How many times

bobjl527

My first visit to WDW was July 1976. I was 5 years old and I remember it all very well. Just to show the effect WDW has on a kid; I can remember practically every part of that trip and I can't remember my first day of kindergarten 2 months later at all. Does anyone remember the carts that sold fruit juice in plastic bottles shaped like real fruit? I still have a plastic orange and plastic bunch of grapes somewhere at my fathers house. We drove down with my mom, my sister and two family friends. We stayed at a Days Inn in Kissimmee. The Magic Kingdom was still in it's infancy at this time. What progress I have seen.
Since then, I have gone 10 more times. Most of the time we stayed at Vistana. In 2000 and 2001 we stayed at The Swan. I worked for Starwood Resorts at that time and was able to stay there for $69 a night!
We plan on returning to WDW in October 2008. The wife and I have discovered October to be the perfect time of year to go.

goofntink

I was bored one day and actually tried to figure it out. With visits with my family from the 70's and 80's,up to when I got my 1st annual pass that I could actually drive to the parks myself and use, I came up with 1,132 visits. This amount does not account for when I worked for WDW in high school. or working there doing construction,or vacations.Our son who will be 17 months old Feb 1st will be making his 114 visit to WDW on Saturday.:D

packrat

My first trip was end of Oct. beginning of Nov. 1999, first for my oldest daughter too. My wife had been a number of times with her family. Went back last year which was first time for the youngest daughter. stayed off site both times. going back this year end of Feb beginning of March (same as last year) and splitting time on and off site.

dandaman

10 trips for two full weeks, 2 trips for one full week, and 2 for a couple of days. (My last trip was a single day at Epcot.) By my calculations I've spent approximately 3% of my entire life on Disney property. :D

lilmagic

I've been 7 times. My first time going to WDW was I think in '95. And I've stayed at All-Star Music, Coronda Springs, and Port Orleans Riverside.:animwink:

sweetpee_1993

My 1st trip I was just short of 2 years old, had to have been early 1976. Went again in 1977 just before my parents got divorced. Mom & boyfriend #1 took us again in 1978. Mom remarried and we moved to Orlando in 1981 just before I turned 7. Grandparents came and took us all to 'the world' in early 1982. I remember touring the Epcot preview thing they had set up on Main Street. I also recall at the start of 3rd grade, fall 1982, all the hub-bub about Epcot opening. One of my little girlfriend's father was an engineer that worked on the SSE structure. He joked with her a lot about how on opening day the Jolly Green Giant was coming to tee off that big golf ball. I went to Epcot the 1st time in spring 1983 when my dad came into town to visit. When I was 11 or so we had the old 3-season-salute passes (good for only the 3 slowest months of the year which were January, March or May, and September). We would go every weekend during our pass months. Seems like we had the passes a number of years. After that the only trips I made to Disney were when my schools had field trips out to Epcot.

As an adult I took the hubby for a short weekend for his very first trip in 1999. I know it was just before the millenium celebration because that was the 1st time I saw the notorious wand. That was an awesome trip. It was neat to see WDW thru the eyes of a person who didn't get it and then watch the transformation.

In January 2004 we took our sons for the 1st time. That was incredible. Since then we've been in January/early February 2005, 2006, & 2007. We took the boys again in early December 2007.

Next trip: DH and me all by our lonesome! WooHoo! May 10-17. Can't wait.

Think we're getting ready to throw down some dates in early December this year. Not sure of hotel yet. Hoping that we'll be on our way to DVC ownership in time. :)

first trip, 1971, as of today 45 trips, tomorrow morning @ 8:52 we'll be departing for the "House of the Mouse", we'll be landing @11:48. trip number 46 and counting.:sohappy:

VoiceGuy07

I think the first trip was in the 70's but the first trip I remember was 1983 - was about 13 yrs old. Took some time off then married a DW. Since then have been to WDW on average 2 times each year - she got me hooked!!!

We've stayed at every resort except Port Orleans, Wilderness Lodge, and the Boardwalk. Everyone at work thinks we're nuts but comes to us looking for help when they're heading to Disney.

havoc

i have had the priveledge of growing up in the central florida area
had an annual pass every year since 1987 with the exception of 1996 (universal annual pass) we did approx. 600 trips during this time.

from what the madre says we went about 30-40 times from 1983 and 1987
also been there at least 2 times a week this past year

rough guestimation 700+ trips (could be more, will have to do more research)... with a stay at ft wilderness in 1992 and the contemporary in 1990

my name is havoc and i'm an addict

lincicome

My first trip was in 1972, I was 3 months old, and the parents took us at least once a year(usually at christmas) up through the 80's when they were taking us in the summer for a week too, and into the 90's. In 95 when I graduated College I would do it on my own at least once a year and now that I have a family, I took my wife for the first time in 2003 for the first time and have taken her every year since. My daughter turns 1 on Saturday and she has been to Disneyland (at 7 months, first ride was nemo's subs) and the world (at 11 months first ride was Jungle Cruise) for a week.

I would estimate I have been 50+ times maybe more and have stayed at Contemporary, Poly, LBV Treehouses, Dixie Landings and PORiverside, Pop, All Star Music, Wilderness Lodge, Coranado(sp), Caribbean Beach, Grosvenor, Hojo's, Hilton and several offsite's.

RedGear

i wish I could say that I have gone more then 5 times, coming up on my 6th in April, but I live too far away. I know if I lived closer, then I would be there all the freakin time!!!! don't feel bad for going too much, I think all of us wish we could go more!

The Raven

My first trip was last year in January 07.
I just got back from my second trip two days ago. Both times we stayed at Pop Century.

DonaldDuck34

I've been 12 times and i'm only 17 and I live in Rhode Island. My family used to go every year but then we went like every other year. Now this year I'm going in May with my school and then 3 days after graduation I'm going with my friends for our senior trip so that will make it 14 by June.:D

PigletIsMyCat

First time, October 9th, 2004 for our honeymoon. Stayed at Animal Kingdom Lodge. Second time, Sept 26th, 2005 for our kind of early first anniversary, stayed at Pop for the first and last time. Third time, February 2nd, 2006, where I convinced my parents to celebrate the 20th anniversary of their divorce with a family trip - me and my brother's first family trip, aged 22 and 26. We stayed at Saratoga Springs. May of 2006, fourth trip, combined with looking for a place to live. Stayed with friends.

Then we moved to Central Florida in June of 2006. I've worked for the company, my mom works for the company, and we've been there 80+ times, not including our first four vacations. Quite possibly more than 80 times. Possibly alot more.... but it's hard to keep track.

Guess why we moved to Florida. I mean, aside from the lack of snow and ice.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom