It's not Epcot anymore.. (wand demo pics)

TestTrack

Can't they tear that wand down any faster?? Maybe attach a nice long chain to a fleet of awaiting tanks in the parking lot, and just drag it over to the new Harry Potter section of Universal?

I can't wait to see SSE back to normal again. That is going to look just fabulous!! It's been too long!

better yet, go over to Disney Studios and ask for crazy harry's help! :hammer:

I assume they havent bothered to black out the windows from the exit of the ride, is how the pics of that area were able to be taken? And isnt that kind of a suprise that they wouldnt block out that view.

That equipment in the 1st pics from up top of the wand appears to be welding gas tanks!!!:sohappy:

naumoney

I was there

At 4 am today when the "o" came down, but i couldn't get a clear picture with my crummy camera in the dark. :mad: But I saw it, then waited another half hour for the "c" to come down, which was a waste, obviously. O well, another night I'll try again. Hopefully i can be there when the front letters come off, then Ican get some good pics.

polarboi

a part of me is sad to see the wand be taken down in daylight, in full view of the guests...

Actually, I think they're taking it down at night, but just weren't able to get all the letters off in one night. I'm assuming we'll have to wait until the park opens tomorrow to see more missing letters.

-p.b. :cool:

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Interestingly, if you check out the weather webcam link that has been posted in a couple of threads http://www.instacam.com/showcam.asp?id=LKBNV&size=L and call up the time lapse view, you can see some activity in the very early morning hours--the lights that are aimed at SSE stay on all night, and although they don't illuminate the top of the sphere, you can see some flashes that must be the sparkles catching that light as the letters are removed. As it starts to get light, you can see the crane move up into it's daytime "resting" position. I set the frequency to 10 minutes (default is one frame per hour) in order to be able to be able to see the action at the top of SSE.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Originally posted by TestTrack:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgraham34
I shall miss the wand. It was a nice photo opportunity at night.

That's the problem. The WAND shouldn't be the photo opportunity...SSE should. Which is why I am glad this is happening. SSE changing colors is a wonderful "kodak moment"!

This exchange made me remember this photo that I took from my balcony at the BCV in August 05, which is the one and only time I ever took a photo of just the wand, but I couldn't resist! :lol:

77880021408_0_ALB.jpg

DisneyDancer312

im leaving for WDW on friday and i wonder if all the letters will be down by then...if not i cant wait to see everyones reactions back home from people who never have been to disney with the pictures we get

a2grafix

Me too...I think it's just the passing of an era. It's like saying goodbye to my teenage years...

Interesting, in my teenage years there was no wand.

The last time I was at EPCOT Center was August 1993 and my next trip is this October (14 years, 2 months -- I know). So the next time I visit the park it will be like nothing really happened to Spaceship Earth, although I hope to get a sneak peak if there are any soft openings when I'm down there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom