Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

EPCOT Explorer

Just a little update from Screamscape:

2012 to 2015 - Fantasyland Update - Rumor - (7/9/09) According to the rumor mill the proposal to finally remodel Fantasyland is getting very close to getting final approval. To hear one person describe it, it is no longer a matter of “If” but has moved into the realm of “How big?” Either way the long overdue circus tent style banners are on the way out to be replaced with a more fitting looking village theme, probably more in line with what they have at Disneyland.
S__________g up most of the budget is the proposed new Little Mermaid dark ride, but there are other new attractions in involved as well, such as converting Snow White into a family friendly coaster ride through the Dwarves diamond mine. Of course there is a push to expand the land a bit towards Toon Town, possibly to add some new Princess themed shops, meet & greet and possibly a new attraction as well. Speaking of which… there is also an odd rumor floating about claiming that Aladdin’s Magic Carpets could find it self moved into Fantasyland as well as part of this overhaul. No more rumors about that once proposed Beauty & The Beast ride however. As you can guess, this wont be a simple 1 year fix, but instead of major overhaul that will be done in phases for anywhere from 3-5 years depending on how big they let it get.
Well then...Is it screamscape really putting out news, or just rehashing what it's heard us say?

The optimist in me hopes this is more confirmation. The BatB thing fits what I was told.:shrug::D
I am getting so sick of hearing this. When did Disney decide to start doing this phase bs where they spend the bare minimum now and if its good enough we put the rest of the phases on hold. Its just an excuse for doing as little as possible.

Can you imagine if they did "phases" when they did New Fantasyland in Disneyland in 1983 or WDW's new Tomorrowland in 1994. Or if Harry Potter land is built in "phases"

Do the project at once and do it correctly!
I would usually agree with you, but this is massive. Even the TL94 refurb was done in phases. It was not fully done and guests were allowed in. If getting this means phases....So be it. I think we need it. Badly.
Id much rather have aquatopia in that spot than TLM.

:confused:

A cheap but trackless C Tic that gets you wet from ~Tokyo!!!~ Versus a immersive, original, AA E Tic. I duntgetit.:lol:

aladdin2007

Dont get me wrong if they do TLM im all for it I just wish we could get auqatopia somewhere in WDW.

and Walt Disney's Flying Saucers in Tomorrowland :wave:, that would be so good. but I guess they would have to slap stitch or some other character on it like everything else instead of just presenting the space theme.:cry:

CaptainJackNO

Done deal! Screw meeting Mickey!:lookaroun:lol:

Why couldn;t they move Mickey's house to some other location in the park or leave it where it is and design the area surrounding it so you could add new attractions as an extension of other lands and still have Mickey's house and the judge's tent (would probably need a new name.):shrug:

Figment632

Well then...Is it screamscape really putting out news, or just rehashing what it's heard us say?

The optimist in me hopes this is more confirmation. The BatB thing fits what I was told.:shrug::D

I would usually agree with you, but this is massive. Even the TL94 refurb was done in phases. It was not fully done and guests were allowed in. If getting this means phases....So be it. I think we need it. Badly.

:confused:

A cheap but trackless C Tic that gets you wet from ~Tokyo!!!~ Versus a immersive, original, AA E Tic. I duntgetit.:lol:

Thats if you believe TLM will be an eticket, I hope I'm wrong but I bet the same thing that happened with nemo will happen here. They will take a great Eticket from DL and give WDW a d ticket version of it.

EPCOT Explorer

Thats if you believe TLM will be an eticket, I hope I'm wrong but I bet the same thing that happened with nemo will happen here. They will take a great Eticket from DL and give WDW a d ticket version of it.

All sources tell us it will be a E Tic.:shrug:

And it's the other way around...We got the better Nemo.

SirGoofy

And it's the other way around...We got the better Nemo.

Yea I don't get the comparison here at all. Our Nemo had to be shoe horned into an existing, smaller ride space, where as theirs had a whole lagoon.:shrug:

As for this rumor, why the heck would Flying Carpets go into Fland? I mean I would love to get it out of Adventureland, but still...that's odd.

EPCOT Explorer

Yea I don't get the comparison here at all. Our Nemo had to be shoe horned into an existing, smaller ride space, where as theirs had a whole lagoon.:shrug:

As for this rumor, why the heck would Flying Carpets go into Fland? I mean I would love to get it out of Adventureland, but still...that's odd.
I've heard ours is more immersive, and easier to view.

As for the Carptes...Two spinners in one land!? I don't buy it.
Have you ever been on the DL version? It is far superior.
See above.

I think it's opinion.

Figment632

I've heard ours is more immersive, and easier to view.

As for the Carptes...Two spinners in one land!? I don't buy it.

See above.

I think it's opinion.

The fact that it was shoved into a small space doesn't make it better. It was WDW management being cheap and not putting it where 20k was.

jt04

Original Poster

Well I thought that was one part of the rumor people would be most excited about. I think you are right it doesn't belong behind the castle but I think it could fit well in Toontown cause it is a toon :lookaroun.

Or somewhere at DHS maybe. Or maybe even DTD...

SirGoofy

Well I thought that was one part of the rumor people would be most excited about. I think you are right it doesn't belong behind the castle but I think it could fit well in Toontown cause it is a toon :lookaroun.

Or somewhere at DHS maybe. Or maybe even DTD...

You know I want to get it out of Aland as much as anyone, but it just seems odd to put it right next to Dumbo.

Ragetti

Meh.... I'm a nobody here, but I like the EPCOT version of Nemo better than the DL version..... though the subs are cool....

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom