Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit?

DisneyPrincess5

Original Poster
Hi everyone!

Does anyone know the status on Universal's new roller coaster, Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit? The latest I've heard is that it's opening Spring 2009. Are they on schedule?

Thanks! :wave:

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Yeah, all the ads keep saying Spring, but I highly doubt this thing's gonna be ready for even technical rehearsals by like May. I'd expect grand opening in June.

crazydaveh

Yeah, all the ads keep saying Spring, but I highly doubt this thing's gonna be ready for even technical rehearsals by like May. I'd expect grand opening in June.

Well, technically, Spring lasts until midnight June 21! That's when Summer starts, so they're still legit saying Spring... I hope it's earlier than later!

Figment1986

I would guess they are aiming for a late may opening... Hopefully before memorial day as that is the unofficial kickoff for summer... from the pace they have been going trackwork should be done next month.... Testing will be fun with that rule against running coasters after 11pm ordinance in orlando... unless they can test but not test with people at that time.

MagliteL13

As far as I know, coasters can be running but not open after 11pm. How else are they gonna get the amount of cycle time they need?

I know I can't wait till cars start running. :D

I'm going to guess grand opening June 1st.

NemoRocks78

Seized
Premium Member
Well, technically, Spring lasts until midnight June 21! That's when Summer starts, so they're still legit saying Spring... I hope it's earlier than later!
I stand corrected then. :lol: But yeah, I still can't buy a May opening... there's still a lot of work with the station and surrounding areas, plus the lift track and whatever else is missing. It just seems like too much to have done by the time Manta opens, and that one is going for a May opening with just station and surrounding area work left. Early-mid June seems plausible to me. :shrug:

Figment1986

I stand corrected then. :lol: But yeah, I still can't buy a May opening... there's still a lot of work with the station and surrounding areas, plus the lift track and whatever else is missing. It just seems like too much to have done by the time Manta opens, and that one is going for a May opening with just station and surrounding area work left. Early-mid June seems plausible to me. :shrug:

Track work goes fast... Station work is moving along... as soon as they have the Non-inverting loop and lift in the coaster will speed up even more finishing the station and such... May is completely possible, granted they need to test it so if they can get a waver for testing her past 11:00pm maurer shone will certify her and the state of fla will approve...

ddiez

no i dont have that much time on my hand. So nothing is confirmed on average how long before an opening is it announced i saw that manta was already announced for may 22nd

Figment1986

no i dont have that much time on my hand. So nothing is confirmed on average how long before an opening is it announced i saw that manta was already announced for may 22nd

Manta is complete track wise, working on the queue and almost ready for real test runs... "Rockit" still has gaps in the track like the lift, between lift to twister, and back from behind twister to blue man...

IT might be ready for may... but only universal knows, and I they will not say a projected date until they are more ready.

ddiez

I understand well I am hoping that it will be open memorial day weekend as thats when i am going. I heard that even though manta track is done it has alot of other stuff to be done and this coaster is doing everything at once. anyone hear anything like that im not trying to be annoying but I am kinda going down there for manta, simpsons ride and this one. what percent chance do you guys think it will be open by then

nerdboyrockstar

i understand well i am hoping that it will be open memorial day weekend as thats when i am going. I heard that even though manta track is done it has alot of other stuff to be done and this coaster is doing everything at once. Anyone hear anything like that im not trying to be annoying but i am kinda going down there for manta, simpsons ride and this one. What percent chance do you guys think it will be open by then

50%

ddiez

any updates on this coasters opening i called universal and they said that they would love to have it open by memorial with soft openings in midmay but it will be a push

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom