Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit?

AndyP

this is absolutely no different than what I said... and if you think so, either I wasn't clear enough, or you interpreted it wrong... either way, I agree with you... but for someone to say that the train could gain the potential to travel at full speed without consideration for the kinetic and potential energies of the full climb/gravity influnce is wrong.. like I said... if the first 'drop' was 25% of the inital climb, you would spend/transfer 25% of the energy transfered into the train.. if there was a second drop that covered the remaining 75%, it would absorb the last remaining kinetic energy.... without another lift, or grade change, there is zero chance of converting more energy than achieved at the initial lift into kinetic energy..

And btw... I DO know what I'm talking about..

I did say that as far as I can see that you seemed to generally have the right idea, and I'm sure that you do know what you're talking about in your own mind, what bothered me is the way you wrote to the other posters on here while at the same time making mistakes in what you are writing as I pointed out in my previous post. I can now see what you meant but simply reading what you wrote did not explain the physics correctly which is what you seemed to be trying to correct in the first place.

I have realised that by grade you mean the elevation of the base of the track in comparison to the base of the initial lift hill, fair enough, you can forget my previous comments on that bit.

Again sorry if I seemed harsh and seemed to accuse you of not knowing what you're talking about, its just it would have been nicer if you had explained what the correct reasons to any previous poster without all the capitalised corrections of what they had put in order to emphasise your point and then also writing in such a way that the physics is not correctly explained anyway.

JROK

Dear Universal Creative,

It has come to my attention that you have neglected to include a Classical/Film category for your new ride, "Hollywood Rip Ride Rockit". Please correct this oversight as soon as possible.

Best Regards,
Dan Smith

I'd assume the ride is quite easily upgraded... Probably nothing more than flashing a computer on each ride vehicle... I'd guess that the songs will be updated once a year or so based upon their popularity (I'm sure they'll have statistics for each song so they know what's being selected)... Maybe they'll add an additional category in the future? Hardest part would be updating the queue video I'd imagine...

I'd love to have movie themes too...

dandaman

If I rode a coaster scored by John Williams or Alan Silvestri ... or Jerry Goldsmith... or a NUMBER of great film composers... that alone might be enough for a repeat visit!

EpcotServo

If I rode a coaster scored by John Williams or Alan Silvestri ... or Jerry Goldsmith... or a NUMBER of great film composers... that alone might be enough for a repeat visit!

You mean like...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye?
Star Tours?
JAWS
E.T.?
Revenge of the Mummy?
Back to the Future: The Ride?
Soarin'?

I think they're kinda' covered.
:shrug: :lol:

dxwwf3

Having the Back to the Future track would be a fantastic addition to the coaster. As much as I think The Simpsons ride was absolutely fantastic and surpassed every one of my expectations, I still miss BTTF terribly.

dandaman

You mean like...

Indiana Jones and the Temple of the Forbidden Eye?
Star Tours?
JAWS
E.T.?
Revenge of the Mummy?
Back to the Future: The Ride?
Soarin'?

I think they're kinda' covered.
:shrug: :lol:

Hence why I give them repeat visits. :D

('Cept Indy, yet to go to DL yet.)

Pete C

The latest batch of videos posted over at Screamscape show the coaster running at full speed. Much better...it looks like they may have been testing with brakes on during the first few videos that were available. It now looks to be making the course in stride! :sohappy:

Mr Bill

Official track list is out:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fe...ster-hollywood-rip-ride-rockit-song-list.html

CLASSIC ROCK/METAL

"Born to Be Wild," Hinder
"Bring Me to Life," Evanescence
"Gimme All Your Lovin'," ZZ Top
"Kickstart My Heart," Motley Crue
"Paralyzer," Finger Eleven
"Rollin'," Limp Bizkit

CLUB/ELECTRONICA

"Busy Child," The Crystal Method
"Harder Better Faster Stronger," Daft Punk
"Intergalactic," Beastie Boys
"Keep Hope Alive," The Crystal Method
"Le Disko," Shiny Toy Guns
"Pumps Up the Volume," MARRS

COUNTRY

"All Night Long," Montgomery Gentry
"Guitars, Cadillacs," Dwight Yoakam
"I Can Sleep When I'm Dead" Jason Michael Carroll
"Living in Fast Forward," Kenny Chesney
"Midnight Rider," The Allman Brothers
"The Devil Went Down to Georgia," The Charlie Daniels Band

RAP/HIP-HOP

"Don't Phunk With My Heart," Black Eyed Peas
"Insane in the Brain," Cypress Hill
"Pump It," Black Eyed Peas
"Rock Star," N.E.R.D.
"Sabotage," Beastie Boys
"Stronger," Kanye West

POP/DISCO

"Bad Girls," Donna Summer
"Glamorous," Fergie
"Hella Good," No Doubt
"I Will Survive," Gloria Gaynor
"That's the Way (I Like It)," KC and the Sunshine Band
"U Can't Touch This" MC Hammer

I feel let down

I was watching these Vlogs of Charles Trippy who just recently went to Universal and said he was talking to someone who was working on the ride and said it should be done this week! AS of July 1st

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Whats been picked is complete dross compared to the list of songs I voted on. Complete corporate rock bollox, wheres the Megadeth?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom