Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

TalkingHead

Is the Pinocchio ride at Disneyland any good?

It's the weakest of the Fantasyland dark rides, IMO.

Alice in Wonderland, though, would be great to have at WDW. I especially like how it has two levels and goes outside.

And of course Roger Rabbit's Cartoon Spin, Mr. Toad, Storybook Land, or the Matterhorn would also be nice.

Well Maybe...

I'd like to see the Sleeping Beauty Dark Ride. Mostly because Maleficent is my favorite villian.

I also think that a Mulan dark ride would be good. It wouldn't fit the themeing. But I'd like to see something Mulan related.

WDW1974

I don't agree with that at all. The subs version is 3 times as long, WORLDS more immersive, and take you on a real journey. In fact, for the life of me, I can't figure out how anyone would say the WDW version is better. :confused: Unless they're factoring load times and wait times? I don't know. Or maybe the angler fish on the kuka arm that doesn't work anyway?

Um ... actually for the first time in over a year, the angler fish has worked on three rides this week by this Spirit.

DL's is amazing, to me. WDW's isn't bad... It's just not able to do what DL's does.

DL's saved a beloved attraction and a kinetic piece of the land ... WDW's dumbed down an immersive future sea base to one of cartoon fish. Done well? Yeah. But still ...

And for whoever suggested aquatopia to be cloned at WDW... Eek. That was EASILY the biggest waste of time, as far as rides went, in all of Tokyo Disney... Either park. Bad. Just bad.

I guess I'd take it instead of the Indy Speedway. Although I don't know what I would do without the gasoline fume high! :lookaroun:lol:

Doesn't matter ... Aquatopia ain't getting cloned anywhere and Speedway isn't going anywhere. And considering how much dead space the MK has (leaving out all the expansion areas that exist) one would wonder why it should ... kids love it. Just like WDW isn't all about brats (see the pathetic site formerly known as PI, like I did tonight), it also is about having some timeless (and kids wanting ta drive is timeless) experiences.

WDW1974

No reason to get rid of SWSA, it's the best dark ride in FL. Get rid of Pan! :lookaroun

You gotta be kidding?!?!

Pan is the only dark ride in F-land worth going on.

SW is an embarrassment in its current 'we can't scare any kiddies' mode and awful ops/queue setup.

TP2000

Considering that The Little Mermaid: Ariel's Undersea Adventure was announced publicly by Jay Rasulo almost two years ago, that construction walls went up a few months ago, and that active land clearing and demolition of the construction area began last month for an opening two years from now...

And also considering there hasn't been an official peep about The Little Mermaid in Florida yet with no sign of any type of land prep or even survey work on the 20K site...

When is the earliest we think TLM could appear in WDW??? Maybe 2012 at the earliest, but 2013 more realistically? Or is this something for the middle of next decade like 2015, after they see what the reaction is to it in DCA?

Here's a pic of The Little Mermaid construction site in DCA as of this week. Lots goin' on! http://darkbeer.smugmug.com/gallery/8851868_ExayS#586697475_pk9M4

krankenstein

You gotta be kidding?!?!

Pan is the only dark ride in F-land worth going on.

SW is an embarrassment in its current 'we can't scare any kiddies' mode and awful ops/queue setup.

Nope, I'm not. Pan is a huge waste of time to me. Outside of the London scene, it offers nothing to me. However, I have always enjoyed SW. Simple tastes and preferences :shrug:

marsrunner

Peter Pan is definitely the only dark ride I bother riding in WDW's FL. Its pure bliss.
DL has a much better selection, though the SW in DL is actually worse than WDWs if that's possible. Pinocchio is "okay"; I'll ride it if there's no line (which is usually the case), Mr. Toad is great fun (if not quite as good as its now non-existant WDW brother...but at least it still exists!), Peter Pan is even better in DL and Alice in Wonderland is my favorite. Better than Peter Pan, even. That's probably just personal bias, though, as Alice is my favorite Disney movie. Count Cartoon Spin in the mix and DL has 6 dark rides in FL/TT vs. 3 in WDW's FL/TTF.
That's a discrepancy that should be rectified post-haste. I don't care if they clone a couple of DL dark rides, it makes no sense to me that as much room as WDW has they don't have as many dark rides as DL.

yeti

Why doesn't anybody seem to like Winnie the Pooh? It's the most immersive and the most technologically advanced of all the dark rides; easily the best dark ride in FL.

If it's because of Mr. Toad and you're nostalgic, that's understandable. But really, you can't say cardboard cutouts aren't out of date.

IWant2GoNow

I hope your right. I can't see them not doing a new attraction for the 40th, especially at the MK, refurbs and plussing just don't seem like enough.

Doesn't seem like enough, but it would be a huge step forward in my book. I would take massive refurbs and plussing as long as they were done well. But I'm like you also, I can't imagine they would let the 40th pass without SOME new attraction. But what do I know? :shrug:

aladdin2007

Why doesn't anybody seem to like Winnie the Pooh? It's the longest, most immersive, and the most technologically advanced of all the dark rides; easily the best dark ride in FL.

If it's because of Mr. Toad and you're nostalgic, that's understandable. But really, you can't say cardboard cutouts aren't out of date.

The Pooh ride itself is just fine, but the queue is tacky and cheap and butt ugly.

aladdin2007

Something about Pooh's queue just really turns me off, I dont know what it is but I hate it the most asthetically for some reason compared to the rest.

aladdin2007

By the way what do you all think of the new colors on the front of small world? Is the yellow and purple a bit garish or do you like it?

rbrower

I've been trying to find a pic of this somewhere. Is there one on the boards or does anyone have one?
I have one on my other computer, so I will try to remember to get on there and post it here later.
There is also a lot of pink in the new paint scheme.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom