how much is too much??

fosse76

I'm bored after a week...that is until I'm actually on my last day. IMO 65 days is too long. I would rather spread my vacation throughout the year...but I agree...even after a short vacation adjusting to normalcy is difficult...I can't imagine two months.

AshaNeOmah

My longest trip is 10-11 days. I could stay longer but would rather save the days for other activities. To the OP: Assuming this is true, have you considered spending portions of that time in other locations? My parents varied our family vacations as a child and I enjoyed them very much.

Deleted comment. I was mistaken on ADRs.

On a side note. My family owns one restaurant and have trouble getting away for a week without closing down. What's your secret to escaping multiple restaurants for 65 days?

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
My longest trip is 10-11 days. I could stay longer but would rather save the days for other activities. To the OP: Assuming this is true, have you considered spending portions of that time in other locations? My parents varied our family vacations as a child and I enjoyed them very much.

As for the meal ressies they can be made 180 days in advance in most cases, I believe. If you're going for 65 days in under a month that only comes up to half the required time. Maybe you should call back and fix the problem?

On a side note. My family owns one restaurant and have trouble getting away for a week without closing down. What's your secret to escaping multiple restaurants for 65 days?
ADR's can now only be made up to 90 days out.

smk

While I love WDW, 65 days is way too much time to spend there IMHO. If you have it and the time away from such a lucrative business then it is your money to spend as you see fit.

IF I had the disposable income that the OP has I might consider spending it on a trip around the world, or ar least make a dent in seeing one country.

The past few days my DH and I have been contemplating a return to WDW for free dining to celebrate our 28th wedding anniversary. We have dear freinds leaving tomorrow for Italy for two weeks and we have started to wonder if our time and money would be better spent going there next year and forgoing a vacation this year, so we are better prepared ($$$) to travel next year. 65 days in one spot that is not home? Hmmmmm....I don't know about that.

GrannyJill2

If you stay that long, you'll have to pay Florida resident taxes, but you'll get to vote in their next election (just kidding).

Have a great trip.

smk

my job i own several restaurants and all the soap in the world lol although buying some food might be a good idea we have been able to do dinning reservations for most of our trip but now they say you can only book so many days in advance
WOW, just saw you are staying at a value resort....better take some room extensions with you, 65 days in one teeny, tiny little space, about 230 square feet! I would go nuts. Once again, IF i was going to stay in one place for awhile I would want the room to spread out. I would stay for a shorter amount of time in a villa. I am thinking we are having our collective legs pulled with this post.:shrug:

tams

Original Poster
ok for all those who say i am pulling the leg we had to make 6 ten day reservations and 1 5 day becouse although you can make 14 day only 10 for park tickets so we did all 10 we went through AAA becouse we get free diamond parking pass. we got the family suite instead of villa becouse its big with kitchen for half the price i just wanted ideas on if too long or what we could do there for that long as far as my business goes i have people to run it for me.

hansel1

As to your original question. yes, 65 days is too long.

a few weeks would be ideal so you could do everything you wanted.

A month and you could do everything you wanted.......twice.

Auroragirl

WOW! Thats one long vacation. I think I'd get 'tired' of being on vacation.... :brick: I'm sure I'd want to go home after 2 or 3 weeks. How do you think your kids will do? Did you get park tix for all 65 days? If you think that you'll enjoy yourself, then go for it. Its already paid for.

Boray

I don't think I could do 65 days anywhere, but home. It's just too long for me. Are you leaving the day after your kids get out of school, or are they missing the end of the school year? My kids are in school until June 11 and I see you're leaving in 27 days. I guess Summer vacation is the best time to take a 65 day vacation. Have fun! :wave:

Figment632

In less than a month we are going to the world for 65 days with the kids is this too long we are getting cold feet the longest time we stayed was a month. Any advice ??

The range of my emotions after reading this

:eek: :dazzle::eek::mad::(:eek::fork::eek:

Have fun and I guess youll have enough time for Seaworld and Universal, and Kennedy Space Center.

tams

Original Poster
we are leaving the day the day my son gets done with school we got all but 5 days worth of park tickets but we will more unlikely go to town do some other things as well i am hoping we can sleep in not worry about being in a hurry take things slow relax with this many days we could lie by the pool even stay in a day or 2 just have a relaxing time not running all the time anyways

Disneykidder

65 days...wow. the family suite is nice...we stayed there this past summer. there is no stove, so keep that in mind. there is a microwave, sink, fridge and ample storage but no stove to do some cooking. take many snacks, magazines and things to do. I am a big Disney fan and we lovvve the parks but I don't think I could do that long of a trip. I agree, though, lounge at the pool, go to the water parks, play mini-golf, go to the mall, Downtown Disney, drive the coast, go to beaches and enjoy yourselves. 60 park passes is still a bit much, but with that many, you could just go in for a meal, a show, a ride or a stroll to see the fireworks.
Let us know how it all goes.

Try to get a newspaper every now and then to stay in touch with us real worlders...hehe.:)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom