It's not Epcot anymore.. (wand demo pics)

joel_maxwell

Permanent Resident of EPCOT
good shots merf.

i wonder if mousesurplus is bidding on any of this stuff. especially the ride vehicles from SSE. are they replcing the shells or the whole vehicles (frame, axles etc etc)

Thessair

Can't the do this at night!?!

I can only imagine the impact this will have on a child who is making their first trip to Epcot! :cry:

I can't imagine it would have much of an impact at all. It's construction and if it's their first trip I don't imagine the removal of the wand would trigger any sort of emotional damage. People do seem so overly sensitive these days.

mousermerf

Account Suspended
Original Poster
Last pic, also added to the others, just photoshopped..

981305104-unload123.jpg

TestTrack

I shall miss the wand. It was a nice photo opportunity at night.

That's the problem. The WAND shouldn't be the photo opportunity...SSE should. Which is why I am glad this is happening. SSE changing colors is a wonderful "kodak moment"!

I am really excited...we'll finally get some SSE-wand wallpaper goodness. Digital cameras weren't quite all the rage yet when the wand went up...

Plus on my next trip I won't have to just take a picture of half of SSE :)

Stitch69

Iam not sure if I am happy or sad. I wasn't crazy about it when they put it up....but now I am used to it. It's been almost 8 years.

ROEFan88

Having the main attraction of your park down is not good for guest relations...I can see why they would hurry.

Very good point. I can't believe how quickly this is going either though - at this rate you'd expect the thing to be gone by next week!!!

A part of me still can't believe that, after all the many YEARS of bellyaching about this thing, it is now ACTUALLY coming down... while I'm excited to see SSE in its' fully glory, a part of me is sad to see the wand be taken down in daylight, in full view of the guests...

Mansion Butler

It's become Epc. Must be a typo for Epic which is exactly what the wand removal is. Also if they fixed Imagination AGAIN though the right way.

They're going to move the C over and add an I. It's gonna be changed to "EPIC" park, a thrill-oriented ride park.

I know they're going to refurb the Seas ride. Same ride, but it's going to go faster.

And Soarin' will be upside down and you'll fly through EPIC war scenes.

DisneyChik17

They're going to move the C over and add an I. It's gonna be changed to "EPIC" park, a thrill-oriented ride park.

I know they're going to refurb the Seas ride. Same ride, but it's going to go faster.

We could only be so lucky. The faster I get off that thing the happier I will be.

TestTrack

I heard from a CM who had talked to a bus driver who talked to someone VERY CLOSE to an imagineer that they will be adding a Scotland pavillion and Mel Gibson will do a daily show! :sohappy: :sohappy: :sohappy:

sittle

Can't they tear that wand down any faster?? Maybe attach a nice long chain to a fleet of awaiting tanks in the parking lot, and just drag it over to the new Harry Potter section of Universal?

I can't wait to see SSE back to normal again. That is going to look just fabulous!! It's been too long!

imagineer boy

Wow, pictures of the wand's letters have been seen in fake photo shops time and time again, and now its for real. *bursts into tears*

Thanks for the pics merf! Its so beautiful!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom