How many times

DABIGCHEEZ

Went when I was kid w/ parents and stayed off-site in '76....... then not until 91 with girlfriend and all the future in-laws and stayed at Guest Quarters (Hotel Blvd.).... then in 94 with same future wife, mom-in-law,aunt-in-law and wifes cousins at Guest Quarters(Doubletree now I think)... Then not until 00 when son was 13 months... stayed at ALLSTAR MOVIES. Then every year since at: 01- AS MOVIES, 02- AS MOVIES, 03- POP CENTURY(Bought DVC), 04-OKW, 05-OKW, 06-SSR, 07-BCV.

Oh and as if I had to say we have had a blast every year.

CThaddeus

1. Feb-Mar. 1996. It was also the best trip, as I got to experience a more EPCOT Epcot. Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination...I fell so in love with that Park. It would have been perfect if World of Motion and Ellen's Energy Adventure had been open. I now hold a slight grudge against my parents for never taking me to Disney World as a child (I was 25 in 1996)
2. Feb. 2000 - Epcot was a little more disappointing, but Animal Kingdom was now around so there was even more to do.
3. Sept. 2002 - Brought my future wife with me for our anniversary. Insanely humid, insanely rainy. I swore I'd never go during that time of year again.
4. May 2006 - Brought some friends and their kids. Their first time. It was fun seeing their reactions to everything and comparing it with Disneyland. But, it was also extremely taxing. I don't think I could do it with children again!
5. Nov-Dec 2006 - Seeing all of the Christmas decorations and shows made it all worthwhile, as did Wonders of Life being open one last time. I spent a ton of time in there. Too bad I may never get to again.
6. Sep-Oct 2007 - I said I'd never go at this time of year again, but when Epcot's 25th rolled around and Martin Smith said he'd be there, you bet I would make an exception. My second favorite trip, especially because I also took tours at The Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I've never stayed on property, as I cannot justify $70 a night or more for a hotel room when I can get one for $29 a night 5 minutes down the road. That money can better be used on a rental car, souvenirs, and tours.

DisneyGigi

1. Feb-Mar. 1996. It was also the best trip, as I got to experience a more EPCOT Epcot. Horizons, Journey Into Imagination, Spaceship Earth, Journey Into Imagination...I fell so in love with that Park. It would have been perfect if World of Motion and Ellen's Energy Adventure had been open. I now hold a slight grudge against my parents for never taking me to Disney World as a child (I was 25 in 1996)
2. Feb. 2000 - Epcot was a little more disappointing, but Animal Kingdom was now around so there was even more to do.
3. Sept. 2002 - Brought my future wife with me for our anniversary. Insanely humid, insanely rainy. I swore I'd never go during that time of year again.
4. May 2006 - Brought some friends and their kids. Their first time. It was fun seeing their reactions to everything and comparing it with Disneyland. But, it was also extremely taxing. I don't think I could do it with children again!
5. Nov-Dec 2006 - Seeing all of the Christmas decorations and shows made it all worthwhile, as did Wonders of Life being open one last time. I spent a ton of time in there. Too bad I may never get to again.
6. Sep-Oct 2007 - I said I'd never go at this time of year again, but when Epcot's 25th rolled around and Martin Smith said he'd be there, you bet I would make an exception. My second favorite trip, especially because I also took tours at The Magic Kingdom and Epcot.

I've never stayed on property, as I cannot justify $70 a night or more for a hotel room when I can get one for $29 a night 5 minutes down the road. That money can better be used on a rental car, souvenirs, and tours.

I didn't know you could get a room for $29 a night anywhere! I paid more to stay offsite our first 3 trips than to stay (at a value) at Disney (of course it was bigger offsite but still....)

CThaddeus

I didn't know you could get a room for $29 a night anywhere! I paid more to stay offsite our first 3 trips than to stay (at a value) at Disney (of course it was bigger offsite but still....)

The magic of Priceline! They're not 3-star hotels, but they're a place to put your stuff, sleep, and shower (and often free breakfast and wireless internet). That's all I need at a hotel.

DisneyGigi

The magic of Priceline! They're not 3-star hotels, but they're a place to put your stuff, sleep, and shower (and often free breakfast and wireless internet). That's all I need at a hotel.

As long as it is clean I am ok... we are never there but to sleep and shower, we stay at the parks the whole time
I had thought of doing the name your own price but was afraid I would get stuck too far away. Is that what you do? (sorry for being off topic of the original post)

CThaddeus

As long as it is clean I am ok... we are never there but to sleep and shower, we stay at the parks the whole time
I had thought of doing the name your own price but was afraid I would get stuck too far away. Is that what you do? (sorry for being off topic of the original post)

Definitely. It's worth a look to see what others might be offering at the time (last time I actually went through Expedia because I found a $29 hotel and knew they would have free breakfast and wireless internet ahead of time). As long as you try to stick to the 192 you're usually within 10 minutes of the Parks. On Priceline, just limit it to the Kissimmee area, and you should be good. It also depends a lot on what time of year you go whether or not you'll get such a decent rate. I've only been in the "off-season" so I'm sure they'll not be willing to settle for so little in say, July or the end of December. I love to use them for car rentals ($11 to $13 a day usually) and, when my plans are flexible, I've gotten some great air deals, too (in 2000 I got a roundtrip to Disney World for $125 from LA). It's not for everyone, as there's a lot of uncertainty involved, but I've never been let down yet (the room from Expedia was actually the worst I've ever gotten, not Priceline!). My best advice: start with a 3 star option on the name your own price, and if they don't go for it, you can always drop to 2 1/2 or 2. You can PM me if you'd like any other information.

PeoplemoverTTA

Definitely. It's worth a look to see what others might be offering at the time (last time I actually went through Expedia because I found a $29 hotel and knew they would have free breakfast and wireless internet ahead of time). As long as you try to stick to the 192 you're usually within 10 minutes of the Parks. On Priceline, just limit it to the Kissimmee area, and you should be good. It also depends a lot on what time of year you go whether or not you'll get such a decent rate. I've only been in the "off-season" so I'm sure they'll not be willing to settle for so little in say, July or the end of December. I love to use them for car rentals ($11 to $13 a day usually) and, when my plans are flexible, I've gotten some great air deals, too (in 2000 I got a roundtrip to Disney World for $125 from LA). It's not for everyone, as there's a lot of uncertainty involved, but I've never been let down yet (the room from Expedia was actually the worst I've ever gotten, not Priceline!). My best advice: start with a 3 star option on the name your own price, and if they don't go for it, you can always drop to 2 1/2 or 2. You can PM me if you'd like any other information.

I, too, have had a lot of success with Priceline (never for "official" WDW trips, though, but for job interviews in Orlando and "passing through"-type stays where I still dropped in the parks). At the end of July, I got 3 nights at the Sheraton Safari (next to Crossroads, about 5 minutes from DTD) for $59 a night (rack rate was $200 on the website). I had to extend my stay, and again used Priceline...got the Radisson (across from Celebration) also for $59 a night (although, IMO, not as nice as the Sheraton). Both hotels were "3 Star" and I only selected the Kissimmee area...now, this was still peak season (the last week of July to August 2); however, if you wait until the last minute, you're almost always going to get lower rates (having previously worked in hotels, I can say with some certainty that many hotels would rather "give" rooms away to increase occupancy rather than have them sit empty. Might not make much sense, but occupancy rates are key in hotels). So, if you're booking way in advance, you will likely have trouble getting a really low rate, since there is still time for the rooms to fill. But, hedging your bets that the occupancy rates are low, last minute deals can be extremely good on Priceline (also used it recently for Toronto, and got 2 adjoining rooms at the Sheraton in the heart of Downtown Toronto, on Queen St. I believe, for $79 each....rack rate was nearly $300 a night!).

Got my rental car from Avis for $15 a day. Used a free flight earned from my Southwest Rapid Rewards...ended up being a cheap week (even got the job offer....then turned it down :cry:. Now, I'm still looking for a job in Buffalo and getting ready for *sigh* another winter....you win some, you lose some).

My family really likes staying on-property, but I can see us taking advantage of Priceline down the road (maybe when I get married and have my own family). I definitely agree with CThaddeus on this one :wave:.

MojoMax

First trip - Feb/March 1977 Senior class trip - most of the class had never been out of South Jersey. I'm a world traveler ;)

Second trip - July 1999 - my son was 16 and we stayed on International Drive at a Holiday Inn Express

Third trip - July 2004 - stayed off-site at a Motel 6 near a McDonald's somewhere with a friend.

Fourth trip - October 2006 - first time on-site! Stayed at the POP and had a great time with two of my friends.

Fifth trip - September 2007 - been home about a month and stayed at the POP again. I absolutely had a great time. Went solo and had my first character meals and a couple of other firsts. Can't wait to go back!

danna

I gotta say as well.... GO MIZZOU!

jim1051

We went the first time in 1983 when kids were 4, 7 , and 11. We went back in 86 and 89. Then we bought DVC in 1999 and have been back, 2000, 2001, 2002 2003, 2005 (2X), 2006. the last couple trips were with "children" and grandchildren. We just love it.

lisak09

My husband first went in 1994 ( he was actually there for the Soccer World Cup), he stayed at Holiday Inn Idrive.
We went in 2001, it was his 2nd trip, my first, and our eldest daughter,s first trip, she was 6 at the time. Holiday Inn Idrive.
Last trip was 2007, husbands 3rd, my 2nd, eldest daughter,s 2nd and our youngest daughter,s first! She was five.Holiday Inn Idrive.

Heading back this year, Doubletree Castle Idrive.

mdjbenkert

Taking a stroll down amnesia lane...my first trip was when I was 8, back in 1984. My Grandparents lived near Tampa, so we would spend the day in Mk then a day in EPCOT Center. Since then I have been probably 50ish times, with the last trip this past January. My first time staying in property was in 1996 when we decided to take my Boy Scout Troop. I have stayed in FW, all 3 All-stars, CBR, Polly, VWL, SSR, and GF.

DisneyWales

My first trip was in 2002. Since then ive had 10 entries onto the USA. However in total ive spent a total of 26 weeks on the Orlando Area (we try to visit for 2-3 weeks at a time).

The longest was 4 weeks, two weeks with family, then my BF flew over for two weeks so i stayed with him.

Laura

Premium Member
Ok, the last couple of threads have peaked my interest, why we love WDW whats your favorite what ever. Well here's another one in 2 parts. 1, when did you first go to WDW? And 2, how many times have you gone since then? For us, our first visit was in November of 1997, sons were 1 1/2, and just about 4. Fought with the wife tooth and nail because I thought it was too much. And since have gone 16 times with 17 coming up on the 7th of next month. :D:D I know there are a number of people here who have gone alot more, but lets face it we all go for pretty much the same reasons. :wave:
PS; forgot to mention where did you stay. All Star Music

Here's my complete trip list to the best of my ability. Trip #22 starts on Monday. My first trip was in 1982 when I was 7 months old and we stayed at Fort Wilderness.

http://forums.wdwmagic.com/blog.php?b=154

normdisney

Went on our Honeymoon in 1977. Stayed at the Poly. Going in May this will be our 65 or 66 trip :ROFLOL: Watch our kids grow up with the place!

DVC since 1992!

103 days to go !

Sil

yo, my first time was in 1998 when i was 15, then went again in 01 and 02, and goin for the 4th time in may. stayed/ing offsite each time, this will be the first time im legally allowed to drink too, hello epcot bring on the mexican margaritas.

will341

I will be going back this year for my 18th time and it was just my 17th birthday ! We stay at the Beach Club and when we joined the Vacation Club maybe 5 years ago we started staying at the Beach Club Villas. When i was younger we stayed at the Grand Floridian and then me and my dad stayed at Old Key West once for a short trip for me and him. The Beach Club is my favorite resort.

WDW-LUVR

The first time I went home was 1985 as child with my parents, stayed off site. Then took my husband for his first time 1998 and have gone annual since. We have stay at all the Value resorts and PORiverside.

Mikester71

First trip for me was a 7 day stay, March 2005. I was 34 at the time and never did get to go as a kid. My wife had been as a child, but it was cool to go as a family and be able to take our kids while they were still young. We went back last March again for 10 days and plan on going back next year in March for another 10 days. We stayed at Pop Century and will be again next year.:sohappy:

k.hunter30

Wow... I couldn't tell you the first time I went to WDW... it was after I went to DL I know that. Probably in the mid 80s...?

I've been to WDW 18 times since then, DL 7 times and DLParis once. :sohappy:

Recently, we've mostly chosen to stay at either POFQ or the Poly.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom