Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit?

hardcard

I was at the studios yesterday... never saw a train go.. I was there all day.. There were new cranes up AGAIN on the lift hill, and several cherry-pickers..

here we go again..

EpcotServo

Official track list is out:
http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/fe...ster-hollywood-rip-ride-rockit-song-list.html

CLASSIC ROCK/METAL

"Born to Be Wild," Hinder
"Bring Me to Life," Evanescence
"Gimme All Your Lovin'," ZZ Top
"Kickstart My Heart," Motley Crue
"Paralyzer," Finger Eleven
"Rollin'," Limp Bizkit

CLUB/ELECTRONICA

"Busy Child," The Crystal Method
"Harder Better Faster Stronger," Daft Punk
"Intergalactic," Beastie Boys
"Keep Hope Alive," The Crystal Method
"Le Disko," Shiny Toy Guns
"Pumps Up the Volume," MARRS

COUNTRY

"All Night Long," Montgomery Gentry
"Guitars, Cadillacs," Dwight Yoakam
"I Can Sleep When I'm Dead" Jason Michael Carroll
"Living in Fast Forward," Kenny Chesney
"Midnight Rider," The Allman Brothers
"The Devil Went Down to Georgia," The Charlie Daniels Band

RAP/HIP-HOP

"Don't Phunk With My Heart," Black Eyed Peas
"Insane in the Brain," Cypress Hill
"Pump It," Black Eyed Peas
"Rock Star," N.E.R.D.
"Sabotage," Beastie Boys
"Stronger," Kanye West

POP/DISCO

"Bad Girls," Donna Summer
"Glamorous," Fergie
"Hella Good," No Doubt
"I Will Survive," Gloria Gaynor
"That's the Way (I Like It)," KC and the Sunshine Band
"U Can't Touch This" MC Hammer

I feel let down

Official now, with previews of how to pick the songs on the coaster.

http://media.universalorlando.com/ripriderockit/?gip=true#/news

:wave:

So at first I was a little disappointed, but listening to previews on some of the songs I've been able to identify several different songs different members of my Party will all enjoy, so it looks like they did a good job appealing to all demographics.

My word

flying round there with "harder better faster stronger" belting out will be awesome

I know! That's my first choice always-Been an avid Daft Punk since the days as a youth spent watching those first three music videos over and over again on Toonami. Great stuff.
:sohappy:

Plus they included "Stronger", so I'm already itching to have a go at this at day time with Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger then ride it again at NIGHT with Stronger playing. Should be awesome.

I was at the studios yesterday... never saw a train go.. I was there all day.. There were new cranes up AGAIN on the lift hill, and several cherry-pickers..

here we go again..

I'm not worried, they still have to install the rings as well as the graphic package on the front of the tower, both of which will require cranes I imagine.

Anyways, I was thinking about what band I would want on there.

Edited their best and shortest song for the job and edited them together to fit, and came up with this...

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ov_au5RdeAM&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ov_au5RdeAM&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I like it.
:D

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
Whats been picked is complete dross compared to the list of songs I voted on. Complete corporate rock bollox, wheres the Megadeth?
C'mon.... they went corporate after Rust in Peace.

Where's Pendulum?? :D

Either way we`ll have a great time :)

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.

They were rather splendid opening for Priest.

And undoubtedly, hands up smiling for the cameras, holding on is for
chicken.jpg

jonnyc

I saw Pendulum at Glasto this year, very dissapointing. And they seemed to alienate half the auidence when they launched into the intro of Master of Puppets. Then alienate the other half when they began a Calvin Harris cover :lol:.

Now what we need on this ride is some Queens of the Stone Age :drevil:.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
Splatter marks from vomit during testing no doubt. I have read that you get turned inside out if you ride it more than three times in a day.

Deadman

While more of the queue signs are going up, a reader reports seeing that the Rockit’s height limit comes in at a weird... 51 inches. Off the top of my head, I think most other ride height limits are even numbers with Hulk and Dueling Dragons listed at 54”, Dr Doom at 52” and Revenge of the Mummy at 48”. I was kind of expecting another 48” limit for the Rockit myself... given the non-inverting family nature of the ride. To be fair, the only other X-Coaster operating in the US right now at Magic Springs has a 52” height limit, but it also features a ginormous Skyloop inversion hang at the top of the lift followed by a barrel-roll inversion too.

it has a 51' height limit, interesting.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Saw it testing today from CityWalk at about 6:30. It was my first time seeing the CityWalk portion during testing in daylight... oh man, soooooooo smooth. :D

dxwwf3

:lookaroun:lookaroun:lookaroun No comment...

They're the butt of many jokes now, but Significant Other is one of the most popular albums of the 90's. Personally, The Unquestionable Truth is my favorite of theirs.

The rap-metal hybrid is a whole lot better than the crap that rock music has become today. Even Linkin Park's latest album was horrible.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom