How many times

wickedfan07

First trip to the World: 1992. Age: 3
I obviously don't remember this one, but my parewnts have a picture of me somewhere, where I'mstanding in front of the Castle, pointing at it and my mouth is wide open. My mouth was open because I was talking like a nutcase about neat it was. Guess you could say I was hooked right then and there.

I've been to WDW 5 more times since then: 1994, 1996, 1999 and 2007 were family trips. 2006 was my high school band trip. For the family trips, we've always stayed at a timeshare off-property, since we owned two in Florida at the time (one was a gift, the other we bought), so those trips were spent either at what's now Liki Tiki Village and Sunterra's Polynesian Isles. I stayed at the All Star Music Resort on the band trip in 2006 and loved it.

I don't really remember the 1994 trip at all. I remember seeing the Castle Cake in 1996 and thinking it was the coolest thing. Then I tried to figure out how they did it, and I bugged the heck out of my parents by asking them about it very chance I got. I remmeber being at a MVMCP in either 1996 or 1999. I remember loving RoE in 1999 and getting my aunt to buy me the soundtrack. (I still have that original CD.) And I remember seeing the Wand from the monorail in 1999 and wanting pictures of it because I thought it was the coolest thing since the Castle Cake back then. (When it was still there in 2006, I was VERY surprised.) The 2006 trip got me hooked on Disney all over again, but this time because I was old enough to understand and appreciate all of the work that goes into it day after day.

PhilharMagician

First trip was in 1993 and we stayed in CBR. It was many years before we could afford going back. Our next trip was in Oct 2003 with our 4 y/o DD. Since then we have been 7 times and typically try to stay for 2 weeks. Being DVC members helps us to spend long vacations at WDW and relax. We spent 35 days at WDW in 2005 alone, and that is quite an accomplishment coming from upstate NY.

We have stayed at AKL, WL, WLV, SSR, CBR, CSR and OKW during our visits.

Ilovewishes

My first trip was for my 8th birthday in '92. Then again with the family in November 05, (both times we stayed in a villa in kissimee) back again March '06 with my husband for our honeymoon where i fell in love with the Wilderness Lodge. Then we went this March for our one year anniversary and stayed at Coronado Springs and again this September before he goes away to Basra and we stayed in All Stars Music. Not bad considering we have to come all the way across from England and it has cost us a small fortune with each visit! :ROFLOL:

MichWolv

Born Modest. Wore Off.
Premium Member
Like my signature says, my first trip was in 1973, December. I was 5, my sister turned 3 while we were there. My parents took us and my grandmother. We drove from Detroit. I remember little of the trip, but do remember a few things from it. Stayed in the Contemporary in a garden wing.

I have returned on average once a year (probably a bit more often) since then, despite never living any closer to WDW than Washington DC. Pretty much all variety of trips.

I have been with my parents and sister, with just my sister, with a group of friends, by myself, with 3 different girlfriends, with my wife, and, recently, with my wife and son.

Although money isn't an issue, I rarely wind up staying in a Deluxe resort. I just always decide that there are better things to spend it on. So I've stayed at the Contemporary several times, CBR, Dixie Landings (which is still what I call it), a Treehouse Villa, a Fairway Villa, all three All-stars, and once at a Boardwalk Villa. I've stayed at all manner of offsite places, from a Days Inn on 192, to condos in time-share developments, to 3 or 4 bedroom rental houses (my preference for off-site stays).

I've been for two full weeks several times, weekend trips, a day or two tacked onto a business trip, and once, I even dropped by on the way from a meeting in Fort Lauderdale to a wedding in Tampa for just long enough to ride ToT twice.

doop

My first trip was at the end of March into April of 1997, and since then we've gone 4 times after that which brings the grand total to 5 times. Unfortunately, I've only gotten the opportunity to stay at one Disney resort: All Star Sports.

I'd like to move to the Central Florida area after college and perhaps start a career at Disney if all goes well.

New2WDW

First trip with family was in August 2003 and my girls were 6 and 3 and we stayed at ASMovies! We were soooo hooked we went back Feb 2004 again at ASMovies.

3rd time Oct. 2004 ASMovies
4th time Oct. 2005 POP Century
5th time Oct. 2006 ASMovies
6th time Oct. 2007 ASMovies
and we are lined up for FREE DINING for Oct. 2008! :sohappy:

LowesChevy

When I turned 2 in 1983 my parents started taking me and my brother every year sometimes twice a year. So it has been about 30 times for me:). We stayed at the Contemporary, Poly, GF, Yacht & Beach Club, the Disney Institute, Old Key West, and Saratoga Springs.

Eyekimore

1- First trip 1986 with Mom and two brothers
2- Times visited 30+ (I got married in 1999 to a Disney fan - we go 3+ times a year)
3- We've stayed at the following ASMusic, ASSports, POP, POR, CBR, Contemporary, WL, WLV, BC, BCV, BW, Poly, Swan, Dolphin, AKL, FW, and some of the ones on the DTD strip.

Next trip-:sohappy: 12/26/07 BCV

coltow

Mt parents took us for the 1st time in May 1983. We went every spring until 1987. The we began to go in the summer for 2-3 weeks from 87-91. I then went sometimes with friends, sometimes with family for the next few years and sometimes even went 2ce a year. We always stayed off site as my grandparents had a condo in Kissimmee. I took (now) DH for the first time in 1998 and it was the first time on site. We honeymooned there 2 year later. Tried Universal for a change in 2002, with 2 days at WDW. DS had his 1st trip in 2004, and we also went in 05 and 06. DS #2 was born in March and we are planning his first trip for next summer....so if I try to now add it all up it's close to 30 trips in 23 years.

KeeKee

First visit - 1979
WDW employee - 5 years
Visits as a guest - 500 +
Future visits - As many as I can manage!

MojoMax

I have been a lucky guy. I first went as a kid in the year it opened. I went again in like 1985. Then things really took off. My wife and I were married in 1996 and we went there on our honeymoon. Little did we know we would move to Florida for work reasons in 2000. Now we have a child and annual passes. We live roughly 3 hrs south and we go tons. I would say we have been now maybe 23 times in our lives. I cannot believe there is still Magic there after that many times, but trust me, Once that Mouse gets ya, you are hooked. :D

Eyorefan

Well, the first time I went was in 1985 for my 4th birthday. We ate with the characters on the Empirees Lily. We went every year after that until 1991 when outside forces took over. During that time we stayed at a hotel in DTD (I think it was the Marriott) a few times, Dixie Landings, Contemparary and then our last trip we stayed at Carribean Beach.

After 1991 we had a family reunion in Disney world in 2000 and stayed off site with family. Since I got my first real job in 2004 I have gone 5 times. We have stayed at WL, PORS, Poly 2x and GF. This year was the first time I have been twice in a year, and I am already planing 2 trips for next year and I hope to squeez another one in there somewhere.

I Loved going as a kid, but I love taking my DD now and I think I love it more than I did back in the day.

WTBAD

The first time was in June of 94 with my wife, son (15) and two daughters ( 10 & 4). We stayed at GF. Second trip was in June 99 at AS Movies. Since then it's been every June at AS Movies or Music from 2000 to 2004. Then in Dec 04 we stayed at Sports, June 05 at POP's, July 05 at FQ (anniversary trip - no kids), Dec 05 at FQ, Feb 06 at FQ, June 06 at POP's, Nov 06 at POP's & last trip was June 07 at POP's. That's 15 trips, and we still count the days until our next trip in Nov. ( 26 days)

macsmom

First trip - Feb/March 1977 Senior class trip - most of the class had never been out of South Jersey. I'm a world traveler ;)

Second trip - July 1999 - my son was 16 and we stayed on International Drive at a Holiday Inn Express

Third trip - July 2004 - stayed off-site at a Motel 6 near a McDonald's somewhere with a friend.

Fourth trip - October 2006 - first time on-site! Stayed at the POP and had a great time with two of my friends.

Fifth trip - September 2007 - been home about a month and stayed at the POP again. I absolutely had a great time. Went solo and had my first character meals and a couple of other firsts. Can't wait to go back!

danna

PeoplemoverTTA

First trip: July 1986, with twin brother, sister, mom, and dad.

Total # of trips: approximately 30

Memorable Trips: 1988, celebrated my birthday on the Empress Lilly (just ate at Fulton's Crab House two weeks ago...first time back!), 1996, high school band trip, performed in EPCOT for Magic Music Days, 2001 and 2002, visited with my brother and best friend, who has since passed away

Hotels: Off-site (in 1986), Viscount (now BW on Hotel Plaza Blvd), Off-site (1990), Ramada across from celebration (can't remember what it was called in '96 for my band trip), Contemporary, Polynesian, Wilderness Lodge, OKW, Yacht Club, Caribbean Beach, POFQ, Pop Century, ASMusic, ASSports (most of these numerous times).

Other memorable Disney vacations: July 2002 - First trip to DL, March/April 2006 - grand prize McDonald's trip to DL, December 2005/Jan. 2006 - Sister's graduation present, trip to DL, October 2003 - sister's birthday trip to DL, January 2004 - first trip to DLP

I too, have been an AP for several years and hope to relocate to Orlando (heck, I'd save money!). Unfortunately, it has been very difficult trying to find a job in the Orlando area (I've also tried Tampa). I have a BA and I am finishing my MS now (I would rate my resume a 90, because I'm only 27 and I don't have 10 years of experience, but I do have some very valuable experience, IMO), but most companies simply don't want to deal with someone trying to relocate...and I can't get an apartment without a job...ah, a vicious cycle. Any Orlando locals who know of jobs in Communications/Public Relations (or anything that'll pay my bills, frankly), let me know :)

kirst_al UK

Don't be sad, at least you've gone, think of how many who say they will never go and never have the fun we've had. :D

Totally agree - i'm not ungreatful, the total opposite.

If there was one place that i wish my parents had taken me when i was younger it would've been WDW - even if it meant i had no more holidays - unfortunately it just wasn't possible.

Easy for to say that looking back - sure i wouldn't have agreed with it @ 5 years old mind :shrug: !!!

Phonedave

First time was in the summer of '84 - then a long dry spell :D

Then again about 4 years ago. I can't keep track of the trips (some were one or two day "stop by's" while on business. I am going to say 9 or 10 times since then.

POP, ASM, PO:R, CB, and SSR so far.

-dave

betharina

my first trip was in 1993-Polynesian
1994-old key west
1995-port orleans and old key west
1996-old key west
1997-old key west
1998-old key west
1999-coronado springs and old key west
2000-dixie landings and old key west
2001-old key west
2002-saddest year of my life:cry:
2003-dixie landings(okay port orleans riverside)
2004-saratoga springs
2005-saratoga springs
2006-old key west
2007-saratoga springs(37 days to go and will be taking my son for the first time!)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom