemo will happen here.
Both Mermaids will be an E Ticket.

Or all 3 or 4 of them.

Buried20KLeague

All sources tell us it will be a E Tic.:shrug:

And it's the other way around...We got the better Nemo.

I don't agree with that at all. The subs version is 3 times as long, WORLDS more immersive, and take you on a real journey. In fact, for the life of me, I can't figure out how anyone would say the WDW version is better. :confused: Unless they're factoring load times and wait times? I don't know. Or maybe the angler fish on the kuka arm that doesn't work anyway?

DL's is amazing, to me. WDW's isn't bad... It's just not able to do what DL's does.

And for whoever suggested aquatopia to be cloned at WDW... Eek. That was EASILY the biggest waste of time, as far as rides went, in all of Tokyo Disney... Either park. Bad. Just bad.

I guess I'd take it instead of the Indy Speedway. Although I don't know what I would do without the gasoline fume high! :lookaroun:lol:

yoyoflamingo

I don't agree with that at all. The subs version is 3 times as long, WORLDS more immersive, and take you on a real journey. In fact, for the life of me, I can't figure out how anyone would say the WDW version is better. :confused: Unless they're factoring load times and wait times? I don't know. Or maybe the angler fish on the kuka arm that doesn't work anyway?

DL's is amazing, to me. WDW's isn't bad... It's just not able to do what DL's does.

The only thing I find better at the DL Nemo is you are on the sub. The attraction is longer, but keeps repeating the same theme for 20 minutes...Nemo is lost, Nemo is found, Nemo is lost again. Nemo is found. It gets too repetitive for 20 minutes. Plus, the screen technology isn't as believable as it is in EPCOT IMO. Essentially if I wanted to watch Finding Nemo again, I could do it in the comfort of my home, not in a cramped sub. The EPCOT version is shorter, but it doesn't get repetitive like DL. Also, the illusion of the characters with the live fish is more impressive in EPCOT.

Not to say I don't like the DL subs, but I prefer the EPCOT one more.

RSoxNo1

The fact that you're in a sub makes the Disneyland version of Nemo better. However, I don't think the two rides are on the same scope. For the sake of argument, say Disneyland's is an E Ticket, and Epcot's is a D ticket. I think Epcot's is a better D ticket, than Disneyland's is an E Ticket.

I've only been on Disneyland's version twice, and much like the original 20K Leagues Under the Sea, I don't get enough out of it to wait more than 40 minutes, and often times you have to.

I'm of the impression that any attraction without fast pass, should never have a wait of more than 40 minutes except when park capacity is reached.

EPCOT Explorer

I guess I heard wrong on Nemo.:lookaroun:lol:

I think you might be getting ahead of yourself. The mine train coaster really isn't anywhere in the cards currently.

EDIT: I should have been more thorough in this post. I know Screamscape says the Mine Train is a go, but I've heard the complete opposite when it comes to Fland plans.
Yeah...SW Minethingy is really out there.

Thank goodness.

Both Mermaids will be an E Ticket.

Or all 3 or 4 of them.
Heh. That leaves a good probability for us, right?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom