Little Mermaid Clone a Go! (Maybe)

EPCOT Explorer

Um ... actually for the first time in over a year, the angler fish has worked on three rides this week by this Spirit.

Doesn't matter ... Aquatopia ain't getting cloned anywhere and Speedway isn't going anywhere. And considering how much dead space the MK has (leaving out all the expansion areas that exist) one would wonder why it should ... kids love it. Just like WDW isn't all about brats (see the pathetic site formerly known as PI, like I did tonight), it also is about having some timeless (and kids wanting ta drive is timeless) experiences.
Very good on the account of The Angler Fish.:D It seems as if Maint issues are being addressed under Crockrell that were never adressed under McPhee. Interesting.

As or Speedway...The one thing they WOULD keep...:rolleyes::lol:
October 2011.

:D

Post like these only affirm the fact that I WILL be there on Oct 1 2011.

WDW1974

Yeah, but the yeti has not ... I see there's a thread saying it has been ... all I see is it being lighted differently to make disco yeti appear to be getting down more realistically with his dance moves.

I can also see they have done likewise in Dinosaur where previously broken/ignored AAs are now lit in a way to make them look 'active' ... it's a cheap 'answer'.

Angler, though, is definitely working.

And EPCOT has plenty of issues right now, so let's don't give Danny too much credit.

I've never seen dirtier queues in that park and it isn't very busy (moderate might be a stretch and last night during EMH I had parts of the park to myself, which while great isn't great in the broad scheme of things!)

Gotta go on a pixie dust run ... more later...

RSoxNo1

Not that spinners are the answer, but I think the Magic Carpets of Aladdin should go into the Animation Courtyard at DHS instead of Fantasyland. MK has 3 spinners in Astro Orbiter, Dumbo and Aladdin. DHS is still starved for attractions, and if Aladdin is going to be moved, it should be moved there.

SirGoofy

Yeah, but the yeti has not ... I see there's a thread saying it has been ... all I see is it being lighted differently to make disco yeti appear to be getting down more realistically with his dance moves

He's in test and adjust, or so I've been told. I wouldn't go to AK expecting to see him, but you could get a pleasant surprise.

EPCOT Explorer

Yeah, but the yeti has not ... I see there's a thread saying it has been ... all I see is it being lighted differently to make disco yeti appear to be getting down more realistically with his dance moves.

I can also see they have done likewise in Dinosaur where previously broken/ignored AAs are now lit in a way to make them look 'active' ... it's a cheap 'answer'.

Angler, though, is definitely working.

And EPCOT has plenty of issues right now, so let's don't give Danny too much credit.

I've never seen dirtier queues in that park and it isn't very busy (moderate might be a stretch and last night during EMH I had parts of the park to myself, which while great isn't great in the broad scheme of things!)

Gotta go on a pixie dust run ... more later...

Care to enumerate on the EPCOT issues?

jt04

Original Poster
Not that spinners are the answer, but I think the Magic Carpets of Aladdin should go into the Animation Courtyard at DHS instead of Fantasyland. MK has 3 spinners in Astro Orbiter, Dumbo and Aladdin. DHS is still starved for attractions, and if Aladdin is going to be moved, it should be moved there.

I really like this idea and the area could use the energy.

jt04

Original Poster
Agreed...but I feel like there isn't enough room in the courtyard for the carpets. :shrug:

Maybe one of the photoshop experts will move it virtually and we can find out. The best shot would be from directly overhead.
:lookaroun

Scar Junior

Doesn't seem like enough, but it would be a huge step forward in my book. I would take massive refurbs and plussing as long as they were done well. But I'm like you also, I can't imagine they would let the 40th pass without SOME new attraction. But what do I know? :shrug:

Completely agree. 100%.

Also, I like the idea of moving MCoA to the Courtyard, but as referenced by previous posters... I doubt there is enough room. It was a good idea though RSox.

imagineer boy

I too had an idea a while back to move the magic carpets to animation courtyard but instead retheme it to Mickey's "Plane Crazy" cartoon where people fly in b&w bi planes.

Scar Junior

I too had an idea a while back to move the magic carpets to animation courtyard but instead retheme it to Mickey's "Plane Crazy" cartoon where people fly in b&w bi planes.

Creative! But I doubt most would understand the throwback theming. Yeah, I'm using "third person theory" but even in my Animation of Walt Disney class in college students were unaware of any of the early cartoons.

Nevertheless, most small children would want to ride it due to the fact that it is a conventionally simple ride.

RSoxNo1

Along the same lines, why not have a Donald's boat type attraction in that courtyard except have it be Steamboat Willie

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom