Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

Hobnail Boot

Just a little update from Screamscape:

2012 to 2015 - Fantasyland Update - Rumor - (7/9/09) According to the rumor mill the proposal to finally remodel Fantasyland is getting very close to getting final approval. To hear one person describe it, it is no longer a matter of “If” but has moved into the realm of “How big?” Either way the long overdue circus tent style banners are on the way out to be replaced with a more fitting looking village theme, probably more in line with what they have at Disneyland.
S__________g up most of the budget is the proposed new Little Mermaid dark ride, but there are other new attractions in involved as well, such as converting Snow White into a family friendly coaster ride through the Dwarves diamond mine. Of course there is a push to expand the land a bit towards Toon Town, possibly to add some new Princess themed shops, meet & greet and possibly a new attraction as well. Speaking of which… there is also an odd rumor floating about claiming that Aladdin’s Magic Carpets could find it self moved into Fantasyland as well as part of this overhaul. No more rumors about that once proposed Beauty & The Beast ride however. As you can guess, this wont be a simple 1 year fix, but instead of major overhaul that will be done in phases for anywhere from 3-5 years depending on how big they let it get.

Next Big Thing

I am hoping we get some sort of announcement for SOMETHING at the D23 expo. I will be sorely disappointed if we don't. They are building it up saying they are going to tell us the future of the parks so i am expecting some sort of announcement. If there is none, I would expect something after SM opens. If nothing comes then, i give up on WDW. I'll just move go to Anaheim. They seem to be on top of it out there.

The Conundrum

Just a little update from Screamscape:

2012 to 2015 - Fantasyland Update - Rumor - (7/9/09) According to the rumor mill the proposal to finally remodel Fantasyland is getting very close to getting final approval. To hear one person describe it, it is no longer a matter of “If” but has moved into the realm of “How big?” Either way the long overdue circus tent style banners are on the way out to be replaced with a more fitting looking village theme, probably more in line with what they have at Disneyland.
S__________g up most of the budget is the proposed new Little Mermaid dark ride, but there are other new attractions in involved as well, such as converting Snow White into a family friendly coaster ride through the Dwarves diamond mine. Of course there is a push to expand the land a bit towards Toon Town, possibly to add some new Princess themed shops, meet & greet and possibly a new attraction as well. Speaking of which… there is also an odd rumor floating about claiming that Aladdin’s Magic Carpets could find it self moved into Fantasyland as well as part of this overhaul. No more rumors about that once proposed Beauty & The Beast ride however. As you can guess, this wont be a simple 1 year fix, but instead of major overhaul that will be done in phases for anywhere from 3-5 years depending on how big they let it get.

I am getting so sick of hearing this. When did Disney decide to start doing this phase bs where they spend the bare minimum now and if its good enough we put the rest of the phases on hold. Its just an excuse for doing as little as possible.

Can you imagine if they did "phases" when they did New Fantasyland in Disneyland in 1983 or WDW's new Tomorrowland in 1994. Or if Harry Potter land is built in "phases"

Do the project at once and do it correctly!

Next Big Thing

I am getting so sick of hearing this. When did Disney decide to start doing this phase bs where they spend the bare minimum now and if its good enough we put the rest of the phases on hold. Its just an excuse for doing as little as possible.

Can you imagine if they did "phases" when they did New Fantasyland in Disneyland in 1983 or WDW's new Tomorrowland in 1994. Or if Harry Potter land is built in "phases"

Do the project at once and do it correctly!
their point in doing it in phases is to keep as much of the park open while still getting the over hall done. It may seem like it will take longer to get done, but having all of fantasyland closed would not make BUSINESS sense for Disney. You have to remember, Disney is in this for the business after all.

aladdin2007

:sohappy: yea!!!! were getting closer and closer it sounds like to TLM. I really hope this fall we get the mermaid announcment and some news on imagination. any hopes for a sse completion thrown in that timeframe:confused:

WishIwasThere

Mermaid should come before any larger land overlay.

Makes sence...do that corner of FL the way and style the rest of FL will be, then start working section by section on the new overlay. Our FL doesn't require the giant overhaul that DL needed. They moved and removed entire rides and such to help with traffic. I think it would be kind of wierd having Alladin's carpets right next to Dumbo though. Looking forward to the LM ride...and ST 2.0 in DHS.

EPCOTPluto

Secretly, I am anxiously hoping this would happen. I think something reminiscent of an E-Ticket would be a perfect fit to the former aqueous E-Ticker that I never rode. :( Or at least never remember riding at all.

EDIT - I just noticed...300 Posts!!!! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom