It's not Epcot anymore.. (wand demo pics)

Since1976

I hope they produce some new nighttime lighting schemes for SSE, if only to make photos of the thing easier to date. :wave:

The wand was nothing compared to the birthday cake horror on Cinderella Castle many years ago.

flynnibus

Premium Member
I can't believe they are piece mealing it :(

Get a heavier lift crane, chop that sucker in 1/3rds and lay it down backstage for dissembly :( Makes you scared that they may reuse those bits somewhere :D

Mr_Tom_Morrow

I say send it off to the San Francisco Giants they can replace the wand with a baseball bat rearrange the letters from Epcot to PetCo and paint the arm and voila..we never have to worry about it again :drevil:

darthmikey

It shouldn't be long now until we have Epcot back to normal. I wouldn't want to be there when there taking it down because I don't know if they are letting you walk under Spaceship Earth.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
good shots merf.

i wonder if mousesurplus is bidding on any of this stuff. especially the ride vehicles from SSE. are they replcing the shells or the whole vehicles (frame, axles etc etc)
So far as I know it`s the same vehicles, being removed in groups, for a full refurbishment.

Nice update as always, Merf :wave:

hp200lx

WOW! The wand and everything is coming down quick. Why are people saying its going to take 3 months to take the wand down?:shrug:

CrashNet

WOW! The wand and everything is coming down quick. Why are people saying its going to take 3 months to take the wand down?:shrug:
Removal of the letters and decorations is one thing...taking the steel apart is an entirely different story.

Epcot82Guy

Exactly. This is a delicate project, too, because you have a major structure next to it that is not to be damaged. Luckily, the building will be under refurb, too, so there is not the added cost of guests inside. That would make it even tougher.

From what I remember, it went up quickly, so there are likely some "creative" welds and fasteners in there. That takes more time than you would think.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
So far as I know it`s the same vehicles, being removed in groups, for a full refurbishment.

Nice update as always, Merf :wave:
thanks martin. i was just curious if pads were going to be added. but then, it is one more thing to get worn out and need refurb.

I thought it was "where there's a WALL, there's a way" for Merf. :ROFLOL:
i think you could substitute many words for WALL.

Wand
Permit
Wait Time
A Little Piece of trash making bad show

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom