how much is too much??

SleepingMonk

Uh oh.....65 days in a value resort?

I need to change my answer now as THAT would be the biggest problem with the trip.

Not a fan of the value resorts.

tams

Original Poster
well we figured that out now lol but at the time it started at 10 days then we just kept adding weeks we are trying to call AAA and see if we can change that or not will let you all know

wdwfan100

I was not real clear in my previous posts. I would absolutely go to WDW for 65 days if I had the time. If I can sit at my house for 65 days and not get bored, I certainly can do it at WDW. You are right about not rushing, you have plenty of time. Several pool days, water parks, mini golf, theme parks, golf, boat rentals, horse back riding, shopping, eating. Oh yeah. I could fill 65 days and still hate to leave at the end. I hope you and your family have a blast. I can only hope I get the same chance one day.

magicmaya

65 days...wow. the family suite is nice...we stayed there this past summer. there is no stove, so keep that in mind. there is a microwave, sink, fridge and ample storage but no stove to do some cooking. take many snacks, magazines and things to do. I am a big Disney fan and we lovvve the parks but I don't think I could do that long of a trip. I agree, though, lounge at the pool, go to the water parks, play mini-golf, go to the mall, Downtown Disney, drive the coast, go to beaches and enjoy yourselves. 60 park passes is still a bit much, but with that many, you could just go in for a meal, a show, a ride or a stroll to see the fireworks.
Let us know how it all goes.

Try to get a newspaper every now and then to stay in touch with us real worlders...hehe.:)

Maybe the could live off of hungry man diners:) The fried chicken is good

scheat

Sounds like you've got the disposable income and the time. I think it's cool-gonna be tough coming back to the real world though.

LoriMistress

Two weeks is the most that DH and I could probably take. A month or longer would drive us crazy and probably have us start hating the world.

Lee

Adventurer
I'm still having a hard time getting my head around the expense.
The room alone is what...around 10K? Geez.
Plus tickets, plus food, plus activities, plus merchandise....
Wow....:dazzle:

SeaBreeze

I'm still having a hard time getting my head around the expense.
The room alone is what...around 10K? Geez.
Plus tickets, plus food, plus activities, plus merchandise....
Wow....:dazzle:

I know! :eek: I can't even grasp how much that must cost!

If I had the time and money, I'd go and conquer Australia. I only have 3 weeks and a very limited budget and that's where I'm going :lol:

jonesenon4

:hammer:come on guys he must own a seafood resturant because this is smelling awfully fishey. i mean i love disney as much as anyone but 65 days with food ,lodging and tix your talking 40 or 50 thousand dollars. if they really were staying that long there are plenty of condos for rent.but then again this is just my opinion.:hammer:

toystory 3

That sounds like one crazy trip!! I want to know how you could consistently stay there for so long.... I would have to resort hop!

goodtimes5286

Why are you not just buying annual passes for such a long stay?
DAMN good idea, i didn't think about that. You'll save like 1000 bucks PER PERSON.

Secondly for everyone saying hes staying too long, take a step back. Maybe for YOU he's staying too long, but you dont know who he is or what type of person he is. I bet there are people who live in disney 365, different strokes for different folks.

If you have the financial means then good for you, just make sure you get the BEST AP and youll still save mega bucks! Trust me if i was financially stable, id b doing the same thing (except id b rotating hotels, pop, movies, n sports). If you think you, your kids, or your wife might be spending a lot of time at the hotel, you might want to take the advice and switch, but not your hotel switch to multiple hotels. My advice, take a week at each hotel b/c even if it doesnt get stale for you, it might get stale for your family.

My advice (crap i used that word 2x :() is Contempory, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Wilderness lodge, all star music, pop century, the caribean beach resort pirate room, coranado springs, fort wilderness resort and campground (they have cabins), one of the hotels on the boardwalk. That way you can get a real feel for disney and go home with a TON of different experiences AND knowing which hotels you want to see more of in the future (and which ones you wernt happy with, without being stuck with them for 65 DAYS). You might wanna call back and haggle with them a bit, bad economy, 65 days in the world.......yep they're gonna treat you right :)

AshaNeOmah

:hammer:come on guys he must own a seafood resturant because this is smelling awfully fishey. i mean i love disney as much as anyone but 65 days with food ,lodging and tix your talking 40 or 50 thousand dollars. if they really were staying that long there are plenty of condos for rent.but then again this is just my opinion.:hammer:

I'm glad someone else brought it up first. 65 days isn't practical regardless of the amount of money you have. Just rent a condo for 2 months... I know I have less than a dozen posts here but I call shenanigans!

wdwfan100

Practical or not, I would stay on the park for 2 months if I could get that much time of work and afford it. Heck I could rent a condo now too. It would be cheaper than a week at the Poly. People stay on the park, not because it is a good deal. But because it is on the park. Regardless of time. Even if th OP is not telling the truth ( and at this point I believe he is) the point for me is that this is not an unreasonable amount of time to stay if it is with in your means to do so. More power to him.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom