It's not Epcot anymore.. (wand demo pics)

Champion

Question- Why cant they work on the demolition at night?

They ARE doing it at night. Its too much work for it to be all done in one night, however.

Bad show? Yeah, but I think after hearing for years about how the wand was the cause of the downfall of civilization, you can all deal with a little bad show.

mikeb_86

I am on vacation and was at epcot a few days ago. I am shocked how fast the lettersbare coming down. I'm trying to get a trip report up soon. I also have some great shots of other things that i will post in the next few days.

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Bad show? Yeah, but I think after hearing for years about how the wand was the cause of the downfall of civilization, you can all deal with a little bad show.
oy vey

like posted before, i wish they would bring in 2 cranes, cut the sucker in half and quit coddling the letters. (?)

dave2822

Does anyone know why they decided to do this now? The summer months are crowded times at WDW, why not put this construction off until say, September, when there will be less angry people trying to take pictures of EPCOT and its new friend, the crane. At the rate they are going, it would seem that even if they started in September, it would be off in time for the busy holiday season.

Mr_Tom_Morrow

Does anyone know why they decided to do this now? The summer months are crowded times at WDW, why not put this construction off until say, September, when there will be less angry people trying to take pictures of EPCOT and its new friend, the crane. At the rate they are going, it would seem that even if they started in September, it would be off in time for the busy holiday season.

my guess is that if they waited til september then they wouldnt have had it completely done by the oct 1st anniversary

hp200lx

Think I'll be able to get a mostly wandless pic during my trip at the end of August ? That would make me uber happy, I've never seen SSE in person without it. I went for the first time last year at 22...I feel all left out and cheated having not seen a pure SSE in person.

Epcot82Guy

I would say a few reasons:

1. I think that the powers that be wanted it gone now (obviously).

2. It will take several months to go down. And, F&W is arguably more crowded at Epcot than are August and early September. So, this is a better time than September and October.

3. While not a big deal, you do have earlier sunrises in the morning.

4. This gives them plenty of time while SSE is down to finish this project.

Buzzforprez

I heard from a CM who had talked to a bus driver who talked to someone VERY CLOSE to an imagineer that they will be adding a Scotland pavillion and Mel Gibson will do a daily show! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

Where alcohol will be served and Israel will be the neighboring pavillian!:p

Rob562

I would say a few reasons:

1. I think that the powers that be wanted it gone now (obviously).

2. It will take several months to go down. And, F&W is arguably more crowded at Epcot than are August and early September. So, this is a better time than September and October.

3. While not a big deal, you do have earlier sunrises in the morning.

4. This gives them plenty of time while SSE is down to finish this project.

Also, the walkway to the east of Spaceship Earth will most likely remain walled off throughout the construction to allow unimpeded access to the elevator in the mirror column. So they may as well have the crane parked over there now as well.

-Rob

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
Do you realize how much it weighs? Much, much more than you think.
yes, i can imagine. i knwo that they have to get a lot of the small stuff (ei: the letters) out of the way to then dismantle the structure, but 2 letters a day progress will take until the new year. i know that progress will speed up in due time and safety is always the number 1 issue. Sure enough in 3 months time we will have a bare cement slab that reads, former resting place of the dockside crane and maybe, just maybe we wont have a wand thread ever again.

:D

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom